The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from J.B. :Name on the credit card? My full name isn't even on my credit card (too long) and the Umlauts are written with extra "e"s inserted.

So apart from the fact that I don't see a valid reason for displaying my real life identity publicly on the internet, the credit card name would look pretty ugly as well.

I'm sure the bank that gives out your credit card requires it to be registered to your full lawful name. It might not be possible to literally write your name on the card, but the name to which it's registered ought to be your real, full name?
Yes, but I don't have to tell anyone that data to use the card.
Quote from seinfeld :well I have just had a look a the Iracing website, it goes public in 10 days, it looks amazing..........<snip>

lol, you're 109 pages to late with this news, and your post is incorrect. There is not and will never be a demo, and it is far from complete. (way too incomplete for my liking at that price)
Quote from J.B. :Quick question: do you really have to use your real name to race? Or is a name that sounds real good enough?

I use my nickname, iRacing doesn´t know my real name and there is no problem

Quote from spankmeyer :Bloody hell, another raced ruined on lap 1.

Not paying 156$ a year to wait 50 minutes again. Just tell me what dick I have to suck to get my SR up and away from teh rookie sessions! :faint:

50 minutes? You have a qualify 35 minutes later, you can do a time attack in any moment, you can practice (all rookies need practice) when you want... you have to adapt your mind to iRacing, is not about racing again and again.
Quote from NitroNitrous :I use my nickname, iRacing doesn´t know my real name and there is no problem

Good to know. But since you must have used a credit card, how come they didn't use that name?
Quote from NitroNitrous :
you have to adapt your mind to iRacing, is not about racing again and again.

Eh? I suppose I don't get this because this (here) is an LFS forum....
Quote from spankmeyer :Bloody hell, another raced ruined on lap 1.

Not paying 156$ a year to wait 50 minutes again. Just tell me what dick I have to suck to get my SR up and away from teh rookie sessions! :faint:

Your own fault, spankmeyer - if you see a crash.. slow down so you can avoid out of control cars.
Im guessing when you'r out on the motorway and a car in front of you spins you dont keep the pedal to the floor, aye?

Drive it like you own it.
Quote from J.B. :Good to know. But since you must have used a credit card, how come they didn't use that name?

Yeah, I wrote my name when the payment, but theorically it was only necessary for validating the payment, they have no access to it.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Yeah, I wrote my name when the payment, but theorically it was only necessary for validating the payment, they have no access to it.

I wrote the name on the credit card and afterwards i sent an email for my name to change.Everything was complete in 2 hours max.Also if anyone does this dont forget to log out from ur previous name and login with ur new.I didnt at first and i couldnt race cause the name in myRacing wasnt the same with the name beside the SR.
So far i raced 3 times with rookie Solstice@Laguna and scored 4th,3rd and 7th.Unfotunately my races werent incident free so my SR is at 2.58 but i m only active since 12/8 when i did the purchase.

My first impressions are exellent especially as for the ffb is concerned.I managed to hit 1.50 low repetedly in Laguna with rookie Solstice but what i found was that time at rookie level which im now isnt the main thing to watch.The rest of the field i raced with were more cautious and i only had one slight contact.

The incidents came cause i pushed more during races and that i should have done in practise session.The same happened of course and in time trials so no more pushing for the best time for me but gradually building speed.Many of u stated this but i had to found out myself!

I am astounished by the tracks i ve been to,Laguna and Skips so far.The details i get from my G25 are incredible and someone has to feel that so that he can appreciate the work has been done by iRacing devs.

As for the car handling,i found it more challenging and rewarding compering it with netKarPro and then LFS follows.

The web interface at first looks and feels a bit odd but after a couple of hours by using it i got the hang of it and seems preety easy and ''ergonomical''.

I have a lot to discover racing wise so I think i ll go for the annual subscription.

All in all i felt it to be more proffesional if this is the right word and needs more attention cause you re not playing but really simming,worthing every peenny imho.

I was amazed also from the depth of information in the web interface and this shows the job the ve done.

Sorry for the lengthy post.These are my fisrt impressions!

edit:the support of them when i need to change my name was instant so a big thumbs up for their attention and proffesionalism!(i know that we pay a lot and these behaviour is to be expected!,but their attitude made me decide easier for the annual subscription!).Off course the same i ve experienced so far both with LFS and netKarPro support!
Quote from Jertje :The name on your Credit Card is used, so unless you're committing somekind of credit fraud and have your CC registered under a false identity you'll be in the system with your real name

Perhaps if there is a major privacy issue the iRacing team would be willing to allow an alias? It's a very far-fetched idea and I hadn't thought of it really, but they are able to change names, and if you can argue your point it might work

It is possible and some people I know have just asked that it be changed from their credit card name used!
What you think of the commentary?

http://www.vimeo.com/1268941
Yep all I did was send a message to support asking for the name to be changed to Taha El Alaoui and they did it. :P

LOL @ the commentary StableX xD
Yea, I did the same thing. I sent a email at around 8pm asking for a name change, when I logged in the next day it had been changed.

Cant ask for much better!
Well, I receiced an e-mai form iRacing. They say they need my real name
They can't prove it's not your real name unless it's really obvious it's not, or if you tell them it's not. Just send them a message to say your middle name is Nitro and you use that instead of your first name, make up some story about your family being related to the person that discovered Nitrous Oxide.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Well, I receiced an e-mai form iRacing. They say they need my real name

It doesn't have to be your REAL real name. As long as it sounds like a real name. It's to instill in people a sense of responsibility and not hiding behind "The Stig" and "2f4ST4U" type stuff. Imagine applying for a competition license under the name of NitroNitrous. Call yourself Iso Perse
I didn't read much posts before, but as I'm looking at these, I don't get one thing. What's the problem with real names? I mean, I understand if somebody pay with his mom's card, but what's so bad about sharing you real name with others?
Ok, so now I'm excited about this...

The price falls into my allowed "play money" range, so I really want to try this thing on for size.

Are they still doing the invites? If so, im going to be "that guy" and beg and plead for one! Anyone?

If not, thats cool, its only 10 days away, but I would love to give it a run this weekend...
It is being released at the end of the month, so you can get it then.
post retracted... trying to play nice...

Basically, I would really like to get in before that date, because I would like to get a good test of it before servers get inevitably hammered on that day/week ...
Well I think the invites have stopped being sent out now, so the only time you can get in is when it's released to the public.

Just completed my first race at Laguna Seca, started 10th, finished 2nd. But I had contact with another car early on, when he lost it on the last turn, it was such a minor contact I didn't even get an incident point for it.
Quote from rjm1982 :Ok, so now I'm excited about this...

The price falls into my allowed "play money" range, so I really want to try this thing on for size.

Are they still doing the invites? If so, im going to be "that guy" and beg and plead for one! Anyone?

If not, thats cool, its only 10 days away, but I would love to give it a run this weekend...

Give me an hour or so and I will send you one (invite). I have it saved in my email (which I cannot access at work, stupid web-filter)at home.

EDIT: Actually, I should be home in the next 20 minmutes, Ill send it then. Keep an eye on your PM box.
Just had my first ever negative SR score, but still came 3rd. iRacing is much better, everyone was blaming each other but we all joined post race chat and sorted it out nicely. Basically a car was slow up the hill to the corkscrew, I backed out and the guy behind got alongside, but my car was blocking him in from passing the other guy. I was about to back out before braking when the guy alongside turned across me, which resulted in a 3 car pile up.

I did come across the first **** though, at the start he was telling the rookies that they had to focus on their SR and don't try to race or win with the other guys. Then afterwards he was busy blaming everyone else for his accidents, caused by him blocking constantly.
I have an invite for iRacing that I'm not using so if anyone wants an early start PM me.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Just had my first ever negative SR score, but still came 3rd. iRacing is much better, everyone was blaming each other but we all joined post race chat and sorted it out nicely. Basically a car was slow up the hill to the corkscrew, I backed out and the guy behind got alongside, but my car was blocking him in from passing the other guy. I was about to back out before braking when the guy alongside turned across me, which resulted in a 3 car pile up.

I did come across the first **** though, at the start he was telling the rookies that they had to focus on their SR and don't try to race or win with the other guys. Then afterwards he was busy blaming everyone else for his accidents, caused by him blocking constantly.

Lol, I was in that race, didn't recognise your name. Son of a bitch game though! I was coming 2nd, no mistakes, driving smooth as butter, then bang, flat tyre. WTF? 1st time I have had a flat in a rookie, and only 8 laps in, absolutely baffles me why I had a flat

I know exactly what kind of driving should produce a flat tyre, and I did nothing like that....
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG