The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
True, but for a noob I think it would be too much. It certainly was for me
Quote from mcintyrej :Your up to class C, wait a second - don't you have to wait until the next month?!

Oi, next time reply when we say hello to you in a practice session :|
Quote from boothy :Oi, next time reply when we say hello to you in a practice session :|

I can't say I noticed you, when was this?! I have music on 80% of the time anyway so maybe if you were speaking I didn't hear you.
Yesterday evening, it was in text chat. I called you spazijack but then realised that's Sedgwick

But yeah Road Atlanta is lush (© wilko) in the skippy.
Quote from boothy :Yesterday evening, it was in text chat. I called you spazijack but then realised that's Sedgwick

But yeah Road Atlanta is lush (© wilko) in the skippy.

Hah may have been why I didn't notice - I really like R.A although I seem to have trouble just lapping consistently - I could race the balls off someone and do 2 seconds per lap faster but I'd be going off every other turn, thats why my SR is only 1.7.

You racing this next skippy in 15?
Quote from mcintyrej :Hah may have been why I didn't notice - I really like R.A although I seem to have trouble just lapping consistently - I could race the balls off someone and do 2 seconds per lap faster but I'd be going off every other turn, thats why my SR is only 1.7.

You racing this next skippy in 15?

Indeed we are

E - And Jason Lovett, and Wilko
Quote from Seb66 :Indeed we are

E - And Jason Lovett, and Wilko

See you boyo's there.

Edit: No I won't - none of you are in my race.
Quote from mcintyrej :See you boyo's there.

Edit: No I won't - none of you are in my race.

We are all in the same split What iRating are you?
I typed my goddamn name on the thing, it still took my name from my PayPal -.-
emailed support, hope they can fix it

Quote from Seb66 :We are all in the same split What iRating are you?

Only 1164 on road, I'm nearly 2.1k on oval.

My race was a disaster - was in 3rd but got taken out by an idiot so ended up having to tow, still managed to get 5th from that anyway and got a nice boost of SR.
Quote from nikopdr :I typed my goddamn name on the thing, it still took my name from my PayPal -.-
emailed support, hope they can fix it

They will change it. My name was my dads name before they changed it :P
Quote from Seb66 :They will change it. My name was my dads name before they changed it :P

I think I was Julie McIntyre for a while. All the american dudes saying WELL DONE JULIE NICE JOB suddenly stopped when I became Jack.
Quote from mcintyrej :Only 1164 on road, I'm nearly 2.1k on oval.

My race was a disaster - was in 3rd but got taken out by an idiot so ended up having to tow, still managed to get 5th from that anyway and got a nice boost of SR.

Ah, you were in the bottom split then?

Meh, I span off in the lead and got damage on the right rear.. 2nd's not so bad

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =2106834&custid=19326
Anyone has a spare code still, please?

nvm... forget it
Something very strange happened in that race.

It was spec racer, I had a really dodgy setup on where a tiny dab on the brakes at any point would swing the rear end out for some reason. I ended up getting about 8 incidents - so I was expecting maybe +0.02 SR or something like that.

Half way through the race I did probably the best iRacing drift ever. I held it for about 5-6 seconds at a really nice angle, all the way around the outside of the corner. This was by accident of course, having pulled out of it as I drive away this voice from no where says "NICE HOLD" even though there was no transmitting graphic when someone usually speaks - I ended up getting +0.50 SR to my name despite all of the other incidents.

Do you get extra rating for saving a really really really long slide, or something?

Skippy in 6 minutes.
did you go from 2.9 to 3.4 or osmething? you get a .5 bonus when you go over 1.99 or 2.99 or 3.99
Anyone need a promo code? I haven't given mine away yet.
Quote from obsolum :No, if you get your SR up to 4.0 you get promoted "instantly".

EDIT: beaten by a few secs

Yeah, I worked hard to get my SR up. A few nights where I started and finished at the same point. Last night I hurt my SR a bit, by an awful Solstice race, along with trying the V8.. I suck at Infineon . It is ****ing fun to drive though.
Ha, me, Niko and boothy in a practise session .

BTW Niko be glad, I was "Erkan KIRCA" for a week or so.
Quote from dawesdust_12 : I suck at Infineon . It is ****ing fun to drive though.

It's a bloody workout that is. Really fun but drains the concentration
I'm almost C class oval, yippeeee!

Been showing the yanks how its done. Can't wait to get into the Silverado.
Quote from StableX :It's a bloody workout that is. Really fun but drains the concentration

I dunno how people can do it. Luckily I don't have any relative speed to other drivers, due to doing a solo session.
I suck in the V8, I don't even think I'm going to TRY infineon
Quote from mcintyrej :I'm almost C class oval, yippeeee!

Been showing the yanks how its done. Can't wait to get into the Silverado.

If you like the legends, You'll love the silverado on the short tracks, it's alright on the bigger tracks. The late model is REALLY fun.
Ah, now THIS is what I'm talking about.

http://twitpic.com/1xbymf/full

I run iRacing with nVidia 3D, and it's a totally different ballgame - but clearly this is the next step.... Actually I'm not sure if a projector would be better, maybe Shot can advise me there - I just can't imagine it looking that great, despite being massive. Three high res monitors seems nice.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG