The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bawbag :.....if a bit understeery until the mad snap oversteer...

What do you think the chances are that the snap is real and it's just that there's no seat-of-the-pants feel to warn you? After all, they say the eyes are the last thing to know in real life.
Quote from Postman Pat :What do you think the chances are ...

Add screen, input and ffb lag on top of all that

With this new tyre model there actually has had to be quite a lot of adjustment for the average joe to get their head arround, there has been changes to force feed back, the whole way tyre sounds are delt with and the tyre model itself. Then there is the fact that the GT is a new car so little setup knowledge on it. So it is little wonder that its been a bumpy ride.

I actually have it sorted mostly now and am quite happy with the GT, the biggest let downs of the 2.0 release is that we all expected the NTM to be more finnished as in tyre wear etc

On testing and doing research I actually don't think they have got the pressures too wrong it just seems that the tyres dont overheat or build excess pressure all that much (which may be realistic I wouldn't know).

The lowest setting in the garage is 35PSI the tyres are prewarmed so if you pit out and then return to the garage you will see that the pressure is approx 37PSI, there has been a huge backlash saying this is far from realistic on the iRacing forums.

But imo when you take into account how the tyre builds temperature this is about right for the absoloute minimum working pressure recomendation from tyre suppliers. A lot of guys are quoting 35PSI is the minimum recomendation for hot pressure (lower will possibly cause tyre failure) but they are not taking into consideration the weight of the GT or the usage of the tyre. Without direct communication with tyre suppliers I would estimate that the recommended safe Ford GT tyre pressure operating range should infact be between 37PSI and mid 40s for track conditions. I estimate this from the same source material others a quoting to say it is wrong.

If you do a burnout until one of the rears pops the remaining rear has a last hot pressure reading of 42PSI with a 35PSI start pressure, so it would seem that the range of pressures doesn't exceed tyre manufacturers recomendations.

It is pretty obvious though that the tyre life characteristics are either not being modeled at all in the NTM or are way off.

Also I was hoping that the low speed characteristics would be better than what they are, Todd Wasson gave a very good discription on the iRacing site regarding this (a lot are confusing it with thinking that its about not being able to catch slides when infact Todd is talking about the behaviour of the car in these situations not ones ability to catch slides)

Overall I'm fairly happy with the NTM but it is still not where I'd hoped it would be...
Hated the Skippy on NTM. Used to love the car to bits. Then I lowered the front tirepressures from default and it clicked into place. Suddenly felt like 'my' Skippy again, only alot better!
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Is the Skippy any better now or is it still a piece of shit?

It feels a bit better on the NTM , more under steering but with lesser front tyre pressure it feels ok for me.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Is the Skippy any better now or is it still a piece of shit?

It's not as fun any more but it drives more like the real thing. The NTM is half finished rubbish i cant believe they can release shit like that. Im so glad i haven't bought any of the new content.

iRacing 2.0 - ripping you off on an entirely different level.
Quote from anttt69 :It's not as fun any more but it drives more like the real thing. The NTM is half finished rubbish i cant believe they can release shit like that. Im so glad i haven't bought any of the new content.

iRacing 2.0 - ripping you off on an entirely different level.

Move on with your life and forget all about iRacing, don`t you think thats the best way?
Quote from richard dk :Move on with your life and forget all about iRacing, don`t you think thats the best way?

Seeing how they got many ppl spend their bucks to renew their subcription due to marketing hype, it does feel meh.
Oval cars are miles better, COT race I was just in was probably the most fun I've had in iRacing so far, just need to get the wear and heat buildup sorted and it'll be sweet. I'm not as full of praise for the NTM on the road car, but I'm waiting until it's on a car that I've driven loads to make a fair judgement, I can't really tell how much is the NTM or how much is the insanely twitchy HPD and GT.
Looking to try the 3mths of iracing for $12. I would be glad to use someone on here as a referral so you can get the credits as I don't know anyone that plays it at the moment.

Cheers
Quote from Lance Uppercut :Looking to try the 3mths of iracing for $12. I would be glad to use someone on here as a referral so you can get the credits as I don't know anyone that plays it at the moment.

Cheers

PM'd.
Gave referral to first one who PM'd.

Sorry PMD9409 someone got in just before.
Quote from PMD9409 :http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/MickReap10465/fuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

Quote from Tuze :Seeing how they got many ppl spend their bucks to renew their subcription due to marketing hype, it does feel meh.

Thats the name of the game...if you are not willing to take the risk, then wait to buy when you have the opinion from other iRacing users...
Quote from richard dk :Move on with your life and forget all about iRacing, don`t you think thats the best way?

Yeah, do that. It works very well for me.
Tried the 12$ offer too i tested the cars and tracks with these offer but i don't like it very much , i still prefer nkpro handling , anyway i have 3 months to play with it till i'm bored lol
Lulz my Oval racing SR dropped down to 1.50 xD I feel like a pro nascar driver now, but seriously i cant beilve even at A Class racing people still try to thread the needle when a crash is infront of them....i got spun round avoiding a crash when i slowed down thats what dropped me back.
Maybe i should be on the PRO series the ammount of times those guys crash id fit right in!!
Quote from psy00 :Tried the 12$ offer too i tested the cars and tracks with these offer but i don't like it very much , i still prefer nkpro handling , anyway i have 3 months to play with it till i'm bored lol

None of the base content cars have the new tire physics yet. I'd imagine they will before your 3 months are up.
that sucks cause i wanted to try the new physics without buying additional content , hope they update the cars in time (the offer is ok and cheap 8.7 euro but i would prefer a demo and offline test of the cars not only online... anyway subscription isn't my thing)
i want to note that tracks are beautiful and i run this thing on high settings even with my low end computer by todays standars (c2duo 7500 ,ati 4850).
Quote from psy00 : hope they update the cars in time

At least one of the base content cars should be updated well before your sub runs out. They have mentioned that they intend to release the rest of the cars over the next 3 months.
Well they act like they can do it all in August. I doubt that will happen. I believe they are pulling out a small build on Wednesday. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Well just had a interesting B class oval race, i was leading after a restart stayed low like real low so low that going into T1 i was next to the wall, so i brake early BANG BANG! two cars pile into the back of me with the track right next to them completely open, the crash puts me 12 laps down by the end of the race and they blame me because i was down so low

Though i am liking this NTM with no tire wear its great especially since most oval races actually have NFI that they dont need to change tires it makes me lol.
DWC driver:

Quote :Just to put speculation to rest. DWC drivers HAVE NOT had ANY influence upon iracings decisions on features or tweaks. Trust me when I say this because we bitch and moan constantly in the dwc section about things but it goes in one ear and out the other. Outside they may act like we are gods of simracing or whatever, but inside we mean nothing and are just a publicity series. So please stop dragging DWC comments into this argument because we are on the outside looking in just like everyone else.

Just tried the Skip.

It's got a better sense of lateral weight movement to how I remember with the OTM. It's more like a process going on now rather than an instantaneous result, which is how it should be handling mass/inertia.

But there's still not enough grip at low speeds over the limit - which was supposed to be a Pacejka problem. I saw a top Pro spin out in a race and I found still the rear tends to accelerate away from you like on ice if you break traction in slow corners. And on the grass you can still do mad spinning things by just touching the throttle at the right time. The snap-back at low speed is brutal. The NTM was supposed to fix some of this.

Still hate the engine sounds and they still glitch when you hit the limiter, but the tyre noise is improved. Track (and everything else) still looks grey and gives poor sense of distance.

I stayed in the pit for a while then noticed there seemed to be bits of pit texture inside my car once on the track. That made me feel nostalgic for dodgy rFactor mods.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG