The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I subscribed to iRacing today...for 3 months. I did 3 races with rather good results for me. Won my very first race and did two 2nd places in the NViDiA MX5 cup. By the way, I'm looking for a club to begin with I hope to get recruited somewhere.
Quote from PMD9409 :Would have also been nice if they could make it to where there is different classes per car. So say you are C class, then you could only drive the GT2, B = GT1, A = LMP2. Simple, yet effective IMO.

Of course it only takes a week to get to A thanks to the silly fast track thing. I wish it would go back to how it was, or atleast every 4 weeks instead of 12.

yeah, totally....
Quote from StableX :yeah, totally....

Right. I know.

Example.

No idea what your problem is with me. Just PM me if I bother you that much.
Can't see what's wrong with that TBH. What's the difference between doing 30 races in a week and 30 races in a season?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Can't see what's wrong with that TBH. What's the difference between doing 30 races in a week and 30 races in a season?

too right... I was talking the series choices.... you go for it Yann!
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Can't see what's wrong with that TBH. What's the difference between doing 30 races in a week and 30 races in a season?

None, you two have blew over the point completely. How this came from the LMS licensing I have no idea. Andy made a sarcastic remark to the fact you can't get to A in one week. I point him to you, Yann, as an example, and then a wall of defense is formed.

I was complimenting you if anything, but that still has no affect on the original point that was made about the LMS series.
Hmm, I thought you were critizing that fast track thingy. I'm a bit lost

Quote from PMD9409 :Of course it only takes a week to get to A thanks to the silly fast track thing. I wish it would go back to how it was, or atleast every 4 weeks instead of 12.

But I clearly agree on the LMS licensing thing anyway, I hope it's not gonna end up with 80% of the field taking the fastest car, like in the Grand-Am Series.
That was the point in the licensing suggestion. However I was making the point that thanks to the wonderful fast-track, you can have A in no time, so it wouldn't make THAT much of a difference.

I guess you can call that criticism, but that wasn't the point I was getting across. I'll take responsibility for your confusion.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :But I clearly agree on the LMS licensing thing anyway, I hope it's not gonna end up with 80% of the field taking the fastest car, like in the Grand-Am Series.

Problem with Grand-Am is that people moving up from D want to make that step up, probably having already done the Mustang in class D, so go for the DP. Then you have the fast guys obviously wanting the faster class glory. Also the DP used to be a class A and then B car, now class C, means some people aren't ready for it, so aren't too good with the multi-class thing. Then the slowness of the Mustang compared to the DP also adds to the chances of being raped by a DP, so it does put a lot of people off it

Hopefully (A)LMS being class B, and the cars being closer together will help, and the fact that the slowest car is new so people will want to try it.
Just extended for 3 months. Anyone wanna help me, a rookie, with some online racing?
Ran out of time oh well bring on 2.0 maybe ill come back then
Quote from Bose321 :Just extended for 3 months. Anyone wanna help me, a rookie, with some online racing?

Where do you need help.
Quote from baSh0r :Where do you need help.

Well, to be fair; I don't get a thing out of it, how just join a race with newbs like me preferably.
I would at first recommend you the User Guides by iRacing: http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/instruction.jsp Just read yourself in it and find out what you want to know, if you got open questions just ask here or take a view in the forums.

Be prepared that it takes some time until you get into the sim, took me some time too. Just - yeah - take your time
What do I have to do to get promoted from Rookie to Class D? I'm already to 3.51 rating.
you get instantly promoted when over 4.00 when you completed your MPR (4 races or 4 Time trials) or at 3.00+ when the 12-week season ends.
I will push until 4.00 then THx
Question about the FastTrack thing.

Is this the way it has always been, where once you get to 4.0 you can race up a license or do you actually move up a license (like it will actually change from C to B)?
Quote from Rappa Z :Question about the FastTrack thing.

Is this the way it has always been, where once you get to 4.0 you can race up a license or do you actually move up a license (like it will actually change from C to B)?

as soon as you reach 4.00 or more you will be promoted to next next higher license (If you have the Minimum participation requirements, 4TT's or 4 Races with a car of the respective license)
By respective licence you mean... If i'm a Rookie I have to do 4 races with Class D cars?
4 races in rookie to get into D, 4 races in D to get to C, 4.... You get the point.
Rookie MPR - 2 Races / Four Time Trials (Offical)

Rookie only has access to rookie cars. If you are class D racing in Rookie you are "Racing down."

Iracing is fun. ^-^
Quote from PMD9409 :4 races in rookie to get into D, 4 races in D to get to C, 4.... You get the point.

Well, I think I won't get higher than Class D then, because I would have to afford cars, which I can't Sad stuff.
Then just race the two rookie series and save up some money for the Skippy/couple of tracks. Master the SRF and it'll help you a lot.
Finally I'm class D
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG