The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from tinvek :SRF in my experience does overheat it's tyres with a lot of the setups, especially if it's being slid a lot. i use what options there are to dial out as much of the lift off oversteer as possible.

Yup I went for a test session yesterday and played a bit with tyre pressures, as soon as I noticed the RR was well above 100 degrees.

It looks like the default set is really underinflated with the middle section being the coldest part on all four. However most tyre advice out there is for radials and AFAICT the SRF should be running on bias ply instead. That surely affects camber adjustments but how does it work for pressure?

Plus, the behavior became much more amicable with higher pressures, curbstones are less likely to upset it.

Quote from tinvek :also iracing does take inot account were the fuel tank is situatated in relation to the car's centre of gravity and any effetcs differing levels have on the COG and polar intertia

I wouldn't have expected any less, what bugs me is the "magic" fuel tank, in test sessions I can easily do 20 laps without a need for a refuel, but at the start of a race, even discounting cold tyres, the car still feels heavier/more clumsy to me.

It's fine with me if they don't want newbs to run out of fuel halfway through a race, but then add an option to handle fuel level like any other sim out there
Quote from NightShift :I was referring to another post of yours I glanced at, where you called new drivers (from the free 1 month offer) 'retards', I can't agree with that: everyone's started as a newb after all and deserve the benefit of doubt. OTOH I think of some Pros... not by any stretch of imagination they can be regarded as newbs yet they play tricks in the lower series, you can be sure I wouldn't mind if you called those retards.

Again, you have miss-read my post. I was not referring to the 1 month free people all being retards. I was referring to a minority of people who have got the 1 month free and are treating it like public servers in LFS. Running you off the road etc on purpose. They will most likely not renew and will not care about their stats. Those people are idiots.

Quote from NightShift : Anyway, as you pointed out it's not uncommon for misunderstandings to pop up on internet boards. I have acknowledged publicly my mistake, so let's just forget about this and start with a clean slate ...if you want?

Yes indeed
Urghh.. Just had the worst, and the best race in the V8 so far.. Started on pole and stupidly tried to change ARBS going into T2 and came off.. dropped to 18th.. Battled my way back up to 3rd and then got taken out by a back-marker, dropped to 4th. Then with huge damage I tried desperatly to take back 3rd.. We were side by side across the line and I just missed out
It was a great race though, everyone was really clean and I enjoyed coming through the field
http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =2154738&custid=44325

Quote from Rudagar :Anyone been practicing the V8 at Watkins Glen for tomorrow onwards? It's a fantastic combo. Best it 1.53.2 with optimal 1.52.8. Just cant seem to string a good lap together. Seb, I've been reading how much you're loving the V8 , you doing Watkins Glen?

I've not done any testing there yet, but I've got the track and I can't wait to try it out (I know I can now, but I'll wait 'till tomorrow) Should I be seeing you on track?
I'll be running the V8 @ the glen for sure .
Haven't run a race in weeks, but might have to hop on some time this week for the V8 at Watkins Glen.
Quote from anttt69 :I'll be running the V8 @ the glen for sure .

You'll have to tell me your name so I know if I'm racing with you:rolleyes:
Yea you'll be seeing me hopefully . We can be an LFS tagteam and bully our way past people ha. Though you'll be too quick for me i suspect.
Well i'm the only Ant in the England club. Are you Seb of Celtic or Sebastian?

Oh a bit of news from the forum: The MX5 will be released mid/end of season 3 as will the F1. Fuji coming in 2011.
I think that will be September ish.
Quote from anttt69 :Well i'm the only Ant in the England club. Are you Seb of Celtic or Sebastian?

Oh a bit of news from the forum: The MX5 will be released mid/end of season 3 as will the F1. Fuji coming in 2011.
I think that will be September ish.

Sebastian of Celtic

First I've used trading paints for anything. Pretty spiffy once I removed the author's signatures and stuff
You stole Gittin's car and took it for a dorifto. Nice
Unlucky last night Seb , just misjudged the braking point when you pulled alongside me? I'm loving the V8 around the Glen, such and awesome combo. So many corners you have to gradually put down the power or you'll spin. How Luke Mclean managed a 1.50.xxx I'll never know.
Quote from Rudagar :Unlucky last night Seb , just misjudged the braking point when you pulled alongside me? I'm loving the V8 around the Glen, such and awesome combo. So many corners you have to gradually put down the power or you'll spin. How Luke Mclean managed a 1.50.xxx I'll never know.

To make it worse I didn't even misjudge my braking point by much at all
I didn't want to do anything silly so I made sure I spotted my point and I then hit the brakes and my rears totally locked up and I got a big tank slapper on.. There was nothing I could do from there on.. I felt so awful that I took Josep out Even more so that the racing we were having before that was so good.
Who from here is going to give the Lotus at Silverstone a go a week on Saturday?
I would do if had Silverstone.
edit: nice picture spanks, i was pleasantly surprised at how good iR looks at full graphics.
Is there any possibility for me to get free month promo code?
I would be very glad if i get one
Quote from The Moose :I would if I had the Lotus

I know its a bit costly, for one event but I do think the Lotus is one of those one off cars like the Skip and the Radical... Different enough to the general cars to be worth it......

I reckon you'd love it Stu!
i'll probably be doing the lotus @ silverstone aswell
Quote from StableX :Who from here is going to give the Lotus at Silverstone a go a week on Saturday?

Thinking about it, been doing a couple laps and I'm hitting rough laps around 1:28.xxx, might set up a server this weekend for practise with other cars...I learn better when there are other cars on the tracks with me.

Turns out I was doing the full tack, completly forgetting it is the Historic track.....oops
Quote from anttt69 :I would do if had Silverstone.
edit: nice picture spanks, i was pleasantly surprised at how good iR looks at full graphics.

Thanks. I can run close to these graphics while racing, but not quite.

They made it so you can have different graphic settings during replays than when you're racing. These are max.

The main problem I still have with the graphics is that when you get to a big angle or large distance from the car, even on max settings, the texture goes super low res. As soon as you look at it square or get closer its nice and sharp.
That could be the AF settings in your drivers - might want to bump that up to 8 or 16x.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG