The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Its official. i got iracing for 3 months and theyve F****ed my name up. So ive contacted them. atm im racing as my dad Grahame Ward.... because the payment was on his paypal.
Lol Wardy. I had the same stuff, my name was Elek Kerekes. They changed it pretty quickly, the next day I raced with my own name.
Quote from Kristi :Lol Wardy. I had the same stuff, my name was Elek Kerekes. They changed it pretty quickly, the next day I raced with my own name.

im having all sorts of hell with it tbh. i cant configure my wheel or hardware because i get a (cant connect to website thing )hopefully it will detect what i have :P
Quote from jwardy :Its official. i got iracing for 3 months and theyve F****ed my name up. So ive contacted them. atm im racing as my dad Grahame Ward.... because the payment was on his paypal.

LoL!!! Have fun.... will look out for you in the MX5
Quote from jwardy :Its official. i got iracing for 3 months and theyve F****ed my name up. So ive contacted them. atm im racing as my dad Grahame Ward.... because the payment was on his paypal.

They did that to me, I was Michele Hardwick for a while.... It suits me dont you think?
I've been racing as Mike Zoeller... My name is Will.

I guess they should be more specific about the name thing.
Quote from Rappa Z :I've been racing as Mike Zoeller... My name is Will.

I guess they should be more specific about the name thing.

Agreed. From what I've read on the forums, this is a very common problem. At least their customer service is very professional and usually deals with this kind of situations quickly. However this process isn't very user friendly, probably not everyone would think of contacting them in this kind of situation.
Some guy had the same name as me before I joined, he was a bit shit so just as well he's stopped playing - but now I have a "2" after my name
yeah i will have a 3 next to mine because i signed up for that free 1 month radical thing... twice :P should be changed by tomorrow. i seem addicted atm ive done 11 races today ,Nvidia cup :P
so after 1 day, i am a class D :P Is that good? :L
Use the MX-5 Roadster, it's faster. Ignore D class cars until next season, run the SRF and Solstice, as well as the MX-5 at Okayama, also do some Legends - plenty for you to race without buying anything. SR is how safe you are, iRating is how good you are basically. You start with 1300 iR so at least you've gone up
your right, it is faster Why am i playing this at 4 am
Has next seasons schedule been released yet? Or still to early?
yep once you get your head round it, it's fairly simple

if you want to get promoted, concentrate on SR and ignore IR

if you want to get in faster splits, concentrate on IR and ignore SR (unless it falls so low you get demoted)

mostly it's a mix of the two
Quote from anttt69 :me no understand ?

I think he wanted to point out that Oulton Park still hasn't been released, despite being announced more than 2 years ago.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I think he wanted to point out that Oulton Park still hasn't been released, despite being announced more than 2 years ago.

That said, they are (apparently) working on it now seeing as they couldn't get their scanning equipment into Brazil to scan Interlagos.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I think he wanted to point out that Oulton Park still hasn't been released, despite being announced more than 2 years ago.

That is disappointing for sure. Coupled with wasting there time on gimmicks like driver aids & racing line, iRacing is taking to long to improve the core sim.
They make a big thing over NTM but most people forget that only one man was working on it out of the 30 strong team (+ beta testers).
So the question has to be asked what the heck do the rest of them do?

They must have a list of improvements as long as my arm but all we get build after build is tiny little things here & there. To claim that driver swaps was a big complicated project was an absolute joke & that wasted time & money in Brazil shows how organised they are.
Quote from anttt69 :So the question has to be asked what the heck do the rest of them do?

Implement facebook-style chat

Quote from JackDaMaster :That said, they are (apparently) working on it now seeing as they couldn't get their scanning equipment into Brazil to scan Interlagos.

They said it was scanned when they came over and did Zolder. And surely if you have teams gallivanting across the world to scan things, you also have a team back at base working on the stuff you've scanned previously? They've released point clouds etc of Oulton but nothing more, seems like they haven't got very far...
Thinking about getting a Driving force gt so i can get back into this.
Quote from boothy :They've released point clouds etc of Oulton but nothing more, seems like they haven't got very far...

If you watch the segment of the new iRacing TV episode with the three Indycar drivers visiting iRacing, you can hear Steve Myers saying Greg Hill currently works on Oulton and that it will be the next track after Iowa and Suzuka...
Quote from bbman :If you watch the segment of the new iRacing TV episode with the three Indycar drivers visiting iRacing, you can hear Steve Myers saying Greg Hill currently works on Oulton and that it will be the next track after Iowa and Suzuka...

Good, has only taken 2 years. It's the Rockingham in many people's hearts.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG