The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I could have gotten top 3 if I was old enough to compete.... And because he isn't really an open wheel guy, and he could have gotten top 5, just shows how good he is in the cars he likes
Quote from racer hero :I could have gotten top 3 if I was old enough to compete.... And because he isn't really an open wheel guy, and he could have gotten top 5, just shows how good he is in the cars he likes

Pity you couldn't go Ken. You'd have done well...
Yeh I could run low 19s on race fuel..
Fan-flippin-tastic.
AAAAAAAAAA TSUKUBA

Can't wait to run that with the mazda

And Suzuka with the williams
Nice to hear about Suzuka, anyone know whats next in the pipeline?
Quote from anttt69 :Nice to hear about Suzuka, anyone know whats next in the pipeline?

You means after the Japanese tracks, or next to be released? That's Dover I think... then Spa.
Yes Dover is next and should be out soon...
Attached images
iracing_dover_3.jpg
guys

I've been away for years. Yesterday, bored, I played a bit of LFS and the racing bug woke up. But the game is a bit, dead. Nothing like the awesome years up to 2008.

What do I need to know about iRacing?

cars are paid?
tracks are paid?
races are scheduled?
points system to enter races?
Can I do hotlaps offline?

thanks
Quote from spyshagg :guys

I've been away for years. Yesterday, bored, I played a bit of LFS and the racing bug woke up. But the game is a bit, dead. Nothing like the awesome years up to 2008.

What do I need to know about iRacing?

cars are paid?
tracks are paid?
races are scheduled?
points system to enter races?
Can I do hotlaps offline?

thanks

You pay a subscription, either 1 month, 3 months or 1 year, 2 years etc...
Included in this you get some cars and some tracks for the 'Rookie' Series.
Additional cars/tracks you need to buy.

Races are scheduled, you can check the current season here.

The licenses are determined by safety rating, not points for finishes (this is iRating).

You can practice offline using any content you own, even if you are not licensed to use it in official series. There are also Time Trials for each official series, online practice sessions, and qualifying sessions.
thanks

yikes. I'm the kind of person who wants the full package (car tracks) and just randomly drive. It seems it would be VERY EXPENSIVE to do this with iracing.

Thanks anyways.
spyshagg I think going for all the cars and tracks might be too much. You have to consider that iRacing has after 2 years of beeing available about 20 cars and 50 tracks already or in the making. So in a couple of years when we get to 50 cars and 200 tracks it will be too much for one to enjoy them all anyway. You will want to pick you favorite cars.

Enter this Promotion Code to get 3 months for the price of 1 month: PR-JrRide

Your from Portugal so it is 12$ = €9,20 for 3 months with 3 cars and 8 tracks (15 track configurations)

€9 for 3 months I think its a great deal.
it might be but if you wait a month you will get the mx5 thrown in for free so that is an even better deal . (january brings another free track & so on..... )
The Mazda MX-5 will be for free anyway regardless of if he gets iRacing now or next month
Oh man, 3 months for the price of 1 if I renew. Surely I would be mad not to?
Quote from R34GTR :Oh man, 3 months for the price of 1 if I renew. Surely I would be mad not to?

Only for new accounts.
He probably got sent an email to rejoin today like I did, although ironically I rejoined for a month yesterday. Thankfully the code still worked so I've ended up with 4 months for the price of 2!
Anyone fancy a LFS drivers meeting in iracing?

Someone buy a hosted session, would be fun
I do, but I'm not buying :P
Quote from MijnWraak :Only for new accounts.

I have account already, but i got this renewal promo code too, so it's obviously for everyone.
Anyone have any comments about the new F1 video they released? The sound seems good, and it shows the cars getting a bit out of shape and recovering just fine. Should be a real beast.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Anyone have any comments about the new F1 video they released? The sound seems good, and it shows the cars getting a bit out of shape and recovering just fine. Should be a real beast.

They released another after the previous one with real life sounds?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG