The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Not sure about the updates Ant but I think Week 13 should start on 26th October and the Season 4 on 2nd November. Williams FW31 should be released by this time and apparently the MX-5 as well, although I haven't seen any official word about it since I rejoined the other week.
President of iRacing stated on the live stream of the NASCAR iRacing series race that they are re-scanning Daytona 6 months after the repaving, and that they just signed a deal with Iowa Speedway.
if john henry succeeds in taking over liverpool Fc, i wonder if we'll get the superleague formula? if we had all the clubs official colour schemes it may boost european numbers further
Quote from SidiousX : they are re-scanning Daytona 6 months after the repaving

Did you know that Lime Rock was resurfaced & upgraded nearly two & a half years ago yet iRacing have neglected to bring us that update.
Quote from anttt69 :Did you know that Lime Rock was resurfaced & upgraded nearly two & a half years ago yet iRacing have neglected to bring us that update.

Rumour: i heard they will be bringing this + new Sliverstone toghether, when Silverstone pit area etc. is finished.
Quote from anttt69 :Did you know that Lime Rock was resurfaced & upgraded nearly two & a half years ago yet iRacing have neglected to bring us that update.

Tony Gardner addressed that issue though. He said that once Limerock had completed their work they'd go back. I don't think Limerock have absolutely completed stuff yet..... like Silverstone.
Unfortunately thats not true. The work is finished & has been for a long time. iRacing like using the "its not finished excuse" it makes them look better. I contacted LRP a while back & they told me there are no more improvements planned.

I really thought they wanted to be seen as the best & only accurate training tool for racing drivers in the U.S. but seeing them take 3 years to bring an update falls way short of that. They are making themselves out to be something they are not.

I understand that they have been working flat out bringing us lots of great new content & finding time to fit in a semi rescan falls way down thier list but, LRP is only 150miles from thier door & they only need to scan 700metres of track. Obviuosly their priorities lie with the production of new content so any American club racers or fans for that matter will just to have to wait untill they can be bothered.
Quote from anttt69 : Obviuosly their priorities lie with the production of new content so any American club racers or fans for that matter will just to have to wait untill they can be bothered.

Exactly as it should be.

Who would really prefer they rescanned Lime Rock instead of putting all their resources into the new tracks they have planned?

iRacings "training tool" is just the usual marketing talk. Believing it was ever going to be a training tool is like believing Codemasters have made an F1 simulation or Gran Turismo is "The ultimate driving simulator"

All games company's make their games out to be something they are not. Nothing new there.
Quote from anttt69 :
I really thought they wanted to be seen as the best & only accurate training tool for racing drivers in the U.S. but seeing them take 3 years to bring an update falls way short of that. They are making themselves out to be something they are not.

Sounds kind of like another racing sim that we all know of.....

And it really sounds like you have your mind set on hating iRacing, go to another thread.
That's ****ing wicked cool.
Finally, it was about time to put him in a real racecar.
Nice to see, shame he threw up all over himself while driving.
link isnt working for me
Nope, must be my retarded computer then..
Not working for me either.
Are you waiting long enough for it to load?
Quote from PMD9409 :Nice to see, shame he threw up all over himself while driving.

That must have been quite a shitty experience lol.

It definitely added to the story though lol. The only time I get sick feeling like that is when I'm not in control. I wonder if he was so overwhelmed by the feeling of driving by instinct only that it made him sick. Could have just been the rollercoaster of a racetrack though.

I've had that feeling before. I get out of shape in a car and its definitely not my conscious brain telling my limbs how to react. Makes me wonder sometimes if that means I'm good, or really just don't know what I'm doing
If he was knackered then he'd have a harder time keeping it down.

Racing with glasses doesn't help.

He did real good though. He beat the normal driver's qualify time from this year, and he would've qualified 1st in his age bracket (30-44, expert class). That car is not capable of doing 1:20s like the front runners, that's for sure.
Got it working when I ran it through firefox instead of chrome. Interesting read and feel chuffed for him!
Is there a way to see the results for a race that you weren't in and none of your friends/studied were in? The only way I've found is to dig through the series standings and study a bunch of people, then search for their results. There must be a better way.

I'm trying to get a feel for the field sizes of the Mustang and Jetta races on Thursday nights (Eastern US time). I'm trying to decide which car to buy and field size is one of the factors.
Quote from SidiousX :Sounds kind of like another racing sim that we all know of.....
And it really sounds like you have your mind set on hating iRacing, go to another thread.

Really which sim is that then?
If you'd like to point out how you manage to interpret the truth as hating im all ears.

Nice story about Huttu, i knew he would not be able to hack it physically. Cant believe he's never driven a hot hatch or even been on a race track is his entire life. Sounds like a stereotypical geek.
Quote from Danke :Is there a way to see the results for a race that you weren't in and none of your friends/studied were in? The only way I've found is to dig through the series standings and study a bunch of people, then search for their results. There must be a better way.

I'm trying to get a feel for the field sizes of the Mustang and Jetta races on Thursday nights (Eastern US time). I'm trying to decide which car to buy and field size is one of the factors.

You'd be better off with the Mustang I think.
The Jetta doesn't have that much interest, and only races 3 days a week.
The 'Stang always seems to have a large number of entrants for pretty much every race.
Quote from anttt69 :Really which sim is that then?
If you'd like to point out how you manage to interpret the truth as hating im all ears.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with an L, and ends with a ive For Speed.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG