The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Might as well add Limerock Chicane, that would be so much fun to spectate it'd be criminal.
Quote from PMD9409 :F1 @ VIR. I've seen it all now.

Not quite. Someone needs to host F1 versus Solstice at VIR Patriot, or Charlotte Infield road course (the autocross-sized one).

Very excited for the Grand Am series. They will probably add a Rolex GT car soon. I hope it's the Lamborghini that's going to debut in January. :drool:

Latest word from Steve Myers says the new build, plus the F1, MX-5 etc may be released Wednesday.
Season 4 schedule attached. The post disappeared from the forum for some reason, but I've saved it before.
Attached files
iracing-season-4.pdf - 86.5 KB - 216 views
Why?

Why must my video card crap out on me at such an inopportune moment?

I'll probably sign in for the 3-month deal regardless.

(BTW does anyone know the solution to fixing a screen full of wavy pink lines shortly after start up? A condition that doesn't happen with the mother board video output, but does from the video card?)
I knew they had a East presense, I just don't order from them anymore after being screwed around with "yes, we have something in stock".. and then waiting a month for them to send it, phoning and them saying "Oh, we don't have that anymore, nor can we get it".. without them cancelling the order or even notifying us.
Dang... almost bought a G25 from them years ago. Decided not to bother with the shipping and bought it local. Since then G25 / 27 have appreciated.
I did the same. Had a G25 preordered from them for months, release came, and it was always "We haven't gotten a shipment".. ordered somewhere else and had it in 2 days.
uh why would you still recommend a 460 at this price point now that the 6870 is out for pretty much the same sort of money?
Quote from Mattesa :Why?

Why must my video card crap out on me at such an inopportune moment?

I'll probably sign in for the 3-month deal regardless.

(BTW does anyone know the solution to fixing a screen full of wavy pink lines shortly after start up? A condition that doesn't happen with the mother board video output, but does from the video card?)

Try checking the video cable connection at your monitor and graphics card and try both outputs. I used to get little pink dots, then pushed the DVI connector in more and it was gone.

Besides that, GTX 460 768's go for about $150 on sale.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I did the same. Had a G25 preordered from them for months, release came, and it was always "We haven't gotten a shipment".. ordered somewhere else and had it in 2 days.

ROFL

I remember that. G25 issues, and much whining from you. That was good times, though I felt I got recompense by having Purolater pull away with my wheel when I couldn't answer the door due to being in a race.... I pulled the car over and ran to the door only to see the truck pulling away.

Quote from Shotglass :uh why would you still recommend a 460 at this price point now that the 6870 is out for pretty much the same sort of money?

Oh gee, only because it's a better card for less money or are you brainwashed by those red idiots too? How's ATi's 3D support going these days anyway? What's that? You say their multi-monitor support is rubbish as well? Oh gee, big surprise. /yawn.

*waits for Shot's gnashing teeth*
Just tried re-seating the card and re-reconnect all wires to no avail. I'll be on the lookout for a new card. Thanks for the reco's. FWIW the broken card is a EVGA 8800, only 2.5 years old.
Attached images
crappedcard.jpg
1) I don't like ATi/AMD/WhateverTheyAreCalledThisWeek
2) In my experience, they produce inferior products to nVidia. Driver support along with performance
3) I just chose the first card I saw on Newegg, and of course they're trying to sell a 400$ card.
I was a big ATI fan when they produced proper cards like the 9700 and 9800 Pro. These days it's nVidia all the way though. Times change
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Oh gee, only because it's a better card for less money or are you brainwashed by those red idiots too?

right...
"In regards to the 6870, if you currently own a GTX 460 1GB then the 6870 is a major upgrade in performance."
http://www.hardocp.com/article ... _6850_video_card_review/9

Quote :How's ATi's 3D support going these days anyway?

pretty much flawlessly judging by the amount of brand new games that i never had an issue with on my 4870

edit:
oh wait you meant the gimmicky 3d glasses thing?
apparently its fully supported now with the new 6 series cards

Quote :You say their multi-monitor support is rubbish as well?

you mean the 3+ monitor support that they came up last generation and nvidia rushed to immitate badly?

2 weeks ago i would have also suggested a 460 now theres hardly any reason to buy one
Interesting indeed, can't wait.
Heh, that's got to be the best "interview" about simracing tire modelling I've ever seen.

I've figured out what should happen here, in the best interest of everyone:

Dave should just offer Scawen a fat contract, and suck LFS into iRacing as well as combine their research and intellect. The LFS content would still be one time cost and support, and the iRacing content would still be subscription & purchased based. Thus, both sims would have a great tire model, low cost fictional content for those that want it, and higher cost RL content for those that want to officially compete. Best of both worlds combined IMO, more dough for everyone. Would be wicked.

Of course, I've had a few birthday drinks so that could be rubbish, but it seems like a good idea at the time.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :1) I don't like ATi/AMD/WhateverTheyAreCalledThisWeek
2) In my experience, they produce inferior products to nVidia. Driver support along with performance
3) I just chose the first card I saw on Newegg, and of course they're trying to sell a 400$ card.

a
Anyone got any promotional/refferal codes? Has to be available for a reactivating account.

Going to take the plunge and start Racing (i) again.
Not sure but try this PR-GA12, it is for the grand am new partnership, 3 months for the price of one.Dont forget to PM me for referal
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG