The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Forgot I made this little video, wish I had saved the replay though, as there was really nothing in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkWGqwOGLjE

Edit: Found a screenshot too
Attached images
iRacingSim 2010-02-21 18-29-38-95.png
Quote from dawesdust_12 :.. I need to buy a year of iRacing.. if nothing more than something to do.

I did it.

Dustin Dawes in the iRacing land. find me and i will rookie solstice you from behind.
Everyone breaks eventually Dustin, welcome along to iRacing

You need to have a shot in the Radical for serious fun. Send me a pm and I'll lend you my account for a bit so you can try any car on any track you like. Only testing mind as you are a known wrecker :P
I'm thinking of re-subscribing now I have a lot more time on my hands, especially over summer. Is it nowadays setup so you need to buy 5 tracks and 5 cars before you can get into any decent sets of races? Or are there still loads of races on certain combo's.

Also, is there a way I can reactivate my old account and keep my stats+purchases?
Your stats and purchases will still be there when you reactivate your old account.

There's a great promo going right now.. resubscribe for a year (for $99) and receive $30 worth of iRacing credits for which you can buy new content. The details are in this post by Richard.
The iRacing drivers world championship clalims to have the best sim racers in the world.

Are there any other sim racers out there, that do not play iRacing, which could compete with the likes of Gregor Huttu , Richard Towler and co?

Could Bawabag be up there for example if the wee bugger got his ass into gear and played iracing?

What are your thoughts?
Quote from AlienT. :

Are there any other sim racers out there, that do not play iRacing, which could compete with the likes of Gregor Huttu , Richard Towler and co?

Yup, plenty

Maybe not compete with Mr Huttu, I consider him to be the best of the best, but i know a few who would undoubtedly be right up there with the top guys if they signed up (or in a few cases if they actually gave iRacing a bigger shot... a few have tried and simply didnt like the sim/format)

From the netKar guys I race with I've no doubt that Jaap Wagenvoort and quite a few of the Lastplace Racing team would be right up there.. certainly DWC drivers, no doubt about that.

One of them, Phil Woodward, would be in the top 5 drivers at iRacing, of that I'm sure. He is (well was last time I looked) the GPL rank leader and hold multiple world records and is an absolute alien at nKPro as well.

I'm pretty sure a few of the LFS guys would be right up there as well.

The fact is a lot of these guys simply cant be bothered to spend hundreds of pounds getting to the Pro Series/DWC. Others, especially the netKar guys simply don't find iRacing to be realistic enough, and it's missing a lot of features that netKar has, so it's considered a step backwards.

Hopefully a decent transmission model and a much improved tire model will be enough to tempt a few in/back.
Do you/they really consider nKP's "tire model" to be practically better than iRacing's current compromise ridden empirical model? That seems a bit of a stretch. Features I could understand...
Quote from AlienT. :Everyone breaks eventually Dustin, welcome along to iRacing

You need to have a shot in the Radical for serious fun. Send me a pm and I'll lend you my account for a bit so you can try any car on any track you like. Only testing mind as you are a known wrecker :P

I actually do own the Radical, and a few tracks.. Mostly what I need to do is develop my licence (only class D right now) so I can enter some better events. and slowly develop a portfolio of content.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Do you/they really consider nKP's "tire model" to be practically better than iRacing's current compromise ridden empirical model?

Neither are anywhere near perfect, but i absolutely believe the behaviour and feel of netKar's current tire model to be way ahead of iRacings, which still displays extremely strange behaviour when driving on the limit.
Well this time around there are a bunch of LFS'ers in the Pro Series who I think will make the DWC.

Jesse Nieminen, Hugo Luis, Vincent Staal, Danny Engels and Marcio Campos. Then there are many iRacers who didn't race the first Pro Series, but probably will be in the DWC; and several are good enough IMO to challenge Greger with enough practice (don't forget practice is huge, Greger practices everyday with the focus on one event only), such as Jeffrey Rietveld, Klaus Kivekas, Max Dell'orco, Luca Masier, Aleksi Aloma and Matthias Egger.

I also hope to make the DWC myself. I'm glad I didn't this time around actually since I'm not comfortable in the Dallara, it's too unpredictable I find, and requires me to learn a new way of driving, limited by front end grip. I think if when we see someone challenge Greger this year, it will probably be either Luke Mclean (has much better race than qual pace), or Richard Towler.
I'm hooked, again!

Done a few this afternoon on the short track ovals and a couple road races mostly ending in disaster.

Just bought the Skippy, Brands and Sebring - time to have some fun!

I even got recognised as an LFS driver in one of the pontiac races.
Quote from mcintyrej :I even got recognised as an LFS driver in one of the pontiac races.

Did the guy who recognised you quickly leave the server?
Quote from zeugnimod :Did the guy who recognised you quickly leave the server?

No but he watched me skid off violently into the wall at turn 1.

Just finished my first skippy race and got 3rd despite a couple of spins, well chuffed! My SR isn't chuffed though, -62! LOL.
Quote from mcintyrej :No but he watched me skid off violently into the wall at turn 1.

Ah. I guess he just wanted to make sure that it REALLY was you.
We need to race, Jack!
I preordered the mustang and mid-ohio. i'll resubscribe for a year in a few days i guess. I have been wanting the mustang for a while now, so I hope it doesn't disappoint
Quote from R34GTR :We need to race, Jack!

We sure do! What content do you have? I'm limited to all the starter stuff + this and next week's skippy series.
I have the Mazda, the Falcon and Jetta car wise. As for tracks, I have Road Atlanta, Brands, Infineon and New Hampshire

I'm usually in the Solstice though, can't wait until Tuesday when it's back at Laguna. Though I will probably also running the Falcon there to work on my MPR
Quote from R34GTR :I have the Mazda, the Falcon and Jetta car wise. As for tracks, I have Road Atlanta, Brands, Infineon and New Hampshire

I'm usually in the Solstice though, can't wait until Tuesday when it's back at Laguna. Though I will probably also running the Falcon there to work on my MPR

Laguna is one of my faves on iR so we'll get some good races going. Hit me up on MSN or whatever when you want to!
Might meet ya there again

BTW sorry about one race we had, I think it was Spec Racer at Laguna.. had some connection issues... it kinda lagged on the start and then suddenly GREEN GREEN GREEN, so obviously half a grid passed me and then someone spun while I was in outside -> f*cked car. Then I was pissed and I think I bumped you a bit Jack (wasn't for a reason, just didn't pay attention correctly or smth), at least if I recall correctly. Sorry anyways.

Thinking of to get Jetta or Skip Barber or both, but probably only Skip Barber .

EDIT: Well, or I might get both . Also found out that with all those tracks needed for the rest of Skip Barber's and Jetta's season there are not many more ROAD tracks left which is useful.

And not mention I have the Dallara and Indy which are completely useless for me right now since I can't drive them :|.
Quote from Drift King CZ :Might meet ya there again

BTW sorry about one race we had, I think it was Spec Racer at Laguna.. had some connection issues... it kinda lagged on the start and then suddenly GREEN GREEN GREEN, so obviously half a grid passed me and then someone spun while I was in outside -> f*cked car. Then I was pissed and I think I bumped you a bit Jack (wasn't for a reason, just didn't pay attention correctly or smth), at least if I recall correctly. Sorry anyways.

Thinking of to get Jetta or Skip Barber or both, but probably only Skip Barber .

EDIT: Well, or I might get both . Also found out that with all those tracks needed for the rest of Skip Barber's and Jetta's season there are not many more ROAD tracks left which is useful.

And not mention I have the Dallara and Indy which are completely useless for me right now since I can't drive them :|.

Hehe I'm not sure it was me you hit - I don't think I've had an accident that wasn't my fault yet. My road rating is terrible - I'm like 1.2 safety rating, however my oval rating is almost 4 and my rating is 2.1k.
Quote from mcintyrej :Hehe I'm not sure it was me you hit - I don't think I've had an accident that wasn't my fault yet. My road rating is terrible - I'm like 1.2 safety rating, however my oval rating is almost 4 and my rating is 2.1k.

Proof (if ever there was any needed) that oval racing is easier than road racing....

That's me opened a bigger can of worms than any other hot topic at the moment...including that car whose name should never be mentioned!!!!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG