The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ajp71 :Clearly it is a strip of smooth asphalt (not ridged like in the photos someone has posted bellow). Upon closer inspection the iRacing appears to have a ridged run off like in the photos, which apparently isn't bumpy?

They are ridged, but the ridges aren't very high. You can feel it though the FFB, but it's not that noticable at speed.

Not their best looking curbs compared to the photos
Attached images
roada.jpg
how is the oval-part of it. is it adequate drafting? i mean is there aero-push and drag?
Quote from Fischfix :how is the oval-part of it. is it adequate drafting? i mean is there aero-push and drag?

Presuambly so, N2003 still offers much better oval racing than LFS ever has.
^ Yeah, I doubt they have thrown away any physics features they already had in N2003. Maybe recoded, but not completely left out. Especially considering how iRacing has a dedicated oval racing part, it would be quite weird to still have an aero model worse than LFS'.
From what I've experienced, it's quite good. The issue is that none of the cars available right now (at least on the oval) are quick enough to produce a fully testable draft. You can definitely get a tow on the road courses, though.
Quote from AndroidXP :^ Yeah, I doubt they have thrown away any physics features they already had in N2003. Maybe recoded, but not completely left out. Especially considering how iRacing has a dedicated oval racing part, it would be quite weird to still have an aero model worse than LFS'.

Did'nt they use the N2003 code as a base to start of with then recode and build around it, I would imagine that the oval racing would be the strong point (good good, looking forward to that :nod but we should also see it benifiting the road cources.
Been watching some vids on YouTube, gotta say it looks impressive
Physics look lively and the sounds?! Tell me those are not simulated sounds
Screw it, I'm going to give this a go. Anybody got an invite for an ex-leper?
Too late for invites now. They were turned in last friday. There's either going to be a second round of invites or they'll just do a full release.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Screw it, I'm going to give this a go. Anybody got an invite for an ex-leper?

How pathetic. I thought you had more strength of character than that bud.

Do they accept Visa ?
lolz
Just a thought, but how long do you think it is till we get Icruising and Idrifting.
finally, he joined us on the dark side

Quote from Mazz4200 : How pathetic. I thought you had more strength of character than that bud.

Really?

Ah well, I was in the mood for an impulse buy of hiPricing tonight, but it's not to be.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Just a thought, but how long do you think it is till we get Icruising and Idrifting.

That's pretty obvious. Never.
Quote from thisnameistaken :
Ah well, I was in the mood for an impulse buy of hiPricing tonight, but it's not to be.

When you do, don't forget to come back and tell us all about it.

Let's hear some LFS biased opinions.
Quote from Mattesa :When you do, don't forget to come back and tell us all about it.

Let's hear some LFS biased opinions.

What's that supposed to mean?

I am not, never was and never will be a blind LFS fanboy. It's my favourite sim so far, and I would recommend it to others, but I don't just dismiss other sims without trying them first.
thisnameistaken and others who want to join iRacing send me a PM with your real name (no nick names allowed in iRacing) and email address, and I will take care your going to get invited in the next round of invitations which will be in around 4 to 7 weeks I would guess
Quote from mikey_G :You prefer biased opinions over objective opinions? Moron...

It was a stab at the overly positive opinions over at RSC.

I understand sarcasm translates poorly over the net sometimes, but "Moron"?
Please...
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG