The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
He is really young guys... He means well...........
Quote from Seb66 :Get it then

Need to get money first then tracks, then extend subscription, then get C licence... Much stuff to do
Nice 3id V8SC skin in their TV show.
Quote from PMD9409 :Nice 3id V8SC skin in their TV show.

and a peak at a night race track in the background
-
(Seb66) DELETED by Seb66
Quote from anttt69 :damn you seb, lend me your setup. Your fastest lap in that race is quicker than my quali time! Nice win.
edit: looks like Caddell ate all the pies.

Cheers My fastest lap is a 19.7.. opt of a 19.4
Jason Lovett made the set I used for Qually and I modified the ride hight and roll bars to make it more race friendly.. It still seems fast enough though.. Make sure you change the arbs through the race and watch out for the qually set, because its so tail happy
I'll post the original set and the modified one.. I'm sure he wont mind me posing them

V3= Qual (although you can use this for race as well)
V4= Race
Attached files
V3&V4.rar - 2.7 KB - 196 views
Just had my first race with another member of this forum, a Mr McIntyre. We took turns avoiding some Russian guy and his repeated efforts to dick everyone over.

Also I got in his way by being a total novice, but give me a break it's only my 3rd race.
Quote from Seb66 :Cheers My fastest lap is a 19.7.. opt of a 19.4
Jason Lovett made the set I used for Qually and I modified the ride hight and roll bars to make it more race friendly.. It still seems fast enough though.. Make sure you change the arbs through the race and watch out for the qually set, because its so tail happy
I'll post the original set and the modified one.. I'm sure he wont mind me posing them

V3= Qual (although you can use this for race as well)
V4= Race

pleased to be of assistance
Quote from ChiliFan :Just had my first race with another member of this forum, a Mr McIntyre. We took turns avoiding some Russian guy and his repeated efforts to dick everyone over.

Also I got in his way by being a total novice, but give me a break it's only my 3rd race.

You were going fast enough - couldn't keep up at some points.

I knew I recognised your name somewhere - so I gave you some sympathy unlike that Russian loonatic that I spent most of the race calling a "maniac" every time he pushed me off the track or swerved violently to block me after he made a mistake.

If it weren't for the SR system and me needing all I can get at the moment - he would have been off into the wall early on I'm afraid.

Just had a pretty good qualifying session!

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =2146642&custid=28690
Quote from mcintyrej :If it weren't for the SR system and me needing all I can get at the moment - he would have been off into the wall early on I'm afraid.

Just had a pretty good qualifying session!

If you did that you could end up in trouble..
If the guy did something against you, you should protest him according to the Sporting Code (you have read it?)...because then you would help others so when they (us) met him next time he would drive in a prober way..There is no revenge in iRacing..We have the Sporting Code..

If I saw someone call another driver "maniac" on the server no matter what he did, I would protest him..

you can find the rules here:

http://membersmedia.iracing.co ... g_Code_v2010.06.09.01.pdf
Quote from richard dk :
If the guy did something against you, you should protest him according to the Sporting Code

The Sporting code isn't worth the PDF it's written on.

Protesting people for obvious breaches in the sporting code is a complete waste of time.

iRacing are simply not interested in punishing anything but stuff like driving the wrong way and extreme abusive language.

It's the one thing I really dislike...they haven't got the balls to punish bad drivers and stupidity because they don't want to piss off paying customers.
Quote from The Moose :The Sporting code isn't worth the PDF it's written on.

Protesting people for obvious breaches in the sporting code is a complete waste of time.

iRacing are simply not interested in punishing anything but stuff like driving the wrong way and extreme abusive language.

It's the one thing I really dislike...they haven't got the balls to punish bad drivers and stupidity because they don't want to piss off paying customers.

concur
Quote from richard dk :If you did that you could end up in trouble..
If the guy did something against you, you should protest him according to the Sporting Code (you have read it?)...because then you would help others so when they (us) met him next time he would drive in a prober way..There is no revenge in iRacing..We have the Sporting Code..

If I saw someone call another driver "maniac" on the server no matter what he did, I would protest him..

you can find the rules here:

http://membersmedia.iracing.co ... g_Code_v2010.06.09.01.pdf

I wouldn't have thought the word "Maniac" would at all be a suprise to the reviewing admins watching the replay.

I'd get a run going 15-20mph faster than this guy out of a turn and he'd swerve me across the whole track onto the grass and then swerve back over onto the line for the corner - when I finally did pass him it was coming out of the last turn after he out braked himself - he even drove sideways into my car to try and ram me into the wall.
Quote from mcintyrej :I wouldn't have thought the word "Maniac" would at all be a suprise to the reviewing admins watching the replay.

I'd get a run going 15-20mph faster than this guy out of a turn and he'd swerve me across the whole track onto the grass and then swerve back over onto the line for the corner - when I finally did pass him it was coming out of the last turn after he out braked himself - he even drove sideways into my car to try and ram me into the wall.

I hope this isn't going to be a new trend. Up until now most of the racing in iRacing has always been fairly clean - more so than most pickup racing in other sims - which probably has a lot to do with the nature of their pricing model and rating system, keeping the "kids" and less serious simracers out. However, with all their promotions of late one might wonder if there maybe is an influx of those kind of racers giving iRacing a try and bringing their bad behaviour with them. Just looking at this thread for the past couple of weeks it's very apparent that a good number of people who've held off on trying iRacing have now finally took the plunge with the Father's Day promotion. While this is no doubt a good thing to see I hope it doesn't degrade the overall racing standard in iRacing.

The vid posted a couple posts back of the "GPC Incidents" is downright appalling and such driving standards really have no place in a sim like iRacing, I find. And the guy you described seems to be just as bad, if not worse.
Quote from The Moose :The Sporting code isn't worth the PDF it's written on.

It works for sure. A danish guy called a guy an idiot on the server almost two years ago..he got a written warning and a 3 month probation suspension (spelled right?)..

Maybe you would not use the protest system..but I would and I have used it once and I got a PM from the guy iRacing has warned where he said sorry and he learned from it for sure...
Quote :Just looking at this thread for the past couple of weeks it's very apparent that a good number of people who've held off on trying iRacing have now finally took the plunge with the Father's Day promotion. While this is no doubt a good thing to see I hope it doesn't degrade the overall racing standard in iRacing.

Well I'm guessing all the retards that have joined recently are the people that have been given the month free from the fathers day promotion... Hopefully when It runs out and they don't renew, everything will return to its clean fashion
When I started iRacing, I did alot of solstice racing before I bought new content, and EVERY race I did was clean. Hope it changes back to that soon
Quote from PMD9409 :Nice 3id V8SC skin in their TV show.

Yeah, new TV show looks nice

Dave did a great job so far, see him in action from 10.55.
Quote from richard dk :
Maybe you would not use the protest system..but I would

Ohh, I've used it ... Last time was for a completely avoidable crash.
I included the replay, the chat afterwards and a copy of the PM the guy sent me that said he deliberately ran me off the road as he thought I was someone else that had cased him to crash earlier in the day.

(he apologised as it turned out i wasn't the person in question, but that PM was perfect evidence that it was a deliberate revenge wreck)

What did iRacing do? Nothing.

..yet they will put someone on probation for using the word "Idiot" ? There's the perfect example of why the system isn't worth the paper it written on.

I want to see idiotic driving punished, not the use of the words "idiot" or "moron" (You have to be extremely petty to report someone for calling you an idiot)
Did you at least get a response from iRacing? An explanation why they didn't think the driver in question should not be penalised?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG