The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Mazda wil be free

I'm going to see which tracks it runs on and then buy them when I have the money.
Anyone know what speed real f1 cars are at when they reach the top of Eu Rouge?
Seems something is in the works...

Quote :I have not posted the schedule yet because we have signed another official partner and we are waiting to announce that. It will hopefully happen tomorrow but most likely Thursday.

We actually might get a second terrific partner with one of our series but that's going to come down to the wire.

Last season I asked for the community to give me feedback on the schedule and as I always try and do I like to keep things as similar as possible for two seasons at a time to help you out with your wallets.

I have made some changes to some of the series that are thin on participation as those series have a core group that "manage" the series to increase participation.

I will poll the community again for Season 1 of 2011 on what changes we should make for the next two seasons.

Some quick highlights for next season.

IndyCar is going to move to class B
Radical is moving in with the Corvette open setup series
NASCAR B open and fixed and NASCAR A will have some tweaks to follow real world schedule
Mazda MX-5 Cup and Roadster will be the new rookie road series in the same class
Solstice and SRF will be a mixed class series at advanced road
Launching a class A series with FW31
Launching a fun series with the FW31 at Zandvoort, Silverstone, Laguna and lime rock that runs every day.
Launching a fun series with the cup car at dega, daytona and charlotte that runs every day.

As soon as the press release hits the wire this week for our new partnership I will post the schedule. It's an exciting deal.

Steve

I read something about Grand Am sponsoring the road DWC next year, wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Quote from UncleBenny :I read something about Grand Am sponsoring the road DWC next year, wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Ehh, that would put the DP in road DWC then unless they have some other trick up their sleeve.

They need to just put in driver swaps so we could make a GrandAm of our own. MoE in iR anyone?
Something from ALMS/LMS would be nice.
Quote from PMD9409 :Ehh, that would put the DP in road DWC then unless they have some other trick up their sleeve.

They need to just put in driver swaps so we could make a GrandAm of our own. MoE in iR anyone?

"Yeah, that was my next questions, and it is the F1 car. I'm sure a deal with FIA just was too hard to get done probably, and with NASCAR and Grand-AM being pretty much the same thing Im sure that was the easier road to take."

This was from Nick Neben in this thread:

http://members.iracing.com/jfo ... list/1043606.page#2447767

He was at the open house so I assume that's where the info came from. F1 series sponsored by Grand Am doesn't exactly make sense to me either though.

I would love driver changes in iRacing. A legit GT class car from Grand Am would be awesome to pair up against the DP's.
Quote from DevilDare :Something from ALMS/LMS would be nice.

A beautiful LMP comes to mind.

Quote from UncleBenny :"Yeah, that was my next questions, and it is the F1 car. I'm sure a deal with FIA just was too hard to get done probably, and with NASCAR and Grand-AM being pretty much the same thing Im sure that was the easier road to take."

This was from Nick Neben in this thread:

http://members.iracing.com/jfo ... list/1043606.page#2447767

He was at the open house so I assume that's where the info came from. F1 series sponsored by Grand Am doesn't exactly make sense to me either though.

I'll just wait for the announcement, as I can't confuse myself anymore for the rest of the week, exams tomorrow and Friday.
Spec racers on summit point this week I'm struggling anyone has a good stable setup for Summit point for the spec racer?
I have tried a whole bunch but cant seem to make it stable under braking.
I used that one before my subscription ran out, felt quite nice, can't remember what kind of times I did with it but was pretty competitive.

edit: at least I think I've used it, if it's undrivable I probably named it wrong ^^
Attached files
specracer - summit.zip - 888 B - 173 views
Still wonder if I should try it...

The race made me curious, and with Almeida, there's even a Swiss near the top.

But: Do you only pay monthly(or per year), or are there additional costs?

Because this sounds very expensive...
Gotta pay the nominal sub fee, and gotta shell out for content liscence that you want to use as well. If you're going to try it but find the cost offputting, you should really plan what series(s?) you want to run before hand and see what it would cost you. So starting up can be a bit of a dent, but continuing isn't really much of an issue.
Is there a written cost for each or does it differ?

And is it rather for series, or cars and tracks?

As I have never really taken a look, only heard about the licenses...
Cars are $12 USD and tracks are either $12 USD or $15USD depending on length and track variations, but if you buy more 3-5 items at a time, you get 10% off, and 6+ items, you get 20% off.
could anyone post current season schedule? And when does the next start,as i'm thinking of my sub renewal, just not sure when
I keep buying 1 month then realising that it feels like a bag of shit and not playing again!
Quote from iFastLT :could anyone post current season schedule? And when does the next start,as i'm thinking of my sub renewal, just not sure when

We're in the final week of the current season, not sure if the next schedule is up yet.

When it is, I'll put it at http://www.Bean0.com/iracing/

Quote from troy :I used that one before my subscription ran out, felt quite nice, can't remember what kind of times I did with it but was pretty competitive.

edit: at least I think I've used it, if it's undrivable I probably named it wrong ^^

Thanks for the set suddenly spec racer at summit point is not such a hassle.

@ iFastLT
The next season starts next week.
Quote from Bean0 :We're in the final week of the current season, not sure if the next schedule is up yet.

When it is, I'll put it at http://www.Bean0.com/iracing/

Also for anyone using Google chrome, go to extensions and do a search for iRacing. There's a very neat little extension that adds an iRacing logo to click for the full current schedule
Quote from Chrisuu01 :
The next season starts next week.

Next week is week 13. New season starts in the week after..11 days from now...
Sorry for stupid question but, how much would it cost for a 2-3 months subscribtion with all cars and tracks in total?
To buy all the content, you are looking at a few hundred USD.

3 month sub is 36 USD, but there is an offer to buy on month and get 2 free at the moment, so you can have 3 months for 12 USD. Offer expires 31/10/2010.

If anyone is about to sign up, I'd appreciate a referral
PM me for email address if you don't mind
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG