The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from OldBloke :My understanding is that the intial round of invites has now closed and that you need to register on the iRacing website to have a chance of being in the next round.

Quote :The first wave was mainly the people the beta testers invited. The second (coming within days) will be a more general list and will include people from the mailing list. The invitations come from iRacing.

-Tim Wheatley

Quote: http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=323043
Can someone post a screenshot of the Solstice interior, i'm curious how it looks compared to LFS cockpits
Thanks for the infos, i'm registered in the membership section now.
Lets hope they take me now..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Can someone post a screenshot of the Solstice interior, i'm curious how it looks compared to LFS cockpits

Here you go.
Attached images
sshot-4.jpg
Quote from Boris Lozac :Can someone post a screenshot of the Solstice interior, i'm curious how it looks compared to LFS cockpits

There you go, dynamic interior shadows really add to immersion if your computer can handle them. Shots taken at 1280x960 resolution.
The Solstice, while at first, most people tend to dislike, with time comes a lot more alive as you find the nuances of the car and how to push it's limitations. I've had some incredible races in tat car and the majority of people have overtaken or beeen overtaken in a very respectable manner.

I've never been an oval fan, though my experience is predominantly from LFS only. The Legend Advanced a real hoot and great fun on the shorter tracks. GIven the choice of the skippy or the late model to try next, I really can't choose as driving oval has been loads of fun in iRacing!

I think it's time LFS had a few oval tracks and a new NASCAR type car
Quote from StableX :I've never been an oval fan, though my experience is predominantly from LFS only. The Legend Advanced a real hoot and great fun on the shorter tracks. GIven the choice of the skippy or the late model to try next, I really can't choose as driving oval has been loads of fun in iRacing!

Same here, I've been one of those "Oval is for those who get lost easily"-guys before but I'm actually having far more fun racing Legends than Solstice. Considering I've never done any oval racing before, I'm doing pretty good aswell, just had my second win and I'm slowly learning how much strategy there actually is in so simple looking tracks.

Current South Boston PB: 18.096
Oval SR 4.96
Michael, if I can make one recommendation...

The Radical is actually a ton of fun at the Atlanta Motor Speedway infield course (roval).
Quote from Crommi :Quote:
The first wave was mainly the people the beta testers invited. The second (coming within days) will be a more general list and will include people from the mailing list. The invitations come from iRacing.
Tim Wheatley

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=323043

Hmmm, that was posted this morning. So hopefully by this weekend us unpleasant sorts who have no friends and therefore had no invite will be finding out what all you lot have been raving about these last few weeks.

And after reading all these quasi reviews I just hope it can live up to all the hype.

Still not convinced about teh Oi-vals though, just think you guys havn't been getting enough sleep recently.
Thanks Arco and Crommi... they look ok, nothing spectacular, it's probably better in motion with those shadows and stuff..
^^ Ermmm, should you really be saying stuff like that, with that Avatar

(Bollocks, that didn't quite work as well as intended....)
Quote from Shotglass :dont make me come to the lfs meet just for you

With that avatar, I am not going to encourage you to even be on the same landmass as me.
imagine how great it would be to have that avatar show up in your profile
... Shot, you grab his legs, Mazz, grab his arms... I shall unleash THE HOFF onto his profile...

:hide:
Quote from Mazz4200 :Still not convinced about teh Oi-vals though, just think you guys havn't been getting enough sleep recently.

You..have..no..idea.....25mins until next race... :hypnotize
I had a bad experience in my one oval race, so I've not tried again.

---- C & P of experience from iR forum -------

The 1 oval race I've done I had someone who was completely unaware of his surroundings, I attempted an pass, and got cut off (as I had happen several times prior, but I backed off). I need to learn how to drive at Laguna and get into the advanced cars.
Yeah I've tried the Legends cars on the ovals and just not found it entertaining enough. I'm sure if you get competitive and have some really close races it can be enjoyable, but it's just not my cup of tea. I got my Oval SR over 3.0 so I can advance to the next licence on oval but I don't think I'll go anywhere with it...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :... Shot, you grab his legs, Mazz, grab his arms... I shall unleash THE HOFF onto his profile...

:hide:

youre late as usual... its already in his profile... yay
Extra $15 in September if you buy for a full year between start of June 2008 and end of August 2008.
I see the subscription page has been updated. Well still waiting for invite or Promotional code or whatever it is. I got my debit card ready too.
This better be good.
Peeps who are still missing out, go check your mailbox.
Not seeing anything yet... arg.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG