The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I got a promotion code for one month free also if someone is interested by that sim im addicted from 8 months (I ve PRO licence now) !!!

I ve first ask to some SCCC's member's and if i dont have answers tonight, PM me and i will give you the code.

PS: an advice, dont start with V8 car (well in fact u cant start with this, you need an higher licence), start with Solstice or Skip Barber.

Mid-Ohio new track is really great.

EDIT : I gave the promo code, dont PM me please.
I'd like to try iRacing game, maybe someone can give me promo code? Write me PM. Thank you.
I have a code available to the first person to PM me
lol just raced there myself in the Rookie Legends I must have been in a different split.

I finished 2nd with the 2nd fastest lap, although the winner and myself got lucky when a crash took out the 1st and 2nd place runners We had 5 cars (1st - 5th) running in a convoy well cool.
Quote from Xaid0n :lol just raced there myself in the Rookie Legends I must have been in a different split.

I finished 2nd with the 2nd fastest lap, although the winner and myself got lucky when a crash took out the 1st and 2nd place runners We had 5 cars (1st - 5th) running in a convoy well cool.

Its such a cool....'Feeling' when your running inches from 3 other cars at full throttle - and because its the same turn over and over and over and over again mistakes are a lot lower than they are on a circuit, and I love beating the Americans.

NASCAR here I come.
Yeah it is fun indeed

I bought myself the Late Model cars as a starter for the faster cars, don't fancy buying the Silverados and stuffing up.
http://www.iracing.com/buy-1-get-2/
Really good offer
And if anybody is going for it, I would be very thankful if you could enter my email as referral: aiduciukas et gmail.com
Quote from iFastLT :http://www.iracing.com/buy-1-get-2/
Really good offer
And if anybody is going for it, I would be very thankful if you could enter my email as referral: aiduciukas et gmail.com

Referral only works if the new user is purchasing 3 months or more, sucky I know
Quote from Xaid0n :Referral only works if the new user is purchasing 3 months or more, sucky I know

So it doesn't count as 3 months?
What's the deal with all these promotion codes people are giving out? I've been kind of out of the loop with iRacing the past couple weeks, if all subscribers have codes to give out, then I apparently have one somewhere.
Quote from iFastLT :So it doesn't count as 3 months?

Nope They are technically only purchasing 1 month, but getting an extra month for free. So the referral scheme won't work.
So here I am batting it out with a bunch of pro's on late model, doing really well considering I've not raced it at all, I'm in a solid 4th place lapping well and I come up behind the 2 last place drivers. They're blocking and swerving everywhere - bumping into me giving me safety warnings. They blocked me so much I ended up losing a place because of it and I lost .1 SR from the race - upon checking the results I see that the guy doing all the crashing has 0.55 Safety rating. Yes you read that right - 0.55. Totally appaling if you ask me.
Quote from UncleBenny :What's the deal with all these promotion codes people are giving out? I've been kind of out of the loop with iRacing the past couple weeks, if all subscribers have codes to give out, then I apparently have one somewhere.

Current members got 1 month new member promo codes for their dads as it's (or will be) dad's day.
Quote from mcintyrej :So here I am batting it out with a bunch of pro's on late model, doing really well considering I've not raced it at all, I'm in a solid 4th place lapping well and I come up behind the 2 last place drivers. They're blocking and swerving everywhere - bumping into me giving me safety warnings. They blocked me so much I ended up losing a place because of it and I lost .1 SR from the race - upon checking the results I see that the guy doing all the crashing has 0.55 Safety rating. Yes you read that right - 0.55. Totally appaling if you ask me.

That guy should be given a medal.
He should be fast-demoted then, to a D class?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :He should be fast-demoted then, to a D class?

He was already D class, can you be demoted to Rookie?
Nope.
Quote from AlienT. :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rFx-2t7_w&hd=1

Very nice comparison, i think this shows up the flaws of iRacing, including poor lighting, poor saturation of colors & flat 2d grass which looks a bit lame tbh. (oh & the pit wall @ 2:33 & the dark tarmac on the inside 2:58) urghh long way off
Some of the shots are spot on tho. Still a long road ahead for iRacing i hope they get it right.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I run iRacing with nVidia 3D, and it's a totally different ballgame - but clearly this is the next step.... Actually I'm not sure if a projector would be better, maybe Shot can advise me there - I just can't imagine it looking that great, despite being massive. Three high res monitors seems nice.

imho a projector is always better
that said its probably one of the worst choice for competitive play but if the perfect monitor for competition was your goal youd be running a crt with the refresh rate and framerate locked at the games physics rate

multi (usually triple) head vs projectors is a tough question that is entirely down to preference
however nvidias triple head solution is clearly a late addition (ati did a stellar job of keeping eyefinity under the rug until the release of their latest chips) that iirc isnt even supported by the current drivers yet (or wasnt until very recently) so im not a big fan of their method or any form of multi card setup for that matter due to microstuttering
also you should keep in mind that any form of 3d and (especially in racing games where nearly everything on screen is far away) should be done using a screen at least several metres (6+ would be ideal iirc) from your eyes so the lens is focused to infinity thus limiting the chance of headaches and fatigue (and several other problems some definite some speculative that come with 3d) due to the eyes lens being focused at a distance matching the perceived depth
Its Silverado time!

Did one final time trial to bump up from 3.99 SR and I'm currently installing Silverado + New Hampshire.
I'll probably do some ovalling tonight.. just to be a higher class...
probably buy the jetta and late model tomorrow. or maybe a years membership
Could go for the year's membership and you'd get the $30 credit deal they have going on until the end of the month, which would get you the Jetta and Late Model.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG