The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Right, Just ordered the trial for like £3 with all updates
This better be good
Quote from anttt69 :Anyone running the trucks @ Charlotte this week? I thought i'd give it a go before my sub expires, despite not being a fan of oval it really is quite good.

I feel another addiction coming on .

I'm running the Impala B there. This kind of track can be boring to watch on TV some times but the speed and close racing really is a ton of fun when you're actually driving.

Have you not done ovals much? To me the trucks are a big step up from Rookie/Class D oval stuff.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Right, Just ordered the trial for like £3 with all updates
This better be good

What do you mean by saying with all updates?
Ah ignore me, its just the 4 cars and a few tracks, Anyone know how to change view in game?
Quote from UncleBenny :
Have you not done ovals much? To me the trucks are a big step up from Rookie/Class D oval stuff.

Sure is a big step but its so much better, sobo with the legend is a nightmare. Cant believe you guys race on that in RL. I ran a 31 flat last night & looking to finish my first race tonight.
+ dodged my first wreck ! ,that was very satisfying. I let out a loud yesss! as i ducked under the mess, but it wasnt to be as my set got loose after 20 & i lost it going through the tri oval. .rpy up on ir forum
Quote from Jordan2007 :Anyone know how to change view in game?

It's supposed to be a serious rasesim. I reckon you're confined to cockpitview, as it should be. Just like nKp. None of that arcade shit that LFS has.
Quote from obsolum :It's supposed to be a serious rasesim. I reckon you're confined to cockpitview, as it should be. Just like nKp. None of that arcade shit that LFS has.

True, But they should atleast allow a chase cam, I'm testing out the damage, its annoying exiting and watching the replay after
I think they have a testing team for that. Just drive dude, The damage works fine.
Quote from Jordan2007 :True, But they should atleast allow a chase cam,

No, 'cause that's arcade nonsense
Just like to mention that nfinity eSports own Wyatt Gooden has made it through all the elimination processes, and been selected to take part in the real 2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Series, competing against 24 other drivers. Awesome job Wyatt!

http://www.facebook.com/photo. ... id=48224116084&ref=mf
Quote from anttt69 :Sure is a big step but its so much better, sobo with the legend is a nightmare. Cant believe you guys race on that in RL. I ran a 31 flat last night & looking to finish my first race tonight.
+ dodged my first wreck ! ,that was very satisfying. I let out a loud yesss! as i ducked under the mess, but it wasnt to be as my set got loose after 20 & i lost it going through the tri oval. .rpy up on ir forum

Yes, by big step up I meant more enjoyable as well. Yellow flags add a lot to the realism I feel, as well as pit stops, it was like the truck series was the first "real" oval racing in the ladder to me. Those tri-ovals are a pain at first but eventually you get the feel of it down and you'll laugh at yourself for ever spinning there. I hope the Legends don't turn too many people off from oval racing because it is nothing like the kind of racing you get once you move up the ladder.

I ran my first two DP races last week and they were extremely fun. I haven't done much road racing since I joined iRacing but I sure do miss it. I was literally shaking after I had followed the same guy for almost the entire races at Daytona and passed him on the last lap going into the bus stop, it was awesome analyzing exactly where I was faster than him and then nailing the move when it counted.
-
(Mackie The Staggie) DELETED by Mackie The Staggie
Quote from Jordan2007 :True, But they should atleast allow a chase cam, I'm testing out the damage

What's wrong with you? Just race the freakin car.

Quote from arco :Just like to mention that nfinity eSports own Wyatt Gooden has made it through all the elimination processes, and been selected to take part in the real 2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Series, competing against 24 other drivers. Awesome job Wyatt!

Wyatt's done an amazing job! Him and Nolan have been talking about that VW stuff, real cool to hear.

Also want to say that Nolan did his first DWC race Tuesday night, seems he got into the big one and finished pretty low at Daytona. It's ok though, he'll get him on the tracks you actually gotta drive.

Quote from UncleBenny :Yes, by big step up I meant more enjoyable as well. Yellow flags add a lot to the realism I feel, as well as pit stops, it was like the truck series was the first "real" oval racing in the ladder to me. Those tri-ovals are a pain at first but eventually you get the feel of it down and you'll laugh at yourself for ever spinning there. I hope the Legends don't turn too many people off from oval racing because it is nothing like the kind of racing you get once you move up the ladder.

I ran my first two DP races last week and they were extremely fun. I haven't done much road racing since I joined iRacing but I sure do miss it. I was literally shaking after I had followed the same guy for almost the entire races at Daytona and passed him on the last lap going into the bus stop, it was awesome analyzing exactly where I was faster than him and then nailing the move when it counted.

Can't agree more. As soon as I jumped out of the LM's after beta and into the trucks it was so much more gratifying to me. Now in the Cup cars all I hear is a bunch of whiners.

And yeah the DP racing at Daytona was great this season, hopefully it continues to the other tracks. I'm lookin' forward to it.
Quote from arco :Just like to mention that nfinity eSports own Wyatt Gooden has made it through all the elimination processes, and been selected to take part in the real 2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Series, competing against 24 other drivers. Awesome job Wyatt!

yeah awesome stuff from Wyatt, i've waiting years to finally see him with a good crack at the whip, well deserved IMO
and also Mr Nolan has been doing some marvels in the iracing scene so congrats to him also.
Just completed my second truck race where i ran in 2nd for most of the race. On lap 73 the rear got away from me & i just managed to save it but i lost time & ended up fourth. Quite pleased to have made it to the finish but it could have been so much better.

Gratz to Whyatt i reckon he's gona do good.
Attached images
epicsave.JPG
All this talk, the Daytona 500, and the fact that I have next week off from scholl has prompted me to finally send in for the free month trial from Radical. I doubt they're still doing it, but if they are, how long did it some of you guys to get it from them?

I know quite a few people used it at some point and I want them to send it soon as I'm craving anything at Limerock or some Legends racing.
Took like 2 days or something for me and they apologised for the wait.

It's well worth it though, saves you buying the radical later on which is an awesome car to drive, I drove it a little bit last week at Silverstone, so much fun, 4th gear drifts in T1....... <cream>
Quote from SilverArrows77 :

Cars fine, and short track racing is fine ... but i think i found that dark seedy corner that everywhere has, where all the unwashed and unwanted hangout. Nothing but trash talking, idiot driving fools everywhere i look in Late models.. in practice or races, it seems the same, and its the first time in iRacing that i have felt the need to disable ingame voice chat on several occasions. Dont think ill be spending much time in this car, and wishing i had now bought just another road series car like the VW or Skippy but this is the first downer ive had in an otherwise great time with iRacing!

I've never had a problem in the Late Model.

In fact it was my first No incident Season in iRacing. I had no incidents every LM session I was in.

Maybe you are racing at a bad time.
Wait till you do a superspeedway race!
Quote from Rappa Z :All this talk, the Daytona 500, and the fact that I have next week off from scholl has prompted me to finally send in for the free month trial from Radical. I doubt they're still doing it, but if they are, how long did it some of you guys to get it from them?

It still works, it's no longer for free though, you have to pay 5$ for that (which is nothing for what you get).
http://www.radicalsportscars.com/racing/virtual-racing

E: I'm working on my oval license now, i want to skip LM and go directly to Trucks, because i don't like those short tracks. Will racing in C series with D license fullfill my MPR or do i have to race in something D to move further up?
I love the Late Model and short tracks, must be a bit of a freak. Last night racing in Oxford (The Soup Bowl) started 12th and found myself in 3rd by the end of the race, most of the place made up by passing also.

As for the trucks, I'm hating Lowes at the moment. Haven't done a race as I'm unable to keep the damn truck on the grey stuff for a whole race length at the moment...pushing it too hard I think and I always get caught out on the bump into T1 after 40+ laps. However I will get by....somehow.
Well I've bit the bullet and got iRacing. Got a promo code off another forum I'm on, 3 months basic membership for $25. I'm assuming thats ok? Installing it now so hopefully be up and running shortly. I'm actually quite excited
Thanks I was wondering how I race against other people
Quote from SilverArrows77 :You really are playing the wrong sim if thats the most important things you need to post about it, and i can let you know now, you wont find any "NOS" cheats for it either...

OMG, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT

I'm happy doing hot-lapping for 30 minutes.. Then i get rather bored. Especially I'm by myself.

EDIT: Oops i've just suddenly wasted my money on 3 months of IRacing
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Hoping so, it really is first time ive felt disappointed with a class, but then we all have our bad moments/weeks in it i guess. Its not too bad with incidents, and infact slight better than Legends (maybe because it doesnt snap around easily like the legends can, which newcomers seem to get caught out by often in legends) but more its the attitude and stupid trash talk ive seen from guys racing/practicing them that gets under my skin..or maybe im just becoming a grumpy old man lol (more than likely) - is a fun car to drive though i must admit!

hey Mr Arrows77.... one thought with the Late Model you might not have considered. There's a fantastic private league in the Hosted Sessions called ORO that does the Late Model on road tracks. Superb bunch of people too and the racing is excellent. Doesn't have to be just the oval stuff

Quote from Rudagar :Thanks I was wondering how I race against other people

if you do have any questions to get you started that you feel a bit humph about asking, post here or feel free to PM me Sure we can help get you there
Quote from Jordan2007 :OMG, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT

I'm happy doing hot-lapping for 30 minutes.. Then i get rather bored. Especially I'm by myself.

EDIT: Oops i've just suddenly wasted my money on 3 months of IRacing

Maybe you could try a race?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG