The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :
Whether that is due to resolution or whatever I don't know, but how you see it on the real-video is how the real thing looks to the naked eye.

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :

FFS, just once I wonder if you could muster the balls to say "Oh yeah, you're right I never thought of that".

It's clear as daylight that I have considered it, just people on this forum like to continually point out to people "YOU'RE WRONG" like some witch-hunt.

The comment above (one of the first that I made) doesn't dispute anyone elses arguement and shows humility in saying that I don't know but this isn't enough for some.
Stu, Moose, whatever you wanna be called ... Eric Hudec has opened up a thread in the Lotus79 forum and asking questions to the community on what to fix with the car. Just a FYI, because I believe you liked the car.
Quote from PMD9409 :Stu, Moose, whatever you wanna be called ... Eric Hudec has opened up a thread in the Lotus79 forum and asking questions to the community on what to fix with the car. Just a FYI, because I believe you liked the car.

Thanks for the heads up

I'm no longer a member though, so it's not a conversation i'm going to be involved in.

Surely the Devs are the experts anyway? Shouldn't they know what needs fixing
Quote from BlueFlame : people on this forum like to continually point out to people "YOU'RE WRONG" like some witch-hunt.

Don't be such a drama queen. People are only pointing out that you're wrong because....you're wrong

It only seems like a witch hunt to you because you're wrong an awful lot
Quote from The Moose :Don't be such a drama queen. People are only pointing out that you're wrong because....you're wrong

It only seems like a witch hunt to you because you're wrong an awful lot

I'm not wrong, I left my comment open.
No, you're plain wrong, couldn't admit it, blamed it on some fantastical "misunderstanding", then tried to mask it by steering your related posts in an unrelated direction to mask the issue - your usual 3 step modus operandi as far as I can tell.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :No, you're plain wrong, couldn't admit it, blamed it on some fantastical "misunderstanding", then tried to mask it by steering your related posts in an unrelated direction to mask the issue - your usual 3 step modus operandi as far as I can tell.

It was mentioned before anyone routed me as 'wrong'. Think what you must.
The following may get me a forum ban but so be it.

BlueFlame, you are an a**hole.

Ball bearing Turbo has it spot on.

You don't have the balls to admit you are wrong.

BlueFlame, you are an a**hole.

You spout off a load of opinionated s**t as fact and when some one brings a proper argument to the table you change the subject or pick on a small part of the argument that you feel you are still right in and try to ignore the rest

Man up

Grow some balls

and while your at it

Grow up.

BlueFlame, stop being an a**hole.
David Tucker says "only Dave knows what the problem is between the new tire model and fanatec wheels". Well common sense tells me why doesn't dave post the reason. Doesn't anybody talk to "Dave"? lol.
Dave isn't real.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm not an advocate of laser scanning as a way of recreating the nuances of a track - bumps, surface changes, and all the subtle things that turn a length of tarmac from a length of tarmac into a challenging race track - but they do at least get track width and elevation correct.

Care to explain why you think that?

I used iRacing to learn Laguna Seca before I did the racing school there (in the Skippy car). It taught me a lot. If I drive the Solstice there it's pretty much identical to the real thing in my Spec Miata. The only things that are different are a couple rumble strips (which were changed in the years after the track was made), the extra runoff they put in turn 2 last year, and the placement of the turn 11 number boards (which move around with the wind anyway).

Very similar story for Infineon Raceway too.
Here's a tutorial video I put together for the Spec Racer Ford at Summit Point Raceway...

http://youtu.be/A4PpdcXOgaw

I am starting to do these every week for the Spec Ford, and my friend Rich is doing the same thing for the Skippy this season, on the same youtube channel.
Hell yeah!! That's awesome Modern GPL here we come And it's not even April 1st, so no chance of April fool!
Don't know why people get a boner over the Lotus 49. It wasn't even a championship winning car until 68. I'd take BT24 over the Lotus any day.

Or Cooper T81 for that matter.
Quote from BlueFlame :Don't know why people get a boner over the Lotus 49. It wasn't even a championship winning car until 68. I'd take BT24 over the Lotus any day.

Or Cooper T81 for that matter.

maybe it's because it won its first ever race in the hands of one of the most acclaimed drivers in formula one history

maybe it's because despite its reliability issues it dominated every race it won in its first year

or maybe it's because its dfv-cosworth engine was so vastly successful and influential that it was winning races 15 years after its conception

i don't know
Well when I said "I don't know" it was more rhetorical, I'm not against people who like the 49, I just don't think it's fair on the BT24, to finish first, first you have to finish, and the BT24 did just that, and it had a V8 based on a buick block iirc.
Part of the reason the Lotus 49 is a bit special to me is that it's the first car I drove in GPL. I was at the Lotus 50th Anniversary at Hethel on Sept 12th 1998, and they had a sim rig with GPL, with the Lotus 49 at Spa. There was a competition for fastest time, and I managed to win
Quote from Michael Denham :Part of the reason the Lotus 49 is a bit special to me is that it's the first car I drove in GPL. I was at the Lotus 50th Anniversary at Hethel on Sept 12th 1998, and they had a sim rig with GPL, with the Lotus 49 at Spa. There was a competition for fastest time, and I managed to win

I've never driven GPL but that's a great story Michael. What was the prize?
Quote from StableX :I've never driven GPL but that's a great story Michael. What was the prize?

I agree, great story. Alot of people got into GPL via a convention of some kind ironically.
Tried GPL when I was a wee lad, that was the first car I drove. Should be great fun 14-15 years later.

In other news, quite surprised about some of the info I read about the HPD today. One of the reasons it might be too fast is because it is way lighter. The 2010 ALMS (?) rules quite clearly state that the car should weigh 825kg without fuel and driver, however the one in iRacing has 825 including the driver of 92kg. Massive difference. Hopefully they get that fixed soon (Eric Hudec was in the discussion, so staff knows).
I remember playing GPL with a joystick (LOL) on my old PC at about 15 FPS. The first car I picked was a Lotus, of course, because there is a real lotus sitting in my garage right now.
Quote from BlueFlame :I like how people think Laser Scanned means instantly uber-accurate though.

No, I really don't.

words from Shawn Nash, iR Staff:
"You are driving on a laser scan. The width is accurate to a few millimeters."
words from me:
I did the video, i didnt match exactly the FOV. srry
do a better video comparison with lfs then and match the FOV of the real cam.
and no, the view of the real camera is not how the real thing looks to the naked eye.
Quote from peicheck :
and no, the view of the real camera is not how the real thing looks to the naked eye.

It is, and I know, I've been there. Multiple times.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG