The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
nice videos!
Quote :Suppression of "bad customers" won't fly here.

Answer? Let's hear it from a DWC driver:
Quote :Really? Because that's exactly what is happening inside the DWC forum - guys who know a hell of a lot more about sim-racing than I do have had their posting privileged removed for what seems to be disagreeing with what iRacing is doing. It's frustrating because they bring up valid points, and the comments and the person who brought them up gets dismissed.

I'd like to read those threads.
Something happens that the setups I downloaded don't appear in the Star Mazda... any ideas why? is there a special type to name a setup like in LFS? (XRR_xxx)
Quote from chanoman315 :Something happens that the setups I downloaded don't appear in the Star Mazda... any ideas why? is there a special type to name a setup like in LFS? (XRR_xxx)

Have you put it in the iRacing/setups/formulamazda folder? It's a tad different than LFS, there is no "tag" in setup file names, but you need to place them in the right folders.
@GreyBull [CHA]
SCCC (South City Cab Company) runs an IRacing division, our skinner has some ideas .

Thx for the friend invite.

p.s. that is a cabbie on Iracing.

we are still working to get the bee on the skin.
Attached images
scccskinIracing.jpg
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Have you put it in the iRacing/setups/formulamazda folder? It's a tad different than LFS, there is no "tag" in setup file names, but you need to place them in the right folders.

I already did that, like 3 times. Ingame it's empty
sometimes if I was sent a setup through MSN. When I put it in my folder I had the same.

Make sure that the serup you were sent has the ending .sto

If it doesn't have that it will not work. So maybe rename the file from hello to hello.sto

try that!
Quote from chanoman315 :I already did that, like 3 times. Ingame it's empty

Setup must be in the right folder and end with .sto
If the name of the setup is to long you will not see it ingame too.
iRacing is shit.

/end
Telling the truth is not trolling.
haha
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Telling the truth is not trolling.

If the statement was backed up with evidence from him telling us why it's 'shit' then it wouldn't be trolling. But he didn't. So he is.
The iRacing.com Member Website is currently down for maintenance.

Quote :We are applying simulation bug fixes.

Thursday, 11-AUG-2011

EDT GMT
1000 1400 Service Down
1400 1800 Service Up

Quote from Tim NL :The iRacing.com Member Website is currently down for maintenance.

There see, iRacing are fixing the problem identified by Peterules already.
what sort of updates are they doing ? i got an email regarding the release notes but i cant read it due to the system maintenance.
Its back up.

Release notes...

Quote :Misc

- Added a new setting to adjust the distance the central UI elements are moved away from the bezels (only enabled in some 3-monitor modes). Previously the UI elements were moved 10% of the screen width away from the edge of the screen. This is still the default, but may be adjusted via the BezelProtectionPct setting in the [MonitorSetup] section of renderer.ini. Adjust this down to 0 to disable the protection completely.

- Fixed the erratic pit speed limiter bug. It will work reliably now.

Graphics

- Fixed the flickering shadow maps at Suzuka, they were located after the exit of the spoon turn.

- Re-enabled an optimization where shadow volume data may be skipped during loading for trackside objects that cast shadow maps when shadow maps are enabled and preferred.

- Support for SoftTH 2.06 alpha has been added.

Chevrolet Impala

- Bumpstops now engage 5/64" (2mm) earlier.

- Added Hall of Fame setups.

- Added fixed setups for Charlotte, Daytona and Talladega for use in the Carburetor Cup series.

Chevrolet Impala Class B

- Now uses the correct Dover and Iowa gear ratios.

- Added a 4.78 diff ratio for Milwaukee.

- Added or updated basic and fixed setups for Atlanta, Bristol, Chicagoland, Dover, Iowa, Michigan, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Richmond and Texas.

Chevrolet Corvette C6R

- Update Suzuka fixed setup.

Ford GT

- Added basic and fixed setups for Laguna Seca, Mid Ohio, Road Atlanta, Sebring and Suzuka.

- Fixed missing club logo decal on passenger side rear.

- A few updates to some of the patterns.

HPD ARX-01c

- A few updates to some of the patterns.

- All iRacing setups now have brake pressure set to medium instead of high.

- ARX 3rd spring should function more correctly.

- Brake lights now work on opponent cars.

Legends Ford '34 Coupe

- The steering wheel of opponent cars now rotates about the correct axis.

Dallara IndyCar

- Now has correct aero when using the recently added Indianapolis IndyCar oval.

Radical SR8

- Tweaked the Logitech G27 shift lights.

Williams FW31

- Tweaked the Logitech G27 shift lights.

no fixes to the tyre models then..

well i guess i can wait a bit longer before i re-subscribe.
Didn't expect a tire model fix. How quiet they have been, I don't think they know what their motives are.

Crazy they didn't fix the F1 steering wheel when spectating. It's turned to the right down the straights. It's because they "fixed" the oval cars to make it look like they are straight when really the wheel is to the right. They forgot to seperate that with the F1, and now it is turning to the right.
This is once again perfectly showing up how the iRacing Staff Mentality is. They do things and then after all don't care about the result
Take the skippy on skidpad and drive around the skidpad at any speed you like. Do a clutch drop and tell me what happens? I've tried this with skippy and some other cars, but there's nothing happening, no wheelspin.
Quote from Tuze :Take the skippy on skidpad and drive around the skidpad at any speed you like. Do a clutch drop and tell me what happens? I've tried this with skippy and some other cars, but there's nothing happening, no wheelspin.

They fudge the grip of the cars when under 30mph. That's why you can do burnouts for ages without tire wear or tire heat.

EDIT: Oh and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded
old red and white barriers anyone
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG