The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Nice
Brilliant.
Cancelled my sub today. Don't drive it enough to justify the cost.
Quote from AstroBoy :I wish i could make that damn top split But im stuck fighting it out with questionable drivers.

Need to get 3000 iRating for that Only one way to do it - run more races and finish decently (top half) - seriously, with only 30 odd starts, unless you're Simon Cattell's second account you need to run a lot more races to get anywhere close to 3k.

Quote from atledreier :Cancelled my sub today. Don't drive it enough to justify the cost.

Tony Gardner speaks! Sadly I have no idea where the post is since someone quoted it and iRacing's forum is so retarded it doesn't link you to it automatically (thank you Victor for a good forum btw).

Tony and Dave were on vacation for over the past week, and that's why communication has gone quiet... Right.
copy and paste on here?
You can link to specific posts by using the URL craftily hidden as the date/time of the post, rather than the post number like in vB.

http://members.iracing.com/jfo ... /125/1619766.page#3677894

Quote :We think back and forth communication is great with the community and our customers and realize many people like constant updates about what we are doing on a daily basis. Not purposely being quiet (although both Dave and I were on vacation last week) not to say that others are not empowered to communicate. It is just that when we don't have very specific information to pass along, it really does not seem to be what people are looking for in regard to updates. Let's face it, many people want to know what is coming and when it it is coming and I don't blame them. We can tell you what is coming, it is the when that is the hard part. We obviously keep on top of what people are talking about and their concerns. Obviously working on some adjustments for the Tire Model and cars and making progress but have no news about timing of a build in regard to updates for NTM as I am writing this. If it was a track release we were talking about, I could tell you the day. Again, letting you know it is our biggest focus. The people that don't work on physics & NTM are busy working on new things for the sim and service and we can update you shortly about what those things are. We do expect another small build shortly that will significantly help the frame rates at Suzuka and should help fram rates overall. (People that worked on that have nothing to do with NTM)

AS Dave K said, rest assured we will continue to make improvements to the sim for a long time to come.

Good Racing

Tony

Don't tell then their forum is shitty! They'll spend the next few months working on that instead of the tire model!
That's their second forum! The first one you couldn't even add attachments correctly.
The new forum is imho just as shitty as the old one. At least with the old one you could search posts with username. This new one has just a search that is designed to make people throw keyboards throw windows.

I have no idea how someone at iracing could have been looking at that thing and thought "this is good". The only revolutionary feature with the new forum was the star-rating thing which was biggest failure ever since the idea of using a sword to shave one's pubic hair.
That Phil, spotting for him?
Nah Phil is streaming, Tim someone (Phil will tell you his name later) is spotting for him.
Tim Umshler.

I'll probably be doing it each DWC race. Just simple on-boards of different cars. Gives a good change from PSRTV. Plus if you suggest something fast enough I might be able to show it
Quote from boothy :Nothing wrong with the Ford GT, oh not at all... (1:13)

:ices_rofl

Why does it seem like they have distinctly separate physics parameters for each car?

Why is it so hard to just have one set of physics parameters, and plug in the various aspects of the car like LFS seems to do? (e.g. physical dimensions, 3D mass distribution, suspension geometry, etc.)

In my mind, a clear disregard for basic laws of physics, like having the rear wheels always on the ground regardless of vertical force, is completely inexcusible and shows a very half-assed approach to the physics simulation. How do you screw up Newton's First Law?
To me it just seems they had to fudge all and everything to get the ntm (which is effectively a new physics model for the tire physics) to work.

It is almost exactly ( ) 2 weeks before the end of august. Ntm on all cars. Not sure if want

The ntm looks even more basic than the otm which didn't even have flatspots and tire dirt which are imho and have been industry standard for 5 years with lfs and nkpro.
Rear downforce?
Quote from Forbin :

:ices_rofl

Why does it seem like they have distinctly separate physics parameters for each car?

Why is it so hard to just have one set of physics parameters, and plug in the various aspects of the car like LFS seems to do? (e.g. physical dimensions, 3D mass distribution, suspension geometry, etc.)

In my mind, a clear disregard for basic laws of physics, like having the rear wheels always on the ground regardless of vertical force, is completely inexcusible and shows a very half-assed approach to the physics simulation. How do you screw up Newton's First Law?

Makes zero sense to most of us. The physics engine has had this fudging since the beta. It has always irritated me actually. Screw the NTM, I want a NPM (new physics model)!

Quote from Hyperactive :To me it just seems they had to fudge all and everything to get the ntm (which is effectively a new physics model for the tire physics) to work.

It is almost exactly ( ) 2 weeks before the end of august. Ntm on all cars. Not sure if want

The ntm looks even more basic than the otm which didn't even have flatspots and tire dirt which are imho and have been industry standard for 5 years with lfs and nkpro.

That NTM is never getting released in August. Probably not even an update. And the NTM doesn't have flatspots or tire dirt either, just so you know. It's funny because they make fun of rFactor 1, when they are not far from it at all.

Quote from atledreier :Rear downforce?

Can't tell if it is from the downforce or if they fudged the physics model because of the mid/rear engine car.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG