The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from obsolum :Did you at least get a response from iRacing? An explanation why they didn't think the driver in question should not be penalised?

I got a generic "we will not be following up this protest" email.

EDIT:- Just to add a bit of balance... It's VERY rare that I've even felt the need to protest someone. The standard of driving has generally been very good. In the top splits I've never have any trouble when starting near the front. Cant comment on what it's like at the back of the grid mind you. I often see a lot of DNF's in the race results, usually ending on lap 1, so first lap madness is obviously still alive and kicking.

Mazda drivers are the most aggressive in my experience. I'm avoiding that series.
Quote from The Moose :..yet they will put someone on probation for using the word "Idiot" ? There's the perfect example of why the system isn't worth the paper it written on.

I want to see idiotic driving punished, not the use of the words "idiot" or "moron" (You have to be extremely petty to report someone for calling you an idiot)

I don`t wanna se the word idiot or moron on servers...no doubt about that. I don`t wanna see iRacing beeing like LFS, rFactor server wise. I have been pushed off but I would never ever call a competitor for an idiot or moron. I will get on with my race, watch the replay an decide what to do. If he did it by a mistake (all in my cases did it by a mistake) then there was nothing gained by protesting him..

In the "idiot" case he never ever acted like that again..so it helped...

It`s adults on the servers I guess - and in my world then we acts like adults on the servers....not like spoiled kids..If you have an issue with a driver, take that in PM`s afterwards....not on the server...
Quote from The Moose :I got a generic "we will not be following up this protest" email.

EDIT:- Just to add a bit of balance... It's VERY rare that I've even felt the need to protest someone. The standard of driving has generally been very good. In the top splits I've never have any trouble when starting near the front. Cant comment on what it's like at the back of the grid mind you. I often see a lot of DNF's in the race results, usually ending on lap 1, so first lap madness is obviously still alive and kicking.

Mazda drivers are the most aggressive in my experience. I'm avoiding that series.

In the past, some of the guys who handled that stuff (Nim?) would be in the voice chatrooms, but now i never see any people in there. People used to discuss stuff like that...
Anyone has an idea whether/how tyre wear is modeled in iRacing?

I had two SRF races yesterday, in the second half the car would start acting unpredictably, taking some corner where I usually have no trouble controlling the car even if it gets a tad unstable, it just goes astray and I can't bring it back for the life of me.

This could be driver fatigue, but usually in nKP it doesn't feel like this, the sim gives me plenty feedback and I adjust my driving without even thinking, so no troubles ending races. BTW I'm using the default set (which looks a bit too stiffly to me at times)
Quote from NightShift :Anyone has an idea whether/how tyre wear is modeled in iRacing?

I had two SRF races yesterday, in the second half the car would start acting unpredictably, taking some corner where I usually have no trouble controlling the car even if it gets a tad unstable, it just goes astray and I can't bring it back for the life of me.

This could be driver fatigue, but usually in nKP it doesn't feel like this, the sim gives me plenty feedback and I adjust my driving without even thinking, so no troubles ending races. BTW I'm using the default set (which looks a bit too stiffly to me at times)

Tyre wear in the V8 is huge, after 20/32 laps I often find myself 1 - 2 seconds off what I did on lap 3/5 .. You need to make your set so that its suitable for end of race conditions.. as well as the start I don't think you can change anything on the SRF though.. So you might just have to tough it out and learn how to drive at that stage in the race
Quote from Seb66 :So you might just have to tough it out and learn how to drive at that stage in the race

If you think this topic is here so you can play the internets **** and look cool with your pals, you can go back hiding under the same rock as you have been for the past two years - that's how much I have been reading and posting in this thread without having the pleasure of skipping your <cough> valuable contributions to it.

Implying others can't drive and calling people names? save yourself some finger work: we have enough of your type posting around here already, nobody will ever notice the difference.
Because you posting that isn't being the prick that you're calling Seb? Come back when you can read and have a clue about what people are saying. Maybe because you think you're some kind of intellectual on this forum you can start acting like that, no, have a rethink and see that he's either referring to the live arb settings in the V8 or to the lack of setups options the SRF has in comparison.
Quote from NightShift :If you think this topic is here so you can play the internets **** and look cool with your pals, you can go back hiding under the same rock as you have been for the past two years - that's how much I have been reading and posting in this thread without having the pleasure of skipping your <cough> valuable contributions to it.

Implying others can't drive and calling people names? save yourself some finger work: we have enough of your type posting around here already, nobody will ever notice the difference.

Mr Shift, I think you'll find you've read what he's saying wrongly...... He means well and has just said that with the Spec Racer and the few setup changes you CAN make, you'll just have to stick with it at the end of races and try to do your best

GROUP HUG!
I don't know about comparisons between the SRF and V8 (don't have it and not planning to get it), but the general tone and that last smilie were pretty clear in my view. Though, if I have been too quick to jump to conclusions, I have no problem to offer my apologies to Seb66.

Anyway, this thing may look a little like those sets in LFS which pretty much shoot out of the track as soon as they are bottoming, but I don't have an issue keeping it in the first 10-15 laps, so I would still think it's something that has to do with tyres?

Quote from boothy :Maybe because you think you're some kind of intellectual on this forum you can start acting like that

Whoa isn't that a bit of a low blow?
Quote from StableX :He is really young guys... He means well...........

I agree, I'm pretty sure that the young chap hasn't a bad bone in his body. Fair play to the young man, for a 14 yr old he is a very very good racer.
Quote from NightShift :If you think this topic is here so you can play the internets **** and look cool with your pals, you can go back hiding under the same rock as you have been for the past two years - that's how much I have been reading and posting in this thread without having the pleasure of skipping your <cough> valuable contributions to it.

All I was doing was being polite and offering my ideas of how to get around driving the car. I've only raced the SRF once a while ago and didn't know if the setup was limited or not. I wasn't simply telling you to 'Learn how to drive because your shit' I was trying to say that you need to learn the feel of the car of that stage in the race.

Please, point out a few posts when I have tried to look cool in-front of my 'pals' and called you, or anyone else names. I do not make arguments on here for the fun of it. I'm very new to iRacing, and I take pride when I get good results and want to share that with people on here. Do you have a problem with that?

As for my valuable contributions you can clearly see I was trying to help you, as well as posting the two sets for the V8 further up the thread.

Quote from NightShift :I don't know about comparisons between the SRF and V8 (don't have it and not planning to get it), but the general tone and that last smilie were pretty clear in my view. Though, if I have been too quick to jump to conclusions, I have no problem to offer my apologies to Seb66.

All I was trying to say is that the V8's tyres go off badly, and I'm guessing this was also the experience you had driving the SRF, as for the general tone, I didn't realise that sarcasm could be heard through the internet. The smily was there just to be friendly. I wasn't trying to offend you in anyway.

You've clearly stated with many facts what you think of me anyway. What good is your apology?
Sit Doooown....
Seb, tell me please, how do you change arb in V8 during the stint on the setup you've posted earlier.
Tell 'em Seb!
How come no one is talking about the mustang?

Its fun.

It is the perfect lime rock car.
SRF in my experience does overheat it's tyres with a lot of the setups, especially if it's being slid a lot. i use what options there are to dial out as much of the lift off oversteer as possible.

also iracing does take inot account were the fuel tank is situatated in relation to the car's centre of gravity and any effetcs differing levels have on the COG and polar intertia etc so some cars do change their handling quite a bit as fuel runs down. the problem with the SRF of course is that since there is no fuel fill option, you can't try it with differing fuel levels unless you just pound around to burn it off
Seb, you damn ****! Showing your true self again?

Signed

A pal

PS: You look cooool.

Quote from spanks :How come no one is talking about the mustang?

Its fun.

It is the perfect lime rock car.

Her is my Mustang from sunday evening..blown engine with 1 1/4 lap left and I was in third place at Mid-Ohio..
Great car and great track..
Attached images
Mustang_Blow.JPG
Quote from Makao :Seb, tell me please, how do you change arb in V8 during the stint on the setup you've posted earlier.

Press F8, and then its like LFS really! You can bind your arrows the on keyboard to scroll through the settings and change the brake bias and front and rear arbs
Quote from richard dk :Her is my Mustang from sunday evening..blown engine with 1 1/4 lap left and I was in third place at Mid-Ohio..
Great car and great track..

I had a 25 lap race last night in the Mustang at Infinion Cup. Blew my engine on the last lap! Brilliant circuit and config for the Mustang. Went from 31st to 8th
Quote from StableX :I had a 25 lap race last night in the Mustang at Infinion Cup. Blew my engine on the last lap! Brilliant circuit and config for the Mustang. Went from 31st to 8th

Nice result
Is it easy to blow your engine in that car?
Quote from Seb66 :
Is it easy to blow your engine in that car?

I didn't think so. I just went from 4th to 3rd but I might have been close to the top of the rev's...... was quite a tough 25 lap race though.
Quote from StableX :I had a 25 lap race last night in the Mustang at Infinion Cup. Blew my engine on the last lap! Brilliant circuit and config for the Mustang. Went from 31st to 8th

Hehe..too many revs...

I love the Mustang...
Anyone been practicing the V8 at Watkins Glen for tomorrow onwards? It's a fantastic combo. Best it 1.53.2 with optimal 1.52.8. Just cant seem to string a good lap together. Seb, I've been reading how much you're loving the V8 , you doing Watkins Glen?
Quote from Seb66 :called you, or anyone else names.

I was referring to another post of yours I glanced at, where you called new drivers (from the free 1 month offer) 'retards', I can't agree with that: everyone's started as a newb after all and deserve the benefit of doubt. OTOH I think of some Pros... not by any stretch of imagination they can be regarded as newbs yet they play tricks in the lower series, you can be sure I wouldn't mind if you called those retards.

Quote from Seb66 :You've clearly stated with many facts what you think of me anyway. What good is your apology?

My post started with an 'if' (if you think...) and had a question mark, it's hardly a death sentence. Anyway, as you pointed out it's not uncommon for misunderstandings to pop up on internet boards. I have acknowledged publicly my mistake, so let's just forget about this and start with a clean slate ...if you want?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG