The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
woot woot. i finished 3rd only 2 legends cars finished ahead of me. It looks like the race didnt change anything about my rating. My iRating is till -- and so is my ttRating. and i'm still rated as a 2.50 rookie. So that race did nothing for me but get me more used to the game?
next race is in 13 minutes, but if it's not going to improve my rating...
You can't improve your rating this week. It was frozen to test the multicar races.

Race went horrible for me. Lagged at start, frozen in T3 and hit the wall while frozen. So I just specced you lol. Then left and now started a Disk Defragmenter. I keep getting a virtual memory low error. Is there a way to fix this without necessarily buying more ram.

And also, if I get more ram do I have to change my PSU?
Quote from Gabkicks :woot woot. i finished 3rd only 2 legends cars finished ahead of me. It looks like the race didnt change anything about my rating. My iRating is till -- and so is my ttRating. and i'm still rated as a 2.50 rookie. So that race did nothing for me but get me more used to the game?
next race is in 13 minutes, but if it's not going to improve my rating...

This week is "fun week", regular schedule will resume on sunday. These races have no effect on any ratings.

Quote from evilpimp :Race went horrible for me. Lagged at start, frozen in T3 and hit the wall while frozen. So I just specced you lol. Then left and now started a Disk Defragmenter. I keep getting a virtual memory low error. Is there a way to fix this without necessarily buying more ram.

And also, if I get more ram do I have to change my PSU?

Most likely reason for that error is lack of disk space. Make sure you have enough free space on partition where your page file is located and make sure that it is set large enough.

You don't need to be concerned about your powersupply when adding RAM.
I can't figure out how to add you guys to my friends list. I was a bit surprised to see the framerate drop at the start of the race, but during the race it was above 60 most of the time. I was too busy trying to get a good lap time to notice the exact framerate.
Quote from Gabkicks :I can't figure out how to add you guys to my friends list.

Do a search by and click the helmet next to driver's name. This opens up a list with couple options, including "Add friend"
(It's little clumsy at the moment, for an example you can't add drivers through their profile page)
I'll be in the next Solstice race in 10 minutes. Maybe see you there. (Nicholas Aronson).
wow, the legends cars are crazy.I literally was wiping sweat from my brow during the race while trying to set decent lap times w/ this car. I can get in the low 1'46's constantly, but that's pretty far away from the 1'42's that other drivers are getting.
I'll be in the race starting in 8 minutes probably in the Legends I defragmented my c and F drives and have 48% free space now. Hopefully that helped and I should be getting more RAM VERY soon. Maybe even tomorow lol.
Quote from Gabkicks :wow, the legends cars are crazy.I literally was wiping sweat from my brow during the race while trying to set decent lap times w/ this car. I can get in the low 1'46's constantly, but that's pretty far away from the 1'42's that other drivers are getting.

What car would it compare to in LFS? I'm thinking the LX6, but by the sounds of it, it might be more like the LX8 which was ditched because it wasn't drivable.
I don't think it's as bad as an LX8 but a bit worst then a LX6. It's pretty challenging but pretty easy to recover a slide (thankfully). I tried it today and your sliding all over the place lol. I have the FFB set to 15 and after 5 laps my arms were already getting tired :S.
Probably like the LX6 on the standard road tyres with a loose setup around one of the South City Sprint tracks, sounds like fun.
the force feedback is very different from the lx6. you can really feel when the weight shift on and off of the front tires. its quite violent if you don't drive smoothly

A muscle under my left armpit next to the pectoral is a bit sore from driving the damned legends car.

Ah, the short wheelbase reminds me of the xfr, actually. except that the balance is different and the legends car is rear wheel drive.
Quote from Gabkicks :I can't figure out how to add you guys to my friends list. I was a bit surprised to see the framerate drop at the start of the race, but during the race it was above 60 most of the time. I was too busy trying to get a good lap time to notice the exact framerate.

click on the person's helmet for options..... when searching for people.
it looks so dodgable from the outside...but inside the car its just like BRACE FOR IMPACT

thats what I've noticed lol. Something is so amazing in the car, and then you go back to watch the replay outside and it looks pretty mundane

I can't wait till we see body cracking and coming off along with wheels and stuff.
I had a LeMans style flip in a radical last race at Silverstone because someone came into my room and distracted me :>
Noone else involved though, and I was about the disconnect, so it was all good and spectacular :P
Does anyone know for sure when the next round of invites will go out?

Im getting more and more jealous everyday.

EDIT: Thanks Troy!!
Quote from th84 :Does anyone know for sure when the next round of invites will go out?

Im getting more and more jealous everyday.

EDIT: Thanks Troy!!

no idea exactly, but I'd expect it to be soon after the new season starts..... hope so, anyway.. more people in the solstice please
I signed up for the iracing newsletter early on in the beginning, and they sent me a promotional code.
Hopefully a kind person will invite me the next time the invites go out. I have a question that they don't seem to answer on the site, what type of payments do they accept? I have a Maestro debit card and paypal, but if needed I could get my dad to put it on his credit card, knowing how fussy Americans are with that sort of thing.
They don't accept UK debit cards or paypal (at least they didn't when I paid). Only credit cards.
Well I wanted to buy with debit but on the page were you pay it asks to put the first and last name like it appears on the credit card. So I'm guessing thats a sign to tell us you need a credit card lol.
They wonder why the country is in so much debt, too much reliance on credit cards! Credit Cards are bad, anything with credit in the name should be avoided if you want to stay out of debt in my opinion. I will have to see what its like, hopefully my card will be accepted because its Natwest and they are good for online banking, if not I will pikey my dads card and give him the cash.
Quote from mythdat :They don't accept UK debit cards or paypal (at least they didn't when I paid). Only credit cards.

I used a UK debit card without a problem, albeit one with a Visa logo on it.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG