The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
i think the transmission in the mustang is from a more powerfull version that can withstand race usage better, so the gearing is "slightly" too high.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Got the 3months for $12 mail yesterday, but I renewed my sub 2 days before of course... Luckily the code still worked yesterday evening, even if was for inactive accounts only... :P Soo spent $24 and I'm subbed for 4 months now.

Saw this as well and I'm definitely going to go for the $12 deal. Going to wait until the last possible moment to re-sub though. I want to try the MX5 and waiting as long as possible will give me the best chance in case the release is delayed.
Quote from spanks :In the mustang? Its basically a modified street car with a stock drivetrain. The factory trans is far from a racing gear box.

Quote from tinvek :i think the transmission in the mustang is from a more powerfull version that can withstand race usage better, so the gearing is "slightly" too high.

It's a stock mustang, but they put the transmission that is in the GT500 into it.
WTF with iRacing seriosuly.
My connection is superfine all the race except for the starts, lag lag lag lag and more lag. And really is killing me, getting 10+ positions after 5th start place.
Quote from chanoman315 :WTF with iRacing seriosuly.
My connection is superfine all the race except for the starts, lag lag lag lag and more lag. And really is killing me, getting 10+ positions after 5th start place.

Sounds like a graphics issue Mr Chano. Try reducing the settings a little then trying again.
Quote from StableX :Sounds like a graphics issue Mr Chano. Try reducing the settings a little then trying again.

The problem is, when I first played the game (2months ago iirc) I had no issues at all

What does it mean the:
L
Q
S
that appear there?
L= latency (ping )
Q= quality (probably % of packets recieved)
S= skew (time syncronization between server and you)

Connection issues more often than not are caused by your ISP or your ISP's backbone provider (if you haven't done anything different and had a solid connection in the past) and is worth alerting them, depending on the quality of service your ISP gives you their response will range from 'there's nothing wrong our end it must be you!' to 'we will investigate the issue and get back to you'

This is even true in relation to specific services I've had issues with connectivity to LFS in the past while all else was good and it turned out to be an ISP problem with a router.

If you only have bad net stats at the start of a race though I'd also first look to PC performance with a full grid of cars as a possibility.

How long has it been happening? As iRacings ISP has recently upgraded a lot of their equipment and that could possibly cause ongoing issuses for some...
How long, since i renewed my membership. And before it never happened, but I will try lowering the settings.
also bad connections become more apparent when there are more things that have to have their positions altered, eg cars at a start, once your up and running and the field is a bit spread you don;t notice the issues so much.

as was said though check with your ISP, my ping to iracing went through the roof a while back, it was that bad the australian servers were a better ping, and i almost changed ISP but thought to contact them first, turned out they were doing some ongoing maintenace / upgrades and as a result were having to route some american traffic via a roundabout route, two weeks later, a week earlier than predicted, it improved and was actually 10% better than it had ever been.
I've finally bitten the bullet and signed up. I've done a grand total of one TT session at Laguna Seca in the rookie Soltice - 7 laps no incidents! My best was a jaw-dropping 1:55 something. I haven't checked but it's probably 25 seconds off the WR

I know a lot of people here aren't crazy about the feel of the Soltice, but it felt a lot like an XRG to me, which is a good thing in my book. I'll try my first real race sometime later this week.
1:55.. I think that's only 12 or 13 seconds off

I do actually love the Solstice as well. It's definitely my favourite car to drive in any sim (a close second is the XRG )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :1:55.. I think that's only 12 or 13 seconds off

Since when did the Solstice get that quick? In beta (last time I really drove the car tbh) we were running 47s. They changed the gears once on the car IIRC, but it didn't make it run 42s did it?
Quote from PMD9409 :Since when did the Solstice get that quick? In beta (last time I really drove the car tbh) we were running 47s. They changed the gears once on the car IIRC, but it didn't make it run 42s did it?

42's.. I got mixed with something else.. 45's are the current WR for the Rookie Solstice. My PB is still only a low low low 48... I'm slow as shit though
Quote from dawesdust_12 :42's.. I got mixed with something else.. 45's are the current wr for the rookie solstice. My pb is still only a low low low 48... I'm slow as shit though

Your sig is wrong again.
Quote from Danke :

I know a lot of people here aren't crazy about the feel of the Soltice, but it felt a lot like an XRG to me, which is a good thing in my book. I'll try my first real race sometime later this week.

The Solstice is one of the most real feeling cars in iRacing. I would go so far as to say it is perfect... (in terms of accuracy - it's not that awesome of a car )

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :hm mustang feels alot better and i've tried Zandavort (sp?) both felt ok still a bit strange almost feels like driving blind after all the help you get with LFS also gears are really bugging me, not only the gear change but you don't seem to get a great selection of gears either!

On the FR500S the top of 6th gear is set for about 220 MPH. Both 5th and 6th are overdrive gears, and 4th is 1:1.

But thankfully, unlike the Solstice (which also has terrible gearing), the Mustang has boatloads of torque. So don't worry if you have 3800 RPM at the apex - you'll still get a good launch. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxxM4q8OSTo
Heh, yeah, that's a nice clip if you want to have an idea what iR feels like in some sense. Good clip for that bracket.
I was going to say you have too much patience, but I see it sorta paid off this time.
I probably would have run into that white car that rejoined in front of you and wouldn't let you by. I might have also plowed into him at the apex on accident.

I hate cars joining the track at Lime Rock....especially 3 wide lol. There is hardly room for 2 cars in T1.
It's a hidden settings "CockpitMirrorOptimization" in "renderer.ini" file.
Summit Point & Mustang = awesome fun.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Summit Point & Mustang = awesome fun.

Nah, Ill stick to the skippy, Im too slow in the mustang, allthough its fun :P
The day we take advice on iRacing from you son is the day everyone here packs up and goes home...
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG