The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Jeez, fastest qualifying time so far is 1.18.9xx. My best is a 1.19.5xx. I'll get better tomorrow I think, done for tonight.
Race didn't go so well ken?
Nope, ran over the curb too high in the fast left before the uphill, and spun it sideways, i was right behind him and had no where to go.
Quote from racer hero :Nope, ran over the curb too high in the fast left before the uphill, and spun it sideways, i was right behind him and had no where to go.

Ken, you were blisteringly quick in your first practice with a 1:20..... brilliant!
Quote from racer hero :Jeez, fastest qualifying time so far is 1.18.9xx. My best is a 1.19.5xx. I'll get better tomorrow I think, done for tonight.

Are Mazda's @ Laguna this week or next?
edit: damn looks like i missed it, i will hang on till next season. Plenty of time to progress.
This week, Milwaukee Mile is next week.
Now im confused, i'm racing the Skip at the mo & on the schedule thats week 5, Lowes road right.
So week 5 for Mazda is Laguna which will end tomorrow?

Why cant they just put dates on the schedule instead of week numbers?? How are you even supposed to know when week x is?
Go to the Series page and click the + sign. It shows all the start dates for each track.
Quote from anttt69 :Now im confused, i'm racing the Skip at the mo & on the schedule thats week 5, Lowes road right.
So week 5 for Mazda is Laguna which will end tomorrow?

Why cant they just put dates on the schedule instead of week numbers?? How are you even supposed to know when week x is?

all you need to remember is that the weeks end on a monday night (in the uk) which may seem stupid but was brought in as people complained about the tracks changing durring a weekend, as it happens it actually mirrors real life with bankholiday meetings or rain delayed sunday races.

with the exception of the jetta, all series are in sync with each other so if your series is on week 5 then all the others will be on week 5
http://members.iracing.com/ifo ... Season%203%20schedule.htm

The link won't work unless you're already in the forum, but yeah, complete schedule. As long as you know at least one car/track combo that is running that week you can figure everything else out without much trouble. If only they had lined up the Jetta series with everything else...
Quote from racer hero :This week, Milwaukee Mile is next week.

am looking forward to this week in the mazda
Bah. Milwaukee would be great fun, but it's one of the tracks I won't have until I re-sub next week...
After having another shocker in the Mazda, (god that car just brings up all of iRacing's flaws, I'd like it to go burn in hell for eternity please) I decided to use $15 of my remaining $25 credits to get the Jetta. Man. So much more fun. I've only done a few laps at Laguna, but it's nice to be able to push a car without it snapping away from you before you have a chance to see what happened. In fact I might get Sebring for next week...
Quote from DaveWS :After having another shocker in the Mazda, (god that car just brings up all of iRacing's flaws, I'd like it to go burn in hell for eternity please) I decided to use $15 of my remaining $25 credits to get the Jetta. Man. So much more fun. I've only done a few laps at Laguna, but it's nice to be able to push a car without it snapping away from you before you have a chance to see what happened. In fact I might get Sebring for next week...

my only gripe with the jetta is that the sound isn't high enough.....
I think its more a case of the tyre squeal sounds are too high, like in all cars IMO.
Quote from DaveWS :After having another shocker in the Mazda, (god that car just brings up all of iRacing's flaws, I'd like it to go burn in hell for eternity please) I decided to use $15 of my remaining $25 credits to get the Jetta. Man. So much more fun. I've only done a few laps at Laguna, but it's nice to be able to push a car without it snapping away from you before you have a chance to see what happened. In fact I might get Sebring for next week...

if you stick with the mazda and find someone who generates setups you like, it's actually a very forgiving car and you can run really close to each other.

just watch out for the aero push, especially at milwaukee, when you get right behind someone, far better to run offset half a car width through the corners and if possible try to cope with a loose setup so the aero doesnt make you too tight. another trick for milwaukee is try to set the thing up for as much mechanical front end grip as possible as this also helps reduce the aero effect
I've been practicing some quali runs for Milwaukee, but can't get under 26.8xx. Any tips just to get me started?
Quote from titanLS :Bah. Milwaukee would be great fun, but it's one of the tracks I won't have until I re-sub next week...

You can resub whenever and it adds on to your remaining time. A lot of people think they have to wait and use up the time they already have.
Quote from Vendetta :A very fast time is around 2:10.xx

A 2:10x would be like an alien on meth.

An Italian Guy owns it at 2:12.243. Gooden was crackin a joke saying 2:09:99 just to get under those guys skin for skin. He hadn't even posted a full lap at that point :-)

- Jay
Quote from spanks :You can resub whenever and it adds on to your remaining time. A lot of people think they have to wait and use up the time they already have.

Just waiting for $$$ to come through so I can swing a full year again without having to worry about it.

same feeling

i don't remember it being such a bitch when i tried it about a year ago.
Quote from racer hero :I've been practicing some quali runs for Milwaukee, but can't get under 26.8xx. Any tips just to get me started?

my best is a 26.7 in prac. If that's my time then you should be certainly a bit faster.. I'll look for the set I have used. I think I already added it to the download area of our site Ken.
Quote from JasonL220 :same feeling

i don't remember it being such a bitch when i tried it about a year ago.

Yup. It's quite bizarre, because I have no problem whatsoever pushing the Lotus to and past it's limit. In the Mazda I can get away with the most ludicrous of corrections at times, and other times a tiny balancing correction is met with instadeath. I reckon I have a WTF moment one in every 5-10 laps in it. Not good. So I think I'm done with it.

My favorite cars for now are definately the Skippy, Lotus, and now the Jetta as well. In LFS I tend to prefer the faster more challenging cars, simply due to how much more rewarding they are, but in iRacing the Jetta is so much fun in that pushing over the limit is very low risk compared to the Mazda. I've bought Sebring now, driven 10 laps or so so far, pretty good fun.
Good god, take a small break from simracing and I've lost the ability to drive.
SR now down to 1.35 due to random spins and offs while trying to learn how to drive Skippy again. Down to 1:21.535 on Lowe's which is not where I want to be, but at least I'm having lots of fun.
Quote from DaveWS :I think its more a case of the tyre squeal sounds are too high, like in all cars IMO.

FWIW, when I saw the TDI Jettas in real life at Mid Ohio, you could only hear the tires, the engines are really quiet.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG