The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Crommi :Did you guys check the latest news?

Have the devs bought a small island and announced it was all a big scam to steal everyones money, and everyone has been playing a modified version of LFS S1?
Quote from Crommi :Did you guys check the latest news?

Yes, seems awesome! I'd really like to race the Radical, but I'm going to hold out on getting it with my remaining iDollars. It might be a lot of fun if the car drives the way I think it will, but it could also be meh.

I guess the Solstice vs Legends will be a whole lot of fun though! Multi-class racing ftw.
Quote from Jertje :
I guess the Solstice vs Legends will be a whole lot of fun though! Multi-class racing ftw.

The horror of it all. The legends will be magic.
Daytona Prototypes also announced.
I think I'll focus a bit on the skippy this weekend, although I really want to bring my LS PB down below 1.48.5 and consistent into the 1.48's.

Already have Infineon ready and waiting for next week, and I'm looking forward to that, but I do want to race one of you guys then, maybe we should try to fix a time to increase our odds of being paired up! :>
I don't think I'll be racing the skippy much just yet. I'll concentrate on the Advanced Solstice for now. It's just so much fun atm (at least if I'm not punted in T1).

I just had such a great race!

I'm starting 6th on the outside line for T1 and lose one position. But soon, two guys crash out and for 1 lap I have a very nice view on the battle between what's now 3rd and 4th position. The guy in 4th drives like a madman, swerving left and right, trying to get past. So I hang back a little waiting for the inevitable to happen. Sure enough he spins on lap 3.

I take his position and pick up where he left off -- chasing the guy in 3rd. We 're running very similar lap times with me being a tad bit faster. Lap after lap I'm trying to set him up out of the last turn to get alongside on start/finish and pass him into T1, but I just can't get a run on him. By lap 7 or 8 or so, this gets a little too intense for me. I let off slightly for one lap to calm down.

Then I start to increase the pressure again. On lap 13 he has a moment in the twisties. I'm not close enough to pass just yet, but I am now completely up his bumper again. On the last lap, he again gets a little too sideways (I was so absorbed by the fight, I don't even remember where it was). I sneek past, with only a couple of turns to go, and take 3rd! Yay!

This whole battle went on for 11 laps with 0.2 to 0.6 seconds in between us over the whole time. 0 incidents for both of us, too. I just wish I could have saved the replay.

And btw, I finally broke into the 1:29s - twice during the course of the race. My new pb of 1:29.696 is 0.4 seconds faster than my previous best from qualifying and 0.6 seconds faster than my previous best in a race.

This soo makes up for the race before, where I got punted in T1 and had to reset due to suspension damage and finished 10th, although I clearly had top5 pace.

Well, I'm off to bed. Good night.
that sounded like a great race maN, and a 1.29 too - perfect mate
I wish they could work on forum software a bit if they have time. It's friggin' driving me insane when I can't add spacing just by hitting "enter". Instead I have to remember to add "<br>" tags everywhere.

Edit: Ah nevermind, it seems to happen if there's any code in the message, such as url or image tags. Imageshack thumbnails break it everytime. I just can't figure out how to use attachments
Quote from Crommi :I wish they could work on forum software a bit if they have time. It's friggin' driving me insane when I can't add spacing just by hitting "enter". Instead I have to remember to add "<br>" tags everywhere.

something must be wrong there. I don't have that problem....
Quote from Crommi :I wish they could work on forum software a bit if they have time. It's friggin' driving me insane when I can't add spacing just by hitting "enter". Instead I have to remember to add "<br>" tags everywhere.

Edit: Ah nevermind, it seems to happen if there's any code in the message, such as url or image tags. Imageshack thumbnails break it everytime. I just can't figure out how to use attachments

No problem here either.
I guess it's related to browser then, have to use Firefox for iRacing and I don't like it one bit. Could be some settings messing it up, although I've only changed homepage to iRacing and that's it.
Quote from Crommi :I guess it's related to browser then, have to use Firefox for iRacing and I don't like it one bit. Could be some settings messing it up, although I've only changed homepage to iRacing and that's it.

Could be as I am using FF.
If you guys are missing a certain sense of community btw, I just popped into the West Europe chat and there were a couple of guys in there, they told me they pop in at around 20:00 GMT and just have a chat, and try a few races together. I think I'll certainly pop in every day and have a look what's up. Most of them use voice-chat, so it seems to be a nice initiative to get a nice community-feel going with some off-race chatter :>

Feel free to pop in I guess!
Didn't even know there was other chat than the pre-race one
Quote from Crommi :Didn't even know there was other chat than the pre-race one

It's in the main menu: where home, series, news etc is. There are quite a bit of pre-set channels there
I have created a chat room for us LFS users, let me know if it works

I will check in there every time I go online. Would be great if we all used it, at least we have something in common

Edit : Damn, it doesn't stay, it disappears when i go off the channel, that's a bit of a bummer
aghhhhh back to limerock for the solskie

I need to get my safety rating higher so I can have another track to race on.

I like LRP, but I really enjoy just making laps around laguna.
Yay, Limerock!

Let's see how long it will take to get back on pace
Quote from Jertje :If you guys are missing a certain sense of community btw, I just popped into the West Europe chat and there were a couple of guys in there, they told me they pop in at around 20:00 GMT and just have a chat, and try a few races together. I think I'll certainly pop in every day and have a look what's up. Most of them use voice-chat, so it seems to be a nice initiative to get a nice community-feel going with some off-race chatter :>

Feel free to pop in I guess!

Lol, I'm lumped together with the rest of the world - Africa, Australia, Oceania, Asia, South America, East-Europe and Russia...
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Lol, I'm lumped together with the rest of the world - Africa, Australia, Oceania, Asia, South America, East-Europe and Russia...

I know, all of "Northern" Europe is :>
Yesterday we had people from all over the world pop in for a chat though, it was a lot of fun!
Quote from Jertje :Yay, Limerock!

Let's see how long it will take to get back on pace

Took me 25 laps to improve my PB
132 points for 2nd place in a 2330 strength field
Raced with Luke Mclean - that guy definitely doesn't have a passport from Earth; his average laptimes were almost faster than the fastest race-laps of anyone else.

Anyway, I'll probably leave the Rookie Solstices alone for now, save for a few time trials, and I'll move on permanently to the Skippy. If some of the guys in the chart make some mistakes I might even end up in the top 25 for the season, but that's a case of wait-and-see I guess
According to your start position, you should have an iRating of over 2.000 points yourself, you know. No wonder you end up in fields of that magnitude. Good job, Jeroen.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG