The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from anttt69 :Thats the thing i have no times to compare against. So I dont even know if im fast or just average?

A very fast time is around 2:10.xx
Thats not possible, surely? Who drives 2.10?
yep im already keeping tabs on that, 2.12.8 quickest pace so far.
Just signed up to the month's free trial (although I very muich doubt I'll carry on paying for it once that runs out) and it's so, so hard, but so, so awesome. I'm currently trying to get round enough laps staying on the grey bit to feel confident enough to venture online.

Needs more european tin-tops though, it seems way too centred towards oval geeks.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Just signed up to the month's free trial (although I very muich doubt I'll carry on paying for it once that runs out) and it's so, so hard, but so, so awesome. I'm currently trying to get round enough laps staying on the grey bit to feel confident enough to venture online.

Needs more european tin-tops though, it seems way too centred towards oval geeks.

Oval racing is incredibly stupid until you find yourself in the driver's seat in a late model race at a short track side by side with cars behind you pushing you all the way. It gets pretty crazy.

The jetta makes for very good racing. Very much looking forward to the mustang, ford gt, and the corvette though.
have to agree with spanks about ovals. i dont like the cars due to the weight compared to single seaters and i hate the claustriphobic nature of the short ovals but i can understand why people love them. certainly i love the mazda on an oval and am really looking forward to the indy cars.

going slightly off topic, i wish lfs could gain a couple of different ovals, just so epople could have the chance to experience the differing natures of oval racing on different tracks, the current oval just lends itself to the "all they do is go flat out and turn left" argument a bit too easily, something similar to any 2 from milwaukee, bristol, lowes or phoenix would show the differnt natures of ovals
Quote from tinvek :going slightly off topic, i wish lfs could gain a couple of different ovals, just so epople could have the chance to experience the differing natures of oval racing on different tracks, the current oval just lends itself to the "all they do is go flat out and turn left" argument a bit too easily, something similar to any 2 from milwaukee, bristol, lowes or phoenix would show the differnt natures of ovals

While it seems that Scavier don't really have a clue about ovals (let's face it, KY is probably the worst oval to be had), it seems iRacing equally has no idea about road races... Brake lights and yellows shouldn't have taken a year to implement, and plain stupid ideas like a "furled black flag" that still are in the sim are evidence that somebody didn't think road racing through AND didn't make the effort to research RL rules to see how a specific situation would be handled in a real series...
Quote from bbman : Brake lights and yellows shouldn't have taken a year to implement, and plain stupid ideas like a "furled black flag" that still are in the sim are evidence that somebody didn't think road racing through AND didn't make the effort to research RL rules to see how a specific situation would be handled in a real series...

Brake lights were there before the service even went public. Road course yellows were introduced five months after going public. But yeah, the furled black flag is stupid. They have researched real life rules, though, as a few sections of the sporting code are pretty much taken verbatim from the FIA rule book.
Quote from tinvek :bristol

One of the few Ovals I've actually had a decent sim-race on (in rFactor). It's ridiculous there, it looks more like a bicycle velodrome than somewhere to race 170mph cars
Quote from John Henry :
So much time has been spent in trying to get Hosted iRacing to work for everyone, that I know some of our members are concerned about our primary focus -- our official series.

If there is one thing I am sure of, it is that our primary focus will always be our official series.

All other racing in iRacing is unofficial.

As many of you know, I am determined to promote the World Cup of iRacing around the globe. The Pro Series is great. The iRacing World Driver's Championships are going to be tremendously exciting. But all of those are completely secondary to our overall focus -- 'round-the-clock, official Rookie Class, D Class, C Class, B Class and A Class racing series.

Every post that opines differently is simply inaccurate. The official series have been our focus and they will remain our focus.

Every post that opines that the sky is falling - whether it is about membership, revenues, the number of drivers - is simply inaccurate. Factually, we continue to grow all aspects of what we are doing.

People have been predicting our demise for various speculative reasons since before we opened to the public. As I've said many times over the past five years, people will be saying this for at least the first ten years we are in business. I think they will always say it.

We love what we are doing and while we will not be able to keep everyone happy all of the time and while we will not move as quickly in each direction as many would like for us to (understandably), we will, however, be absolutely relentless - sparing no expense - in providing the most accurate simulation in racing.

Our official series, the Safety Ratings and iRatings provide the backbone of our service. It is our mission to improve and expand all of that as we grow.

I know many of you have invested countless hours and a lot of money in iRacing. We respect and appreciate that more than you can know. We share something that we all have an extraordinary passion for. I feel very lucky to be in the position of addressing you from time to time and appreciate you taking the time to listen and to comment.

John

Just thought I'd share. It was a nice note from the man himself.
I've got one of those Radical free trial thingies; even have contacted iRacing and have things set up on that end, just need to register my account - but that was months ago. I never did register fully on account of me not having a credit card. Is it too late to get this trial still, or if I register now and use the code will it still be available?

I still really want to give this sim a go, especially if it will have a proper, accurate Mosport.
Quote from MAGGOT :I've got one of those Radical free trial thingies; even have contacted iRacing and have things set up on that end, just need to register my account - but that was months ago. I never did register fully on account of me not having a credit card. Is it too late to get this trial still, or if I register now and use the code will it still be available?

I still really want to give this sim a go, especially if it will have a proper, accurate Mosport.

It's worth a shot, I think If you haven't used the code It should still work for a Month.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Yeah, it accepted my PayPal no problem.
Quote from MAGGOT :

How much of a go do you want to give it? You can get 1 month trial for free or for $25 they do a 3 month deal which is pretty good.

If you take the one month & end up wanting more then its gona cost you.
There is a 3 month @ $25 & even the 6 month inc Lotus for $60 .

The choice is yours, just make sure you know how the service works & plan ahead.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
...Because harder categorically means more realistic right?

:rolleyes:
So do you think that iRacing is more realistic than NkPro, BBT? I am not trying to fuel a flame war by the way, it's a genuine question.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote :New subscribers only!

Check it out here:
http://www.facebook.com/note.p ... d=128241125479&ref=mf

Basics:
1 month free + SB2000 + VIR + basic content

OR

1 month free + Late Model + Martinsville + basic content

Even if you've already tried the demo you can sign up as a new subscriber.
Good of them to throw in a blast in the Skippy, & for free, you cant go wrong.
Nice site

It all looks like LFS... lfsworld - iracingworld, now lfsnews - iracingnews
Jetta @ VIR is tons of fun. I got really lucky in qualifying and set a time of 2:13.7xx. It's hard to maintain that pace though; my tyres are burning after two thirds of the race.
Just bought the Star Mazda an hour ago, down to only .6 off the fastest qualifying time this week. Going to do my first race in 30 minutes.
Quote from racer hero :Just bought the Star Mazda an hour ago, down to only .6 off the fastest qualifying time this week. Going to do my first race in 30 minutes.

What times are you running? Have fun, its a great car.

Towler has the WR at 1:18.260 last season with the same physics. He was flyin!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG