The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
If any one is thinking of getting iRacing please send your referrals my way.
Please pm me for my email.

Thank you
Question, on this Radical free trial thingy, the E-mail I got says the credit card is being used for name confirmation, but I'll be using my parent's card. How does that work? Can I use my own name or will I have to use my dad's name? (lol)
Quote from MadCat360 :Question, on this Radical free trial thingy, the E-mail I got says the credit card is being used for name confirmation, but I'll be using my parent's card. How does that work? Can I use my own name or will I have to use my dad's name? (lol)

It will use your dad's name, but once you register you can call or e-mail iRacing support for your display name to be changed.
Cool thanks.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :What you’re basically saying’s sucky sucky, 10 dollar! On a serious note; apparently if you use Paypal, after your months trial, your subscription won’t automatically renew unlike if you paid with a credit card.

And if you looked in your options you can untick so it does not auto renew.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :What you’re basically saying’s sucky sucky, 10 dollar!

1. I'm only asking.
2. I'm not offering oral pleasure.
3. Thats a bit rich coming from a tight fisted demo racer such as yourself.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
How about I give you guys professionals to do "the works" for a referral?

Do I win?
:feedtroll he seems to think he's some kind of comical genius ??
in case anyone's not seen it, here's the video of the press conference for the launch of indycars on iracing

http://www.facebook.com/video/ ... v=123400255826&ref=nf

you've got to love the man from dallara saying how iracing are pushing them harder than the teams for information on the car. also justin wilson is a damm fine spokesman for iracing
It was cool to hear Justin talking about using iRacing for training. I always wonder how realistic sims are compared to real life since I will never actually get to drive a race car, and he sure makes it sound like using iRacing helps him out when he gets to the track. I'm just never sure if drivers are just saying things to promote the product.
One of the main reasons I bought iRacing was to familiarize myself with the layout of various tracks before I visit them. I find taking an active role in getting around the track, even in a virtual environment, is more beneficial for me than just watching youtube videos.

The first tracks I visited virtually before going for real were VIR North and South. There's definitely a slightly different feel between virtual and real (and in my case car vs. bike) but a lot of the the basics match up.
Quote from tinvek :in case anyone's not seen it, here's the video of the press conference for the launch of indycars on iracing

http://www.facebook.com/video/ ... v=123400255826&ref=nf

you've got to love the man from dallara saying how iracing are pushing them harder than the teams for information on the car. also justin wilson is a damm fine spokesman for iracing

thanks for the link. Just watched the whole thing..... Justin was very honest it seemed.
Well I just did my first Solstice race in the 1-month trail. I started 5th out of 7 I believe and I ended up 3rd after Andretti at Laguna. I moved up to 2nd after a couple laps but then I spun, then I spun again, then I spun and I crashed into the wall and just pulled into the pits. :/ I presume my safety rating took a big hit...

Game is really good though. I can't judge it completely yet because my Porsche wheel isn't here yet, but it seems to shame pretty much everything else I've played. The SRF is utterly impossible to drive... maybe with FFB it'll be better.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :but it isn’t the best sim out there, so it certainly doesn’t justify their double whammy subscription model.

I'm intrigued... what is the best sim out there for you, and why?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
My next race went better... I got 2nd. Then 2 minutes ago I had some dunce try my on the outside into corkscrew. I don't know if he hit me or not, but I half-spun for whatever reason and t-boned him at the apex.
Quote from carey :NK-pro. My reasoning behind this is purely feel, in that it’s the only racing game that has given me the same connection, which you have in real life between the car and the track. Of course this is just my opinion, but I’ve noticed that relative novices (that I know) say the same thing, which’s unusual as normally sims divide opinion and don’t unite drivers of differing levels.

yeah, I know what you mean.... from a feel point, NKP is excellent and the tyre physics are superb (let's hope LFS takes note from how awesome Nkp tyre physics are when they update). iRacing though is a complete package and from that point I do think it's excellent (though still needs work!!)
Quote from StableX :I'm intrigued... what is the best sim out there for you, and why?

NetKarPRO, in it's latest guise 1.1. The feel is....right. OK there's lots not quite up to speed yet but it's being worked on by...an artist.

It might have been me saying that or it mat have been a bottle of Cabernet Syrah. I'll get back to you in the morning
I've always found NKP to be atrocious to drive. I've tried the demo 3 different times...just re downloaded it just now and I still hate it.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
I haffto drive like a granny to even make it around Monaco. I'm totally gonna get last place in GPC. Also the F1600 feels wrong in the 1.11 demo (far far far too understeery), whereas the 1.03 F1600 feels a bit better. Still think NKP has one of the best driving models around for overall physics feel.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Monaco does not seem to work with 1.1 as it did with 1.03. It has way more bumpiness. But thought this is the iracing thread, do the discussion about nkp in the nkp thread.
anyone practicing Jetta @ VIR yet?
Quote from anttt69 :anyone practicing Jetta @ VIR yet?

Nop, need Jetta first, oh... and VIR. But I have enough of diesel engine in my daily car.. joking

oooh, I will be soon. What a combo!

Yeah, it's a lot of fun despite the massive difficulty. Got a fast replay you can upload?
Thats the thing i have no times to compare against. So I dont even know if im fast or just average?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG