The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Forbin :The Skippy is far and away the best car in that game, IMO. Give me a Skippy with a little more power and an LSD and I'd be completely happy.

ehrn i tried it ages ago the only enjoyable car in the game was the legends... which of course youre not allowed to race anywhere interesting

on the plus side this makes them look a little less like theyre mugging you
Quote from anttt69 :The announcement of the new fast track licence thingy is really kicking up a **** storm. Personally i feel its a bit harsh on the pro drivers especially when they pick up random 4x points just from racing close. iRacing need to fix the contact system before raising the bar.

I can see the Oval Pro's complaining. But It's BS if any road pro's are complaining.. Which they were. From getting 1x's No less. Whiny little girls is what they are.

The Oval incident system does need work though.
Well... if you are pro than it's actually really easy to lose 1.xx SR. Just go out in a race and get like 8 inc (doesn't even have to be your fault) and you'll end up with it. Quite easy to do at the superspeedways and short tracks, probably not hard to do on a track like VIR or something.
Meh i wish I coulda tryed Iracing but oh well.
Quote from AjRose :The two main reasons the Radical and Mostly the Mazda feel off are Open Diffs and Unrealistic setups.

The Mazda sets generally run under 1" ride height. coupled with an open differential they are a nightmare on the curbs.

I actually really like the radical though. With a Real differential it would be awesome.

i agree, i never had any trouble with the mazda over curbs apart from the realistic issue of the inside wheel lighting up on the tight ones but then i set my setups high enough to make sure i didn't bottom out. once i learnt to feather the throttle slightly if i was using a curb it was fine and i wasn't any slower than i was with the stupid setups as it felt more controlable. as a good guidline for the mazda i found that if you could get a setup from an australian or european racer it would handle the curbs fine . you see people flying off at the last turn at summit in the mazda but i always found it was ok even when running up a lot less wing that other setups

i love the radical, it's just that some of the setups out there seem to try and turn it into a pogo stick, i eventually found that if i stuck to shawn purdey's setups i wouldn't be far off. at i used to alter them slightly to calm the rear down and then as i got used to them work them back to his origninal settings, now i just use them striaght out of the box. like the skippy the key seems to be that rather than setting it up to try to be neutral and prevent oversteer, you set the car up so the oversteer is more predictable and consistent even if in theory you have less grip. certainly the radical at laguna or barber are two of my favourite combinations
Will be interesting to see the new tyre model applied to the Mazda in 3 weeks when the next update comes. I'm hoping the Corvette comes too along with the Indy.

I really enjoy driving the Mazda, especially now I managed my first win on ViR Grand West ---- mainly because the majority of the field crashed
Not to bothered about the Dallara, iRacing has plenty of SS already tbh. I'm hoping the Vette will bring some great racing our way.

Gratz on yer win Andy, remember 'to finish first, first you must finish'.
Quote from anttt69 :

Gratz on yer win Andy, remember 'to finish first, first you must finish'.

133 points for it too... Sadly, being in Div 4 and not that fast, no chance of a certificate this season
oooh certificates when do they start handing those out?
Anyone up for some solstice rating later
Quote from R34GTR :Anyone up for some solstice rating later

How about right now?

Style 0/10
Comfort 0/10
Handling 0/10

amidoinitrite?
Quote from anttt69 :oooh certificates when do they start handing those out?

at the end of the season if you come 1st, 2nd or 3rd in your division
Quote from Luke.S :Meh i wish I coulda tryed Iracing but oh well.

Why can't you try it Luke?
Quote from AjRose :How about right now?

Style 0/10
Comfort 0/10
Handling 0/10

amidoinitrite?

D'oh! Racing haha
Quote from StableX :at the end of the season if you come 1st, 2nd or 3rd in your division

Does Rookie Skip count? if it does then i got one .
Quote from anttt69 :Does Rookie Skip count? if it does then i got one .

There is no such thing as Rookie Series for Skip Barbers, it's a D-level championship that you can attend as a rookie with +4.0 SR.
In short, it does count and expect your certificate soon, got a Skippy certificate myself too
My only cert, a third place in Division 10 ! Certainly not anything to be proud of! Huttu and Towler have nothing to worry about quite yet.
Attached images
oh dear I suck.JPG
Quote from anttt69 :Does Rookie Skip count? if it does then i got one .

if you're driving the skippy and you are in a division for it and come 1st to 3rd, you'll get a certificate
What are the details about these certificates? How much do you get for winning a division? (and do you get the same if you win Division 1 or Division 7?)
Quote from Gnomie :What are the details about these certificates? How much do you get for winning a division? (and do you get the same if you win Division 1 or Division 7?)

you get the same for div 1,2,3 or 7 - a certificate
Quote from StableX :if you're driving the skippy and you are in a division for it and come 1st to 3rd, you'll get a certificate

ok but my division has no number its called rookie?
Quote from StableX :you get the same for div 1,2,3 or 7 - a certificate

D'oh.. I thought they were handing out prize certificates (like $5 iRacing credits or something). I know it used to be like this in the very beginning, so I thought maybe they were going to bring it back.
Won my first Jetta race, even though it was only something like a 5 car field so it wasn't an official race
Unofficial races are the worst. Especially if you only miss the cutoff by one or two cars.

Grats on the win
on the other hand the small field races can let you feel your way into a series without finding yourself in the middle of a pack of hard chargers who give you no mercy
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG