The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
misko, I'd set your limit up to 60.

Vsync and the fps limit are conflicting here. Vsync is trying to match your fps to your monitor's refresh rate to prevent any possible screen tearing. 60 fps is also generally the smoothest they say your eye can see. Going from 51 to 60 might improve the quality of your play

If you're capped at 51 all the time, you'll stay at 60 no problem most of the lap if not all.

edit - lol I just read NO vsync...so yeah, ignore that part. I'd still set your limit to 60.
That really depends on your refresh rate, even without v-sync it should be a good idea to set it either equal or half of your refresh rate. I personally can't stand anything anything below 85Hz and even that feels little too flickery sometimes. So, for me 51FPS limit works well with 100Hz and there's no tearing at all, with 85Hz I'd try 42-43FPS limit.

Basically you can set FPS limit to emulate v-sync (with no triple-buffering), but with static limit instead of FPS cap changing dynamically between 0,25x - 0,5x - 1x depending on load.
I assumed he had an lcd, and about 75% of them are 60 hz. The more expensive ones have higher refresh rate though.

With a crt I agree with you though, but I haven't played games on a crt in years.
having 2Gb of ram changes everything, now everywhere it's smooth
Anyone else racing tonight?
Tonight, tomorrow, everyday. Already climbed up to 2nd place in finnish oval rankings, only 1900 iRating points below Huttu
Lolstice wookie it is then.
so far today I have yet seen an open race?

joining the quali in 10mins
Joining for teh 19 P.M. race.
lost 0.09 SR in one race. :/
i've join the race in 15 mins, laguna solstice rookie
Have the devs (at that only-iRacing-players-allowed forum) told about any plans how the tracks are going get updated? In some press release long time ago it was said "if there's going to be a change in the real track, it's going to be in the game too" or something like that.

For example the real Lime Rock has been raped few months ago. Repaved and there are two chicanes now. Old layout is still there though. ALMS raced on the new one and it has definitely lost some teeth. Regular sim gamer who is never going to drive on the real one would never want to drive virtually on this one. I'm just curious how they are going about this.

The already existing layout: http://www.timlinerud.com/raci ... _Rock_Track_Changes-1.pdf

ps. I have not read this thread since page 30 or something so I don't know if this has been discussed already.
Those changes don't look too promising.
Quote from deggis :Have the devs (at that only-iRacing-players-allowed forum) told about any plans how the tracks are going get updated? In some press release long time ago it was said "if there's going to be a change in the real track, it's going to be in the game too" or something like that.

For example the real Lime Rock has been raped few months ago. Repaved and there are two chicanes now. Old layout is still there though. ALMS raced on the new one and it's crap, track has definitely lost some teeth thanks to repaving. Regular sim gamer who is never going to drive on the real one would never want to drive virtually on this one. I'm just curious how they are going about this.

The already existing layout: http://www.timlinerud.com/raci ... _Rock_Track_Changes-1.pdf

ps. I have not read this thread since page 30 or something so I don't know if this has been discussed already.

They will not update it before the work on Lime Rock has ended. As far as I know there is still missing a new building and other stuff. So sometime next year it will be updated..
Got wrecked out in T1. Video to follow for evidence of complete iDiots on track.

EDIT: Wow, my SR took a nicedive thanks to this dummie (video still processing).
Quote from richard dk :They will not update it before the work on Lime Rock has ended. As far as I know there is still missing a new building and other stuff. So sometime next year it will be updated..

If they ask the community, they will probably have to keep the old version too

Forgot this link: http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1672039374

That is how it really looks, onboard from the ALMS race.
Quote from spankmeyer :Got wrecked out in T1. Video to follow for evidence of complete iDiots on track.

EDIT: Wow, my SR took a nicedive thanks to this dummie (video still processing).

please make a formal report of that sort of behaviour, because I don't ever want to meet such people.
Quote from deggis :If they ask the community, they will probably have to keep the old version too

Forgot this link: http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1672039374

I like the new layout options, but wish they didn't have to resurface the whole track

the old track had so much character in the concrete patches and the bumps...now it looks too perfect out there

I don't have VIR, and I never got good enough in the skippy last week to take it online...meaning I haven't raced since before week 13..I need to get back into the loop here :F

I've been driving the advanced solstice around LRP, and got a setup together that I'm more comfortable with. I've gotten my time down to 103.20, with a bit of improvement left. Top qualifying time is a 102.79 or something.
Quote from deggis :
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1672039374

Quote from spanks :I like the new layout options, but wish they didn't have to resurface the whole track

the old track had so much character in the concrete patches and the bumps...now it looks too perfect out there

When was the track renewed? I do like chicanes, but aren't those a little... well bad?
Just a quick question, which one of you is Daniel B.?
It was kinda confusing because you kept referring to me by LFS forum alias and didn't realise you were talking to me until after the race
Oh yeah, I saw the demo videos of "Driver's Republic" and it was one of the lamest games I have ever seen.
Quote from ssm :Oh yeah, I saw the demo videos of "Driver's Republic" and it was one of the lamest games I have ever seen.

Really? It actually appealed to me back then as it felt quite nice and was fun to drive. Oh wait, how it relates to iRacing?
Quote from hyntty :When was the track renewed? I do like chicanes, but aren't those a little... well bad?

the ALMS race was the first race on the fresh pavement/layout
Quote from TV[cz] :Really? It actually appealed to me back then as it felt quite nice and was fun to drive. Oh wait, how it relates to iRacing?

seriously, how does this relate to iracing?
The dude from driver's republic works for ferrari project now, doesn't he? or one of those games from simbin/isi or whatever.
One onboard lap from modernized LRP layout (ALMS'08)
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG