The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from TV[cz] :On the other hand, isn't it sweet that people with attitude like yours are kept in lower licence ranks? SR system must work pretty well then (for others, that is) :-)

nah it´s not SR it´s just the business model where you feel ****ed over every time you buy some shit from the game and lack of interest in the game.. Buy Cars and tracks I don´t want just to level up? Pretty shitty lol.

Just get rid of the sr let the people race what ever car and track they want use the irating, qualification or what ever to decide who is racing against who.. No problem with that..
The SR works, if you can't even get out of Rookie, where it's hilariously easy to gain SR, you have no chance at higher levels unless you improve drastically.
lol so much dumb people, who said I can´t get out of the rookie series? I never said that, I just said there are massive mistakes in the system. To not see that you must be a real idiot.
Quote from DeKo :So, if you're so smart, how do you suggest a fault system? Humans constantly disagree about who caused an accident, so how do you expect a computer to do it?

So far there have only been suggestions of improvements to the system. So we are talking of low level simple things such as:

1. Scaling the points to the severity of impact/contact. i.e. a light tap only receives a 1x or 0x as light contact happens quite a lot at club level & is part & parcel of racing.
2. When someone looses control, drivers who end up hitting that person (due to someone else's error) do not receive negative SR. The system already knows when you have spun/left track/hit something, so its quite easy to implement.
3. If you loose control & then crash into someone you receive a double hit of neg SR, they dont take an SR hit.

You cant cheat the system because you will always sustain damage trying to do so.

Its not much, but it is the beginning of an intelligent SR system.

Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :The reason why the system punishes both drivers is because there is no way an automated system can fairly determine who is at fault.

It already does determine certain things that can be used to assign blame.
See above. It's not impossible. Just imagine the scope they would have if the system knew when you'd locked your brakes, the normal racing line, turn in points etc.

Quote :If you treat SR like that then it becomes clear why it is the way it is

Thats a big IF. Also this is not real life, it is a simulation. SR is supposed to be a measurement of how safe a driver YOU are, not of how lucky or unlucky you might be. I agree that over time it will balance itself out, but some racers wont stick around long enough for that to happen.
It's like making an excuse for something that can be solved/fixed/improved, then sitting back & letting s**t happen.
Quote from funRacer[83] :Oh sry I didn´t know that you are brain-damaged so you are not able to understand what you read. I am really sry for giving you such a hard time. Oh ok everything is fine if I get punished for someone crashing into me that is also perfectly fine everything is fine The Moose. Everything will be ok, little TheMoose.

Love your attitude. I can see we have a mature racer on our hands with you.

The fact is if you're stuck in rookies then the SR system is working just fine.

I look forward to never meeting you on track.

I get the feeling that iRacing just isn't the sim for you.
Quote from The Moose :Love your attitude. I can see we have a mature racer on our hands with you.

The fact is if you're stuck in rookies then the SR system is working just fine.

The problem is I a am mature, so childish talk don´t work on me.

Quote :I look forward to never meeting you on track.

I get the feeling that iRacing just isn't the sim for you.

well it´s not bad, I like the accurate and real tracks, and the gfx are a little bit better then LFS (at least the cars). But the business model is really bad. If I could level up without buying cars and tracks I don´t like I would have already leveld up. But now I am just unsure if it pays off. So could be that we never see eatch other in iRacing.

But even if we would see each other on the track I am insulting people that behave like idiots crash me or just repeat the same shit over and over again without even understanding that it doesn´t make sense what they write after reading what I have written. But on track I am a fair driver as long as you don´t crash me on purpose..
Quote from funRacer[83] :The problem is I a am mature, so childish talk don´t work on me.

well it´s not bad, I like the accurate and real tracks, and the gfx are a little bit better then LFS (at least the cars). But the business model is really bad. If I could level up without buying cars and tracks I don´t like I would have already leveld up. But now I am just unsure if it pays off. So could be that we never see eatch other in iRacing.

But even if we would see each other on the track I am insulting people that behave like idiots crash me or just repeat the same shit over and over again without even understanding that it doesn´t make sense what they write after reading what I have written. But on track I am a fair driver as long as you don´t crash me on purpose..

You can get to Class D without buying any cars, and you can get to class A by buying a Class C car and a Class A car and maybe 1 or 2 tracks. Not exactly very hard.
Quote from funRacer[83] :The problem is I a am mature, so childish talk don´t work on me.

Clearly.

The only childish talk in his recent conversation has been all yours.

What your name in iRacing? Lets see how clean a racer you really are...

Quote from DeKo :You can get to Class D without buying any cars, and you can get to class A by buying a Class C car and a Class A car and maybe 1 or 2 tracks. Not exactly very hard.

You're wasting your time mate He doesn't like the business model and he doesn't like the systems in use. iRacing isn't for him. End of story.

Usually i would encourage people to stick with it as it gets so much better, but with his attitude he wont last long.
Quote from DeKo :You can get to Class D without buying any cars, and you can get to class A by buying a Class C car and a Class A car and maybe 1 or 2 tracks. Not exactly very hard.

I have already D and I think I also needed to buy an D car so the system allows me to level up to C (needed two races in D), don´t I need a car for B to level up to A?

@The Moose

yeah sure I am going to post my real name on some forum so some troll can check if I am a good enough driver. Oh mate..
Quote from funRacer[83] :I have already D and I think I also needed to buy an D car so the system allows me to level up to C (needed two races in D), don´t I need a car for B to level up to A?

No. Try reading how it works before you start moaning about it.
Quote from funRacer[83] :
yeah sure I am going to post my real name on some forum so some troll can check if I am a good enough driver. Oh mate..

Nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide.

In my personal opinion, SR works fine just the way it is. Yes it can be frustrating sometimes if you get clattered into, but a decent driver shouldn't have to worry about SR. Even the world's best ever sim racer Dekojester doesn't have to worry about it!
Quote from DeKo :No. Try reading how it works before you start moaning about it.

well on the iRacing page was under MPR that I have to drive 2 class D races when I remember right. But if you have a Link to a full explanation you could post it so I will check it out..

@Wilko868

I kinda like to not post my personal informations on the internet. I know it may sound crazy to you but I also don´t put nude pictures of me on the internet.

I was surprised that iRacing just took my name from my billing info and put it as my racing name. Well I can´t change that but don´t see a reason to spread it any further..
Resources - Sporting Code.
My situation was that I wanted to drive against safe drivers but in class D cars. If you are a safe driver you can get a Class A license but then you are only protected from the unsafe drivers if you are willing to drive the cars that I don't like.
Splits are done by iRating, generally higher irating drivers are safer drivers. I've had plenty of good Late Model races by getting into the top split.
Quote from funRacer[83] :yeah sure I am going to post my real name on some forum so some troll can check if I am a good enough driver. Oh mate..

The fact that you're now accusing me of being a troll speaks volumes.
you've gone into full on defensive mode because you know full well your stats and race record will reveal the truth..

We've seen it a thousand times on the iRacing forums.

"Whinge, moan, SR is broken and unfair, blah ,blah ,blah" One check of the stats and race results reveals said whinger to be utterly inept.

oh, less of the "mate" thanks kid.
Quote from DeKo :No. Try reading how it works before you start moaning about it.

Quote from DeKo :Resources - Sporting Code.

well what 2 cars were you talking about one C and one A to level up to A from D.

Quote from The Moose :The fact that you're now accusing me of being a troll speaks volumes.
you've gone into full on defensive mode because you know full well your stats and race record will reveal the truth..

We've seen it a thousand times on the iRacing forums.

"Whinge, moan, SR is broken and unfair, blah ,blah ,blah" One check of the stats and race results reveals said whinger to be utterly inept.

oh, less of the "mate" thanks kid.

I already explained that to wilko and if you are not an idiot you should be able to understand it..

Quote from funRacer[83 :] I kinda like to not post my personal informations on the internet. I know it may sound crazy to you but I also don´t put nude pictures of me on the internet.

I was surprised that iRacing just took my name from my billing info and put it as my racing name. Well I can´t change that but don´t see a reason to spread it any further..

Calling you a troll wasn´t to insult you just to explain to you that you are for me just some guy on the internet with who I don´t want to share any personal information. I do realise that maybe in that part the people from uk with cams everywhere are a little bit different with privacy but well not everybody lives in the uk..
Seems like you are incapable of reading, so I'll explain it to you.

Start at Rookie, get up to SR 4.0 and you get promoted to Class D. Still driving the Rookie cars, get SR to 4.0 again, then drive 4 Class C races, which gets you promoted to class C. Get SR up to 4.0, get promoted to Class B. Get SR up to 4.0 again, drive 4 races in FW31, get A class license.
Quote from DeKo :Seems like you are incapable of reading, so I'll explain it to you.

I admire your persistence
I just checked my email for that promo code I could have given to someone, but I must have deleted it by accident

Yeah yeah, I'm just being after the referral lol

Thought about getting Skippy to drive Okayama, but I guess Rookie cars and some other series are gonna be driving a race there next season anyway?

Because I am still after a B car when I promote to B, so I can make the A rank.

And yes Boothy, I know I only have few tracks to race on anyway.
Ok so i read this article looking for a answer but didn't find it, but found this ridiculous sentence.

Quote :. If you find that other people are crashing you out all the time, you need to seriously think about whether you would drive the way you are driving if you were in a real car.

Basically what i want to find out is that if your driving along merely into turn 1, and someone rams you, spins you or in general screws you over, would YOU lose points or a rating thing? Sure it's a neat system, but it just doesn't seem all too smart considering that's how maybe 75% of crashes happen when a driver collides or forces a mistake on another.

Just want to find this out before i remotely give it a look when the update comes. I've raged too many times on insim servers where I've gotten wrecked and my rating goes down.
Your SR goes down, but not any massive amount, it more than evens out if you're a decent driver. In Rookie there are obviously more crashes, because it's rookie, and the goal is to not give a **** about results and simply concentrate on SR, as the standard of driving improves dramatically after you get out.

After that, obviously people crash, but as the races get longer it gets harder and harder to lose SR. You can do a 30 lap F1 race at Road America, getting 12 incs (3 seperate crashes) and still gain SR.

It's nowhere near as bad as some make out. Of course, it's a no fault system which has it's drawbacks, but it's not really a problem. Now I'm Class A I don't even think about SR, I don't crash obviously because I would be out of the race, but if I drop a couple of tyres off and get a few 1x penalties while I'm chasing someone down, then that's fine and more than worth it.
Once i get enough money for a year subscription and a driving force GT i will play!
I got annoyed with the SR system then i realized just to go to the back at the start and avoid the wrecks and not push the car for the win!
just forget him, he's so clueless i'm not even convinced he's actually got an iracing account. if he genuinely has then he seems to be grasping at any available excuse why he can't move up to higher class licences rather than consider it may actually be a lot to do with his own driving.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG