The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I'm pretty sure it remains.
Well onto Laguna Seca this morning in the Rookie Solstice....First few laps were 1:55s but after a couple of hours practice I've broken into the high 1:49s. Now it's time to start thinking about good overtaking spots at Laguna Seca! I've driven it before but never actually raced here. I guess t2 is the obvious spot :P And on the approach to t5 maybe.
Quote from Jonesy_ :Anyone has any idea of the following:

When I don't continue my subscription after this initial month, does my account get deleted or does it remain stored and the ratings and such stay as they are if I choose to re subscribe at another time?

If you stop your subscription, all your stats, cars and tracks will remain until you come back.
Quote from Michael Denham :Well onto Laguna Seca this morning in the Rookie Solstice....First few laps were 1:55s but after a couple of hours practice I've broken into the high 1:49s. Now it's time to start thinking about good overtaking spots at Laguna Seca! I've driven it before but never actually raced here. I guess t2 is the obvious spot :P And on the approach to t5 maybe.

Put a move down the inside going into the corkscrew.....that'll work
I'm likely racing MD in this next race, I'll be sure when he's lapping me to block like a mo-fo.
My computer had locked up with red bands across it for the second time, not happy
Blackflag rule really needs some work, currently cutting the track gives you some sort of "half-black" that you need to clear off by stopping the car. Corkscrew on Laguna Seca seems to be really strict on enforcing this rule and situation where you have cars stopping on the road just after zero-visibility corner like that is just dangerous.
Quote from Crommi :Blackflag rule really needs some work, currently cutting the track gives you some sort of "half-black" that you need to clear off by stopping the car. Corkscrew on Laguna Seca seems to be really strict on enforcing this rule and situation where you have cars stopping on the road just after zero-visibility corner like that is just dangerous.

I just slow down untill it's cleared. I keep of the racing line, I don't see the need to stop.
yeah, I had that happen to me while I'm practicing to not be doing 3 minute laps around seca. I still hate it, the off track needs to be less sensitive. Classify off track as "4 wheels" not just 2 or 3.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :yeah, I had that happen to me while I'm practicing to not be doing 3 minute laps around seca. I still hate it, the off track needs to be less sensitive. Classify off track as "4 wheels" not just 2 or 3.

I always thought that 2 wheels off is not ever considered as off track... So iRacing shouldn't either
Quote from dawesdust_12 :yeah, I had that happen to me while I'm practicing to not be doing 3 minute laps around seca. I still hate it, the off track needs to be less sensitive. Classify off track as "4 wheels" not just 2 or 3.

Especially in qualifying it sucks because the lap you're on isn't legal anymore.
So we take to the streets and whine in their forums, not ours.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Put a move down the inside going into the corkscrew.....that'll work

Fabulous plan I will have to try that one next time.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm likely racing MD in this next race, I'll be sure when he's lapping me to block like a mo-fo.

Well, you would have tried to block me like a mo-fo when I came up to lap you, except you had just spun off and were busy recovering Just the sight of me in your rear view mirrors intimidated you into spinning. Muahahahaaaa!
Quote from Michael Denham :
Well, you would have tried to block me like a mo-fo when I came up to lap you, except you had just spun off and were busy recovering Just the sight of me in your rear view mirrors intimidated you into spinning. Muahahahaaaa!

I didn't want to wreck the guys you were racing with.

Alternate Excuse: You were warping too much, I couldn't find you.
Quote from Jonesy_ :58.186 was made by greger huttu on the skip barber's seasons first week, but I belive that wasn't with the latest build, but should give somekind of a guideline.

And get your msn on too f00!

I'm not going to use an alien time as a reference

But I managed to do 1:00.7 after maybe 10 laps of practice. Fantastic little car and the FF is just amazing!

The credits from the annual subscription are deffinitely going to tracks.
I've basically decided VIR, Silverstone and Skippy are my 3 purchases.

(and then after that: Infineon, Homestead-Miami (The road course layouts look... interesting) and the Radical)

Maybe buying the Radical before the Skippy.
6 purchases give you 20% disco. 3 give only 10%
Quote from ajp71 :My computer had locked up with red bands across it for the second time, not happy

Does this happen to you often?

It's video driver related and I have not found a fix yet.

It sure is a hell of a sim, the Skippy is sure a blast.

If only I could play the damn thing without getting what you describe above after 10 minutes or less.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :6 purchases give you 20% disco. 3 give only 10%

Yeah, except to make said purchases, I'd need "money", which I'm a bit short of as being unemployed

(or... <.< hmm, I could do that too :o)
With a bit of setup tweaking for the skippy I managed a 59.381 on lime rock. Best car I've ever driven in any sim so far.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Does this happen to you often?

It's video driver related and I have not found a fix yet.

It sure is a hell of a sim, the Skippy is sure a blast.

If only I could play the damn thing without getting what you describe above after 10 minutes or less.

Smth similar happens to me also when the PC is turned on for a long time, I start up any game, it plays for a few minutes and locks up with red bands (GeForce here, old GeForce did the same. Not ATI though).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So we take to the streets and whine in their forums, not ours.

Indeed, it is good to post complaints and improvement suggestions in the iRacing members Feedback forum aswell, the devs do post over there and are open for constructive criticism.

By the way the edge for the cutting corner rule is when you have more then half of the car off the track or off the curb. And you can clear the "slow down" penalty by slowing down for a second or two after a minute later aswell, if you cutted in the corkscrew you don't need to lift off immediately after the corner.
Quote from George Kuyumji :Indeed, it is good to post complaints and improvement suggestions in the iRacing members Feedback forum aswell, the devs do post over there and are open for constructive criticism.

By the way the edge for the cutting corner rule is when you have more then half of the car off the track or off the curb. And you can clear the "slow down" penalty by slowing down for a second or two after a minute later aswell, if you cutted in the corkscrew you don't need to lift off immediately after the corner.

So I could slow down in the slowest part of the track?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG