The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Can you go online with the trials? Whats the most popular combo? I wouldn't mind trying the mazda or radical, i applied for radical at silverstone from radical website, still not got back to me, last time i tried from someone on here i still had to pay £10 or someting.
Quote from Rappa Z :Just another quick license question because the season is ending soon:

Do I need to complete an entire season to license up? I moved up from rookie when there was 4 weeks left in the full seasons and I'm done with the current requirments.

As long as you meet the requirements you'll move up.
Thanks, now that Radical I bought won't go to waste.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Can you go online with the trials? Whats the most popular combo? I wouldn't mind trying the mazda or radical, i applied for radical at silverstone from radical website, still not got back to me, last time i tried from someone on here i still had to pay £10 or someting.

You can go online in the trial, but won't be able to race with either of those cars as they require higher licenses. You can use them offline for practice though. You'll start off with the Solstice and Legends car for online, and you could make it to the Skippy and Late Model during the trial period I think, you'd have to buy those(plus tracks) though.
So where do i apply for a trial?

Can i have legends and solitice online and then mazda/radical offline?
Do it again maybe? Only took them about a day to respond to mine.
I think i did it yesterday, so ill lieave it a while, anything i should add in the comments part to help me?
What are you guys going to race next season? I'm going to go with the Mazda for road racing, and I'll probably stick to the SK modified for ovals because its so much fun to drive. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the trucks online yet, so maybe I'll do those instead of the modifieds but I doubt it. Just wish they would release the schedule and Nationwide car so I can buy more crap.
Quote from UncleBenny :What are you guys going to race next season? I'm going to go with the Mazda for road racing, and I'll probably stick to the SK modified for ovals because its so much fun to drive. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the trucks online yet, so maybe I'll do those instead of the modifieds but I doubt it. Just wish they would release the schedule and Nationwide car so I can buy more crap.

You addicted sucka!

But yeah, same problem here, I am also waiting for Road Atlanta (which they made a track page for it, so it's coming). I won 2 division titles in TT, so if they do the payout things I should have about $30 in credits. Should pay for a couple things, which will be nice. As far as what to race, I think I'll be doing TT for almost everything I can to try and earn some credit for content. Then I'll probably do races for COT, NWS, DP, and Radical. Of course I'll probably get greedy and do some other stuff, but as you can see above, it's easy to get sucked in!
Can someone help me please, i got my code for 1 month trial, signed up, entered my credit card details which seem to be fine and i got this page, says everything is valid apart from something called Order_Timestamp it says its invalid, anyone know what this is?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Can someone help me please, i got my code for 1 month trial, signed up, entered my credit card details which seem to be fine and i got this page, says everything is valid apart from something called Order_Timestamp it says its invalid, anyone know what this is?

Try contacting iRacing support at support@iracing.com
Garbage, new schedule is out and modified races are only once a week again, I never even got to do a full season. They had official races every night in that division...I don't get why they killed it off.
Quote :Attached you will find the iRacing 2009 Season 2 schedule. We spent quite a bit of time over the last month discussing how to facilitate more official racing throughout the license ladders, and we have made some adjustments to try and accomplish this. In the lower license levels, we have moved the SK Modified Series to once again be a once-weekly series running from 0 GMT Sunday through 0 GMT Monday, and we have put on a temporary hiatus the Legends Road Racing Series. In the higher levels, we have reduced the number of A and B race sessions and put the Silver Crown Series on a temporary hiatus as well. The Silver Crown Car is still available for testing in the meantime.

Some additions this season include the Spec Racer Ford, which becomes our advanced rookie road car – and is FREE to all members. Enjoy!! We have also added the Impala Class B series on the oval ladder, which will include Talladega on its schedule. The Class A Impala series has two new tracks on its schedule with Texas and Talladega being added. For the road racing side of the service, Road Atlanta has been added to the Star Mazda, Radical and DP schedule this season.

Both oval and road Class A and B series race lengths have been slightly shortened this season.

And finally we have moved the race week change to be 0 GMT Tuesday so we will now have an entire weekend of racing at the same track.

As our membership continues to grow in all parts of the world, we will continue to monitor and adjust the balance between racing and racing schedule.

Steve

Sweeet, new car for free

And since there's often questions about how the schedule works and forum access requires subscription, here it is.
Attached files
iRacing 2009 Season 2 schedule.rar - 3.3 KB - 308 views
UncleBenny: They probably saw that participation numbers weren't high enough over the course of full season. What I'd suggest is run have season feature only one weekly series and change/rotate it for every season. Although in my opinion 12 weeks is little long for these series, so another solution would be to have weekly series run on 6 weeks schedule which would work better for testing out new series and/or multi-class racing.
Quote from Crommi :UncleBenny: They probably saw that participation numbers weren't high enough over the course of full season. What I'd suggest is run have season feature only one weekly series and change/rotate it for every season. Although in my opinion 12 weeks is little long for these series, so another solution would be to have weekly series run on 6 weeks schedule which would work better for testing out new series and/or multi-class racing.

I guess, I just don't see the point of making it only one day a week though, so now if I am busy on the weekend, I can't race the modified at all that week, if they gave a weekday too like Wednesday it might not be as bad.

Also I don't see why participation numbers matter, the 3 US night time slots had enough guys for a race every night from what I saw, even if participation is low, obviously some people enjoy racing it. If people want to race that series then why stop them? So now we have 4 full fendered oval series and the only open wheel one left is one day a week. Oh well, guess I'll buy the late model and move on, its not really a big deal just annoys me because when I signed up for iRacing the modifieds are the car I wanted to race the most, and now they get the shaft 2 weeks into my subscription.
Whaaaat, SRF for free?!! OMG that's so cool! Can't wait to try it!
Quote from titanLS :The skip is awful until you realize that to turn you have keep partial throttle applied to keep the weight over the rear, then it's really fun.

So It's basically like my Miata? If so, I can not wait until I get to drive it.

Quote from titanLS :I've never driven a sim car that actually needed partial throttle to plant the rear tires, but it works overly well in iRacing's skip barber. Realistic or not, to go fast in that car as it is you have to left foot brake and ride the throttle a little, basically all the time. Stability and grip come alive.

Don't you have to do that to the XRT and XRG?

I would love to have them put in Spec Miatas. Although I guess the Skippy will suffice.
+1 for spec Miatas! But the Solstice is actually very similar to the Miata.
You keep partial throttle in the skippy because it has an open diff. Take your favorite road race set in LFS and throw in an open diff, or set the preload to 0 and enjoy spinning out under braking and turn in.

The miata and solstice are very different. The miata is flat, stiff, and bouncy. The solstice is like a barge...sorta like an old caddilac.

A free SRF is kind of not that great for me. I was already planning on buying it...so getting it for free is nice, but the schedule absolutely sucks now. Its just the same tracks we've been racing since the beginning...and most importantly no Road Atlanta.
Quote from spanks :A free SRF is kind of not that great for me. I was already planning on buying it...so getting it for free is nice, but the schedule absolutely sucks now. Its just the same tracks we've been racing since the beginning...and most importantly no Road Atlanta.

But when you think of it, having it as Adv. Rookie car makes sense. Difference between locked and "open" setup Solstices were really small and it doesn't prepare you for Skippy. First time you get out on the track with Skippy, you exit pits and think "oh, this is kinda slow".... then you enter first corner and it kills you.

Spec Racer Ford should be much easier to drive and find the driving lines, power-steering in Solstice makes the feeling little numb and hard to figure out track characteristics.
Quote from UncleBenny :Garbage, new schedule is out and modified races are only once a week again, I never even got to do a full season. They had official races every night in that division...I don't get why they killed it off.

end of season tomorrow mate... could be why?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG