The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from gacek1 :I have a question guys, you let off the throttle while changing gears or you do flat shift (like in LFS)?

Depends on the car...
Williams F1 is now available for pre-sale.
Quote from gacek1 :For example, Mustang and Solstice.

Mustang: Going up you're f*cked without manual clutching, down is okay if you're good at rev matching...

Solstice: better than the Mustang, I'd still recommend manual clutching going up though...
Quote from bbman :Mustang: Going up you're f*cked without manual clutching, down is okay if you're good at rev matching...

Solstice: better than the Mustang, I'd still recommend manual clutching going up though...

Yeah, but i was asking about flat-shifting
Because with flat-shift i sometimes miss a gear, but without i don't.
Nope, I cant flat shift either of those cars. Lift and shift doesn't seem to work to well either. It's clutch on upshifts all the way with those two for me.
Pre-ordered the Williams as soon as I found out it was available!
Quote from Gills4life :Pre-ordered the Williams as soon as I found out it was available!

I was thinking about it, but was hoping for some kind of FW31 + Spa bundle...
Quote from The Moose :Nope, I cant flat shit either of those cars...

Is that some sort of twisted variation to Huutu's little "incident"?

-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321
Great you're only 10 posts late.
Quote from lvlo :It's a hidden settings "CockpitMirrorOptimization" in "renderer.ini" file.

Thanks so much for that hint. I've not seen that anywhere else. I assume you have it set to .5?
I think it has only two options: 1 for ON and 0 for OFF.
Quote from lvlo :I think it has only two options: 1 for ON and 0 for OFF.

"1=render only one mirror per frame"
so 0 is where we want it, correct?
Yes, set it to '0' if you want the cockpit mirrors to match the overall frame rate.
Going back and reading the first page of this thread is pretty hilarious.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Going back and reading the first page of this thread is pretty hilarious.

Indeed I had some pretty strong views on iRacing, especially after I'd tested a beta testers version. Wasn't impressed at all, but i stick by what i said then.

They have certainly improved a hell of a lot since then. Still doesn't feel anywhere near as good as nKPro imo, but it's a complete service and I couldn't imagine racing anywhere else these days.

Hehe, found this on page 1
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Pretty silly. I doubt it'll fly.

Paying extra for new tracks and cars is super ridiculous too.

How wrong you were
just tried to find my first post in this thread but either i missed it or i imagined it, either way i'm sure i was very sceptical about iracing's business plan and ideas, little did i know i'd be a 100% er inside 18 months despite never getting time to race

actually thats another point, in the first posts about iracing by me that i could find, i was far more keen to just jump in and race, i've changed but is it iracing that's changed me or my ongoing post viral fatigue syndrome? i jumped onto LFS recently and did 2 races in a Formula BMW without any practice, was it because i wasn't worried about licence damage or just that the races were only 5 laps. either way i did notice that my driving seemed far easier than it ever did before i went to iracing, is that because i've improved, or iracing's physics are more demanding than LFS ?
Quote from tinvek :........ either way i did notice that my driving seemed far easier than it ever did before i went to iracing, is that because i've improved, or iracing's physics are more demanding than LFS ?

Pretty sure it's because iRacings physics are more demanding.

I must jump into an LFS race and see how I do now. It's been a long, long time since I did an LFS race, but as nothings changed in LFS for ages my old setups will still work, so that's a bonus

I've just spent the last hour reading the start of this thread and it is indeed pretty funny
Dam Traitor,

If I talked like this about Iracing on thier site..just saying
Quote from The Moose :Pretty sure it's because iRacings physics are more demanding.

I must jump into an LFS race and see how I do now. It's been a long, long time since I did an LFS race, but as nothings changed in LFS for ages my old setups will still work, so that's a bonus

I've just spent the last hour reading the start of this thread and it is indeed pretty funny

lets not forget we gotta pay each month..what is I hear "I have to buy cars"?
Quote from AtomAnt :Dam Traitor,

If I talked like this about Iracing on thier site..just saying

Quote from AtomAnt :lets not forget we gotta pay each month..what is I hear "I have to buy cars"?

What are you on about now ?
Quote from AtomAnt :lets not forget we gotta pay each month..what is I hear "I have to buy cars"?

You don't buy cars or buy the game, you pay for time to use the service and for access to the cars. once you're subscription runs out, you have no access to cars or tracks, but your stats are not deleted.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG