The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Speaking of crashing, I crashed twice in that 5pm (EST) race and still finished third.... not sure how that happened. I also got two tires into the grass several times (without losing control) collecting another 10 incident points, woo. My safety rating is garbage - 2.47
Quote from thisnameistaken :First up: Is everybody driving the "Rookie" Solstice at Lime Rock? And if so, are you changing the setup at all? I can't get better than a 1:06.9 around there and the guys in my race last night were doing 1:04s. Is the "Other" Solstice a different car or do I just suck at this?

I'm racing on the default setup and managing to get low 1.05's and just got a 1.04.77.

It's just getting the lines right and testing your limits...
Quote from tristancliffe :I might even treat myself to the Formula Mazda and drive a proper car.

It's not that exciting, the Mazda TBH. I would recommend getting the Skippy for two reasons.

1. It's bloody brilliant fun to drive
2. It's the next car you will drive competitively after the Solstice anyway.

The Radical is the best car in the sim though , maybe give that a go instead.
Here's some piccies from me, this is how it looks on my comp (I did teh colors myself :tilt

If you see this car you have parked in wrong place

(Isn't she cute )
So you're the one with that flaming pink car...!?
LOL Hyperactive, me and you were racing earlier.

*Will post more in a sec, race starting* [now back]

Yeah Hyper, we were racing earlier and had a nice battle until the end. Coming to the white flag you put a massive block on me on the front straight, then we were bumper to bumper for the whole last lap, ended up with me sliding in last turn and you getting the easy 2nd. Good race none the less, except I was distracted by the crazy pink car .

Phillip Diaz here.
Attached images
iRacing rookie solstice.jpg
Quote from ajp71 :What names are people racing under? Would be nice if we could have a list of LFS forum users so we can be grouped to crash into each other

Jonathan J-a-n-i_s_c_h remove the dashes and underscores. I don't want my boss to google me and see that I play LFS 24/7 instead of working. I added you and Tristan as friends in the myRacing section. I have no idea how that works though.

Unlike Hyperactive, I have a more manly black and grey solstice although I guess driving a solstice in the first place isn't exactly manly.... This is with Class 6 graphics - which is pretty crappy.
Attached images
iracing.jpg
Yep, that's me. I kinda threatened to make a pink car when the color scheme system was being discussed at RSC. I think the colors simply work, I haven't seen any other pink cars so far I first thought about making totally silly colored car with neon green, pink and purple but it did look quite awful even for me

Hope it wasn't our PMD who was being blue flagged and didn't let me pass for two laps? (it wasn't prolly)
Done another oval race and I'm worryingly starting to enjoy oval racing a bit too much, races seem the right length (unlike the Solstice) and the car is much more fun to drive, if it wasn't so expensive I'd consider going oval racing in iRacing because it is refreshingly different.

What do I have to do to get to the advanced cars/up a license level? Is it just getting the safety rating thing to 5?

Quote from Hyperactive :I first thought about making totally silly colored car with neon green, pink and purple but it did look quite awful even for me

You also see quite a few of them about driven by Americans who think they're cool
Gotta say the background trees in T1 at LRP are probably my favorite graphical feature in iR so far.
@Hyper

You really tought I'd go anything else but pink?
But the pink in the color scheme sucks tbh, it's too barbie like, I wanted mine in bright!

yep, and I be driving under Joona Laurila, and my boss's can google me anytime, I'm glad to be 24/7 nolifer-simracer
Quote from Hyperactive :Yep, that's me. I kinda threatened to make a pink car when the color scheme system was being discussed at RSC. I think the colors simply work, I haven't seen any other pink cars so far I first thought about making totally silly colored car with neon green, pink and purple but it did look quite awful even for me

Hope it wasn't our PMD who was being blue flagged and didn't let me pass for two laps? (it wasn't prolly)

Might want to re-read my post (I edited it), and no I wasn't that crazy lapper .
I'm really starting to get addicted now to this game. Sure, the interface and (lack of) functionality suck, but everything else is awesome

It will be a shame that the next 4 week solstice cup will start at laguna seca because lime rock is really starting to feel like my home track now

Anyhow, off to my last race and tehn to bed
Anyone tried a legend at Lowes Infield Road Course......Bumpy as heck. either that or the default setting on it exgarettes everything.

I've been on and off it for the past 3 hours, have to say it's good..I'm I going to renew, I don't know yet. To early to make that descsion to be honest.
It doesn't look like 64 anymore...
Attached images
64.jpg
Quote from PMD9409 :LOL Hyperactive, me and you were racing earlier.

*Will post more in a sec, race starting* [now back]

Yeah Hyper, we were racing earlier and had a nice battle until the end. Coming to the white flag you put a massive block on me on the front straight, then we were bumper to bumper for the whole last lap, ended up with me sliding in last turn and you getting the easy 2nd. Good race none the less, except I was distracted by the crazy pink car .

Phillip Diaz here.

Oh, it was my first race. I screwed up the start and two cars got past me (or I kept my 3rd place, not so sure how it went). I drove behind you all the time trying to pass and iirc almost made it at one point but there was someone in T1 driving very slowly so I had to take quite wide line into T1. Few corners later I almost spun and you got away. Catched you little by little until saw you going off in T1. Was good racing

Quote from Jonesy_ :@Hyper

You really tought I'd go anything else but pink?
But the pink in the color scheme sucks tbh, it's too barbie like, I wanted mine in bright!

yep, and I be driving under Joona Laurila, and my boss's can google me anytime, I'm glad to be 24/7 nolifer-simracer

Damn, you have even pink helmets and all. A bit too much really
(evil barbie for the win!)
The friends thing seems to work, well at least I ended up in a race with another pink car

Unfortunately I'm having a bad day with controllers, following the sticking brake pedal my steering wheel decided to unscrew itself from its boss resulting in another early finish in the Solstice.
Quite frankly i'm starting to worry...

First we've got DW'yah being seduced by a load of trees. The Fins revealing they're all a bit partial to the colour pink. Tristan NOT hating it. Kev having a moment of honesty and revealing he actually sucks at all sims (except LFS). Mackie publically admitting he "likes it bumpy" . And perhaps the most distressing of all, young AJP admitting he's actually enjoying teh Oi-vals...

Sheesh guys what is this thing doing to you all Are we gonna have to put out a call for a priest and do a bit of exorcism or what ??

Jealous i can't join in, me ?, never. Just sucks knowing i ain't got no friends and therefore had no invite....

[Edit] Dustin doesn't count coz he was too weird for words to start with
Oh, and I like it enough to sell my body to pay for the monthly rate.
Quote from ajp71 :The friends thing seems to work, well at least I ended up in a race with another pink car

haha I was in that race with you. I thought your car was hyperactive

edit... and jonesy...
I'm just time trialing the rest of the night so it wasn't me
YEA!

I managed to get past you in the start, then I managed to get my rear past me the lap after!
Quote from Mazz4200 :Quite frankly i'm starting to worry...

First we've got DW'yah being seduced by a load of trees. The Fins revealing they're all a bit partial to the colour pink. Tristan NOT hating it. Kev having a moment of honesty and revealing he actually sucks at all sims (except LFS). Mackie publically admitting he "likes it bumpy" . And perhaps the most distressing of all, young AJP admitting he's actually enjoying teh Oi-vals...

This thing is seriously evil, having decided I wasn't going to stay up for the midnight Solstice race I'm now considering respraying my Legends car pink and going oval racing in it
Quote from StableX :I'm racing on the default setup and managing to get low 1.05's and just got a 1.04.77.

It's just getting the lines right and testing your limits...

There's no way you're faster than me. Changed my mind, this sim's clearly shit.

*practises furiously*
I knew I should have patented that pink paint... I think it's time for lime green!

Nah, teh pink color should be hyperactive-only.

(almost managed to get my timetrial time to 1.03.xx, just 0.07 shy of that :shy. All I need is to shave those few tenths and I'm 2nd on some tt ranking ink:
EDIT: Fastest 8 Lap Average: 01:03.952
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG