The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from popabawa :That's my blog you're quoting and in no way does it support the assertion that it's "been coming since June 2008".

Sorry about that, I was just googling a bit to back up something that I seemed to recall, prolly just misread 2009 for 2008. What I was sure about is I have been seeing people drooling on this car for a long time

Quote from popabawa : If you don't like iRacing fair enough but don't make things up eh?

I like iRacing as a sim, but there are some things for I won't subscribe to it. I sincerely hope they will get those things sorted out, but for the time being they will just have to do without me

If you want to know what, just read the last two pages of this discussion, everything has been summed up pretty well by people whose nicks won't make you run and scream "iRacing hater"
From the iRacing forums

Quote :from tony gardner (iracing)

No need to worry. We thought of you - customers who already renewed for a year because your anniversary date already went past. You will also receive code for $25 credit in an E-mail. About 250 people fall in that category. If you don't get e-mail by next week just contact customer service.

Remember any member can take advantage of this and add to their subscription by simply renewing early. It will just add the additional 12 months to your current subscription end date and you will get the usual $60 credit plus the additional promo code for the $25 when we send those out.

Tony

So even if you have just signed up, you are still eligible (thank feck)
lol, i feel pressured into renewing now I'm gonna wait untill the 29th to renew maybe. My yearly subscription doesnt end until 29th of august. I havent even raced much hat all in iRacing for the past few months. Bleh...
I haven't raced an official session in months but I use the service a lottt.

I have a lot of things to spend money on...but I don't think I can go without iracing

Looks like I'll be doing mine soon too even though I have until August as well.

At least this time when I have $85 of credits they won't be gone instantly lol.
I'm gonna try the 90$ subscription today, what are the cost of cars and tracks?
Quote from Scrabby :I'm gonna try the 90$ subscription today, what are the cost of cars and tracks?

Around 20$-25$, however you will have enough content to complete in the rookie races for the next couple of weeks, so I would not buy anything in case you feel iRacing is not for you.

And if/when it comes to buyng content, I would only buy content if I'm racing in that series.
Quote from Scrabby :I'm gonna try the 90$ subscription today, what are the cost of cars and tracks?

remember that if you buy 3 items you get 10% discount and if you buy 6 items you get 20% discount...... makes quite a difference, especially on the yearly subscription where you currently get $85 in vouchers to spend.....
Ok, but i'm gonna try it first for 6 months
Zandvoort is coming early next year!
Quote from atledreier :Zandvoort is coming early next year!

Curse you.....was just going to post that, anyway heres the post from the iRacing forum.

Quote :Circuit Park Zandvoort to Be First European Track in iRacing: Joins UK’s Silverstone, Brands Hatch & Oulton Park as Initial Additions Outside North America

BEDFORD, MA (July 6, 2009) – Most visitors to seaside sand dunes are there to swim and lounge on the beach; in the Netherlands, hard on the North Sea, they come to Circuit Park Zandvoort to race cars. Under the terms of an agreement jointly announced today by Exploitatie Circuit Park Zandvoort B.V. and iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC, drivers from all over the world will be able to experience the challenge of this classic European road-racing facility and compete with each other in organized races there just by logging onto the iRacing motorsport simulation service over the internet.

“The last Dutch Grand Prix was held in 1985, but as the host to 30 editions of the race, Zandvoort has more than its share of history,” said Divina Galica, iRacing’s director of partner relations. “We’re very pleased to be able to make the latest version of this great racing facility – now home to DTM, Formula 3 and many club events – available to iRacing’s membership. Last month we initiated the expansion of our track offerings beyond our base in North America with the addition in the UK of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park to Silverstone, which is already available to iRacing members. Circuit Park Zandvoort, the site of so much motorsport history, is a particularly appropriate first European track. Our members from all over the world will enjoy racing there.”

The list of winners of the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort reads like a Who’s Who of the first four decades of Formula One, beginning with Alberto Ascari in the first World Championship event in 1952, and including Juan Manuel Fangio, Stirling Moss, Jackie Stewart, Jochen Rindt, Graham Hill, Jack Brabham, Jacky Ickx, Niki Lauda, James Hunt, Mario Andretti, Alan Jones and Nelson Piquet. But Zandvoort’s greatest master was Jim Clark, winner four times in the five races held from 1963 through 1967.

“In addition to our many fans, who will now be able through iRacing to have the fun of racing on the circuit themselves in the virtual world, we have real-world racers come from all over Europe and the UK to compete at Circuit Park Zandvoort” said Bart de Snaijer, Circuit Park Zandvoort’s marketing manager. “With our partnership with iRacing and their creation of a millimeter-accurate virtual version of the facility, now drivers who are making their first visit will be able to learn our very challenging track before they arrive for the race meet. And everyone will have the chance to get up to speed before the weekend begins.”

de Snaijer noted that while Tarzan, the 180-degree hairpin at the end of the start/finish straight, is the best-known of the dozen named corners on the 2.672-mile track, Scheivlak is the most challenging, and the turn that newcomers will profit most from by pre-race practice in the iRacing service.

“Scheivlak – there is no English word for it – is famous for its high speeds, changes in elevation and the fact that it’s a blind corner”, de Snaijer said. “Drivers either fear or love it. In a fast car a driver approaches the turn at a speed of 260 km/h (160 mph) and can’t even see the start of the turn until they are right on top of it because the track elevation changes. They enter the turn with a speed of 220 km/h (135 mph). The track drops about 10 meters (33 feet) in height and for three quarters of the way through the corner, they can’t see the exit. A driver can only understand the true rush of this turn when he or she has experienced it, whether in the physical world or in the virtual one.”

Circuit Park Zandvoort is the fifth major configuration of the track since it opened in 1948. While no more than a quarter of the original layout is part of today’s modern track, what all iterations have had in common is a combination of dauntingly fast sweeping corners and tight slow corners that demand technical perfection. Circuit Park Zandvoort is expected to join the iRacing track inventory early next year.

Quote from Scrabby :Ok, but i'm gonna try it first for 6 months

I hope you remember to add an LFS friend as a referral.
I did but not you

Well I'm iRaced now!
Gonna drive for an hour then my first NR2003 league race and then iRace again
So... anyone feeling generous here to buy me a few months?!

If you do, I'll stop posting my Mac evangelism stuff. :hide:

Quote from dawesdust_12 :So... anyone feeling generous here to buy me a few months?!

If you do, I'll stop posting my Mac evangelism stuff. :hide:

As tempting as that sounds, I enjoy a laugh by reading the Mac comments.
i've licensed myself the Skip Barber en de prototype thing, now get my iRating up to level
I accidently PIT manouvred someone on Laguna Seca is the Solstice. The scottsman went mental
Not my fault he doesn't left room for me

iRating: 2.83
Quote from Scrabby :I accidently PIT manouvred someone on Laguna Seca is the Solstice. The scottsman went mental
Not my fault he doesn't left room for me

iRating: 2.83

ROFL!!!! 2.83 SR.... get it to 3.0+ within the next 3 weeks in oval and Road licenses and you'll be lookig at a D license!
Ye, i'll have 3.0 tonight. Just got it from yesterday. But yesterday i took quite a spins and offtracks
My fastest on Laguna in the solstice is a low 1:50
Quote from Scrabby :Ye, i'll have 3.0 tonight. Just got it from yesterday. But yesterday i took quite a spins and offtracks

thats a good time! I've done 1.49 I think
Quote from Scrabby :Ye, i'll have 3.0 tonight. Just got it from yesterday. But yesterday i took quite a spins and offtracks

Same A 50.2 but I was going to get a high to mid 49 and ruined it at that long left hander after the corkscrew heh. I might be able to beat it today heh.
Ye, sometimes i get that corner very fast and sometimes i just hit the dirt
I just cant take it twice the same way. Either I get some massive understeer, or sometimes I just don't randomly O_O
Quote from Shotglass : i genuinely get the feeling that eric is the only guy currently working in sim racing texturing who either works with a monitor calibrated reasonably close to srgb or isnt slightly colourblind

I feel same, LFS is only game I have played where colors are very precise.

But rF/nkPro/iR are not that horrible, take a look at GTA IV :vomit:
Quote from dawesdust_12 : If you do, I'll stop posting my Mac evangelism stuff.

Don't lie, that's impossible.

Quote from evilpimp :I just cant take it twice the same way. Either I get some massive understeer, or sometimes I just don't randomly O_O

try to take the whole curb (without the red I'ill-make-you-endup-in-the-grind curb), that helps for me
Quote from evilpimp :Same A 50.2 but I was going to get a high to mid 49 and ruined it at that long left hander after the corkscrew heh. I might be able to beat it today heh.

My best so far is a 1.47.8xx.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG