The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Next season for one car? I thought that I read:

"August 2011

New Tire Model for all cars."

I think he meant the part of Tony's mail to a member that maybe they would release the NTM for a road car some time during the season... I think that plan is scrapped already, he later posted only there was no NTM road car coming with this build, without mentioning any mid-season releases...
i am gonna try to wait till next month to resubscribe. nice to see okayama will be with the base package.
Quote :due to a service error on amazons ec2 servers, iracing.com, inracingnews, and iracing tv are currently down and will be back online once service is restored.

$1.65 = £1
Those night shots look sweeet. Still a long way from complete tho. Missing glowing brake disks, backfires, external light sources/moon etc.)
Visibility in the C6R looks scary.
Member site and forums are working fine.
Quote from anttt69 :$1.65 = £1
Those night shots look sweeet. Still a long way from complete tho. Missing glowing brake disks, backfires, external light sources/moon etc.)

ya, although the C6R has yellow lights IRL, they should have made it white so the sim racers can actually see.
Quote from anttt69 :$1.65 = £1

Sorry, I missed a screenshot .
Attached images
iracing_night_sebring_2.jpg
Quote from StableX :hahaha!

Hi Andy. :-)

In reality the new tyre model probably won't affect me at all. I don't drive quickly enough to damage them.

I'm probably more intrigued by the changes to hosting. It sounds like you might be able to hire a slot of time and do whatever you want within that slot, including multiple races.

I'm probably reading too much into things though. That *and* a price cut seems a bit too generous. This is, after all, iRacing we're talking about, and while I still admire their core code hugely, I don't think my skepticism about the service wrapped round it and the number of folk employed in non-programming roles is going away any time soon. :-)

Andrew McP
Just a quick question, what cars and classes or grades. Provide the best racing?? Open Wheel, Oval, Road. K go :P

On a side note i hope they include the track Sandown at somes stage so i can be flying down the straight thinking this is where i crashed xD
The racing is very competitive in all classes/types.
I've never been big on oval racing, but surprisingly it (superspeedway/large oval) is fun in iRacing since it's so populated.

Only Aussie track as so far is Phillip Island. They have scanned Oran park,
but haven't got a plan when it will be released.
Well you haven't done a race yet, so I suggest you do some Legends and MX-5 races (especially with Okayama coming out very soon) to try out both oval and road, and then once you get your SR to Rookie 3.0 you can use the Street Stock, Solstice and also the Spec Racer Ford all without spending any money.

You should also check out the series overview for road and oval in the reference section, but for road the Skippy is a must tbh as the most used non-rookie car, and also the fact it's good trainer car. After that it's a case of whatever you want to do.
"It looks like as of now it will be next week before we release the new Nationwide car with the new tire model."

Posted by Steve Myers of iRacing. I don't really care either way so I just had to laugh when I read this, iRacing just loves missing target release dates.
New build!
Tuesday, 26-APR-2011
EST(-4) GMT AEST(+10)
0500 0900 1900 No New Hosted Sessions
0900 1300 2300 Service Down
1300 1700 0300 Service Up
What are some good tracks and cars to purchase?

I got my D-license and I am interested in buying three cars/tracks. I haven't got Skip Barber and I heard it's a must-have. So what else should i get?
Quote from baSh0r :New build!
Tuesday, 26-APR-2011
EST(-4) GMT AEST(+10)

... has been changed to

New build!

Wednesday, 27-APR-2011 GMT

EST(-4) GMT AEST(+10)

All times are subject to change.

EDIT - Moved from Tuesday to Wednesday
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :What are some good tracks and cars to purchase?

I got my D-license and I am interested in buying three cars/tracks. I haven't got Skip Barber and I heard it's a must-have. So what else should i get?

Get whatever tracks are running next season for the car you intend to drive

Mid Ohio, Spa and Zandvoort are the three pay tracks running in the first 6 weeks of the skippy season
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :What are some good tracks and cars to purchase?

Skip Barber is the most popular non-Rookie series, so it's a must have tbh, you always get a race and it's good for learning. Tracks, well Zandvoort is used twice, and Watkins Glen and Spa are used in most road schedules - all are great tracks imo.
Nationwide car with the New Tyre Model isn't coming out until next Monday at the earliest. Great. Ah well, Sebring night is going to keep me occupied anyway.
Needs some more tintops (and by this I mean ones that can also turn right ).

The Jetta is currently the only car that I'd consider buying.
Quote from DeKo :Nationwide car with the New Tyre Model isn't coming out until next Monday at the earliest. Great. Ah well, Sebring night is going to keep me occupied anyway.

how do u race at Sebring in the night? just bought it and cant really figure it out
duh. You don't - not released yet.
haha, fail. i got confused reading this post

Quote from DeKo :Nationwide car with the New Tyre Model isn't coming out until next Monday at the earliest. Great. Ah well, Sebring night is going to keep me occupied anyway.

This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG