The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Seb66 :live airports... seriously. what the ****

I'll 2nd that. Its almost if they do it deliberately. Everybody has been waiting for driver swaps they even told us they were bringing driver swaps, then they pull this BS on us.

I really wanted to come back when they released Oulton but this really takes the biscuit.
birds and planes is pointless. It good that the driver animations are here though will make the replays look much less stupid. Hope the release notes shows some useful improvements ( doubt much will happen though ).
Well i heard this episode was purely a showcase of graphical/asthetical developments only.
Quote from racer hero :There is a beta team that test/receive the new content before others.. How much actual problem reporting they do? Who knows ..

Yeah that's the jist of it really. Like the HPD testing. Why refer to Greg Hill testing it (Staff member), instead of testers. There lies the problem IMO.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well i heard this episode was purely a showcase of graphical/asthetical developments only.

How to show a tire that is a block with nothing acting on it (forces/tire deformation, flat spots, etc). Side walls of the tires are not even implemented properly yet IIRC.

Their NTM apparantly can change drastically in a couple days (beta NTM to new NTM), and that video was probably created over the last week, so it has been changed quite a bit since then.
Quote from PMD9409 :
Their NTM apparantly can change drastically in a couple days (beta NTM to new NTM), and that video was probably created over the last week, so it has been changed quite a bit since then.

When is the new build rolling out, again? Have they said anything at all about a new incarnation of the NTM, or are you just speculating?
Quote from Gnomie :When is the new build rolling out, again? Have they said anything at all about a new incarnation of the NTM, or are you just speculating?

Not said yet....
Quote from StableX :Not said yet....

Quote from Steve Myers :We just wrapped up our weekly engineering meeting and we have made the decision that we have one last item that we want to get into our next release but it will not be finished until next week. With the first pro series race taking place on Tuesday night we will not release the build until Wednesday at the earliest but it will be out by the end of the week.

A quick update on the new tire model which is improved over our August release.

Legends, MX-5 Cup car and Roadster, SRF, Street Stock and Late Model will all be on the new tire model. The Skip Barber car, 3 NASCAR vehicles, HPD and Ford GT will be updated to the current iteration of the new tire model. All of the cars being released on the new tire model have also been tweaked in other areas to adapt them to the new model. We have also made a lot of progress on the other vehicles but these are the vehicles we have been focused on and are most comfortable with right now.

Obviously there is much more coming in the next release some of which can be seen in the current episode of iRacingTV. We will plan to post the full release notes next week.

Steve

No Radical or Lotus NTM? No driver swaps? Looks like I'll leave it another 3 months before thinking of re-subbing then.
Lotus is probably the last car to get ntm if I had to make a guess...
Quote from Hyperactive :Lotus is probably the last car to get ntm if I had to make a guess...

Always save the best till last...
Quote from The Moose :No Radical or Lotus NTM? No driver swaps? Looks like I'll leave it another 3 months before thinking of re-subbing then.

After the 2.0 fail, iR said they won't have driver swaps at least until S1 2012. That's why I was so mad then.

Looks like getting the NTM out on the slow/beginner cars were the key here. Trying to make newcomers more happy. Must really be in debt, sucks for them.
they're too happy taking your cash still Phil
Is there any way of telling whether iRacing is making money? In my country (Norway) all registered companies have to disclose all such information, and it's readily available on the internet for anyone to see. Is there a similar system in the US?

(Something tells me the answer is 'no'..)
Quote from Gnomie :Is there any way of telling whether iRacing is making money? In my country (Norway) all registered companies have to disclose all such information, and it's readily available on the internet for anyone to see. Is there a similar system in the US?

That wouldn't be of any help! The World economy is in a mess because it has been all too easy for companies to have their financial statement read any way they wish
Quote from Gnomie :Is there any way of telling whether iRacing is making money? In my country (Norway) all registered companies have to disclose all such information, and it's readily available on the internet for anyone to see. Is there a similar system in the US?

One of the staff said recently recently that John Henry was still paying the biggest subscription fee I presume that means they are not making any money out of it.

In Norway there is a database that releases all personal information of income and what's currently in the bank account of everyone in the country..

If you gave me YOUR name, I could find out how much money you earn!

AFAIK there's NO other country that does that because it's wrong.
Quote from Shotglass :do they actually allow you to drive that thing online on any of the good tracks now? when i last tried iracing it was the only car i enjoyed at all

It's just the week 13 'joker' series setup now, with Legends on road tracks.
Yeah, unfortunately it's just a week 13 thing. However there are one or two leagues who have road series in this car. It's definitely my favourite car, however I'm looking forward to the new tire model for cars like the Miata and Mustang... I just got another 3 months subscription, so I'll see if I actually keep playing it regularly this time around :P
We should ask them for a proper legends road series, it really is one of the best cars in the service.
Quote from anttt69 :We should ask them for a proper legends road series, it really is one of the best cars in the service.

Agreed, it's like old school F1, cars that are driven around the rear axle, makes for very fun racing.
Quote from BlueFlame :Agreed, it's like old school F1, cars that are driven around the rear axle, makes for very fun racing.

Absolutely! I started off sim racing in GPL, so this car is perfect for me! Would love to race it regularly.
Quote from Michael Denham :Absolutely! I started off sim racing in GPL, so this car is perfect for me! Would love to race it regularly.

That's why iRacing has a good feel for me in general, the nr2003 engine was not far at all from the GPL engine (if i'm not mistaken).
Quote from Michael Denham :Absolutely! I started off sim racing in GPL, so this car is perfect for me! Would love to race it regularly.

Geez, talk about a trial by fire! haha
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG