The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I've lost all motivation for iRacing since rF 2 came.

See you in a few centuries!
Quote from Osco :Winrar! I've seen it before and forgot all about it. After some testing this has improved the feel by 140%. Thanks

May I ask what it is? Or if It's usable in LFS, because sometimes I have the same problem.
Contrary to LFS, I bumped the damper setting in the profiler all the way to 100% (LFS suggests 1% for damper and spring effect). Strength to 105% or something and then fiddle around in the iracing settings. Mainly the car lock-to-lock not matching my own wheel was annoying. It's not perfect yet, but I can drive the star mazda with more precision and feel. The miata cup and roadster need some more fiddling time.

Although there still is this violent shaking of the wheel when locking one or both front wheels, which is annoying. I've locked plenty of front wheels IRL, with the steering wheel staying completely stable. Numb even.
Quote from Dennis93 :I've lost all motivation for iRacing since rF 2 came.

See you in a few centuries!

Same for me too...
Quote from Osco :Contrary to LFS, I bumped the damper setting in the profiler all the way to 100% (LFS suggests 1% for damper and spring effect). Strength to 105% or something and then fiddle around in the iracing settings. Mainly the car lock-to-lock not matching my own wheel was annoying. It's not perfect yet, but I can drive the star mazda with more precision and feel. The miata cup and roadster need some more fiddling time.

Although there still is this violent shaking of the wheel when locking one or both front wheels, which is annoying. I've locked plenty of front wheels IRL, with the steering wheel staying completely stable. Numb even.

Apparently the vibrating under braking in the MX5 is the ABS cutting in. I don't mind it anyway, makes it easier to realise I'm locking a wheel.
Just if anyone's interested to watch, there will be a 2.4hr SSCA race today and It will be streamed. I think race start is 10:30pm GMT.

Quote :Distance: 2.4 Hours (143 Mins)
Date: January 21st
Race Starts: 2:30 PM Pacific Standard Time (-8 GMT)
Server Opens: 1:30 PM Pacific Standard Time (-8 GMT)
Sanctioning Body: Simulated Sport Car Association (SSCA)
Live Race Officials: SSCA Officials
Live Web Cast By: Glacier TV http://glaciertv.com/

just signed up for a 1 month free trial at indy car nation
Did you refer anyone?
my friend
That's good, I like to see $15 being given to someone for free
just wish it wasnt so much money. but if i like it that much might purchase it. Depends
Quote from boothy :That's good, I like to see $15 being given to someone for free

Referrals only work for 3 months or more of paid time sadly.
Omg this is the worst racing I've ever seen in my life. I'll stick with LFS.
... Don't be one of those guys who jumps into their first rookie race, sees some bad racing and says "OMG this is the worst racing I've ever seen in my life".

Get your D license and have a few races. The worst you'll see is in Rookie, and it's hit and miss at the best of times.

iRacing isn't the best sim anymore (and never really was in terms of tires), but I'd be surprised if you don't find good quality racing there. That's one thing you can't knock compared to anything else ATM.
yer telling me. holy shiz lol
Haha, spectated MK#3 just now, that was some funny shit - the leader spun coming to the second pace lap and took half the field out :ices_rofl

The best part is, if you finish low down in the field you lose iRating, so that in the next race you'll be with even more shit drivers
yea that was me... lol
won a race anyways. pwned dem nubs after ray almost took me out twice.
Quote from boothy :Haha, spectated MK#3 just now, that was some funny shit - the leader spun coming to the second pace lap and took half the field out :ices_rofl

The best part is, if you finish low down in the field you lose iRating, so that in the next race you'll be with even more shit drivers

You should see my driving then. Mwaahahahahha. I'm good if there aren't any DA's next to me.
Patch won't be out till the 30th. Lame. I was hoping for NTM Star Mazda for the world cup.
Would be good if the Club world cup rating system wasn't bollocks, Celtic are the smallest club and make the least points because of that, instead of it being balanced like it used to be.
no update notes, no schedule and looks as though the update isn't coming until next monday. :gnasher:
Quote from Jshort :no update notes, no schedule and looks as though the update isn't coming until next monday. :gnasher:

Have they ever released a single update on time? In fact, have they ever released an update which isn't an absolute letdown? So many promises and no follow through at all.
I thought the surprise feature that was in last patch (do not need to own all cars to be able to run in a multiclass series) was pretty nice addon.

Imho there is room for complaints but not everything they do is a letdown...
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG