The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
if you're running mazda, concentrate on staying on track for a full race distance and staying out of trouble, loads of people racing it, plenty are fast, plenty fall off track, plenty hit things, so you don't have to worry about being in an inappropriate split too often and most of the speed in it comes from being comfortable so the more laps the better.

oh and enjoy yourself, quite possible the most fun "road" car there is in iracing
Quote from tinvek :
oh and enjoy yourself, quite possible the most fun "road" car there is in iracing

....and quite possibly got the biggest bunch of idiots driving it of any car in the sim.
**** Iracing!

I was holding my line outside and some super retard just slams into my side and I roll wtf
Attached images
FFS.PNG
iRacing hates me.

Got an offer for 3 months at $18, $15.50 with the credits I had. Unfortunately I cannot stay connected for more than about 30 secs before a throughput failed message.

Support are looking into it :/

Any help appreciated, I'm not having any joy with searching their forums for solutions.
Damn, the Star Mazda is pretty hard to handle. Or maybe I have a crap setup.

But that hasn't stopped me doing over 50 laps already on brands

Anyone got a good setup for brands? *hint, hint Mr Moose*
Cheers Moose

I think I'm slowly beginning to understand the Mazda, seems like a completely different animal from the FOX here in LFS.
Quote from adamlfs :Cheers Moose

.. the England section of the iRacing forums is a good place to get setups. It's also the sanest place in the iRacing forums, and a great place for venting your frustrations at the Italians and French

(sorry to our Italian and French friends... but if you didn't all drive like maniacs we'd have no need to talk about you :schwitz
Once again thanks Moose

I've managed a 1.20.8xx so far, it took me 12 laps till I could finish a clean one :P

Them sets are pretty handy :P Time for quali then races.
I used my Mosport setup and was able to keep it on track once I re-learned the track a lil.

The Mazda's are a hell of a lot of fun. The only thing holding me back from competing in them this week is the fact that I don't know the track, and I'm having much more success and fun in the Prototype Challenge.
Ah thanks Jason, I think I still have a bit of trouble keeping the car in control. Don't know if its the same for anyone else here, but is it normal if you take a slightly wrong line; to then spin the car lol. Or aleast the rear gets light then its almost an instance spin :P

After doing so more practice today, I now have a predicted time of 1.20.1xx I hope I can do that in quali and then manage a 1.19.high
Quote from adamlfs :the Mazda, seems like a completely different animal from the FOX here in LFS.

Hmmm the FOX is modeled after the much less powerful FRenault 2.0, OTOH the Mazda has a better power/weight figure than a F3
Yeah, I realise it's not quite the same vehicle but its the closest match

I think its a case of I need to keep concentrated during a race, then maybe I can keep the car under control :P
After last nights enlightening documentary about capitalism & corruption in the USA. I thought i would bring this little oversight to the fore:

iRacing makes this claim when you subscribe for standard content:

Quote :Unlimited racing in officially sanctioned races or in member hosted races – you can even host your own race

Obviously this statement is false & misleading, can i sue?
Quote from anttt69 :

Obviously this statement is false & misleading, can i sue?

I might still be suffering from the excess drink, but how is that statement false or misleading?
iRacings entire pricing structure is based on limitations. The racing @ rookie/standard content level is very limited. Unlimited would mean no restrictions.
TBH you do get unlimited racing in sanctioned races and member hosted races. No where does it say that there's one going on all the time
Quote from anttt69 : The racing @ rookie/standard content level is very limited.

Unlimited means the amount of racing you can do.

You can go from one race to another 24/7 with the demo content. I'd hardly call that limited.
Tempted to take advantage of the renew offer for 3 months, though I deleted the email, what is it? :P
Quote from The Moose :Unlimited means the amount of racing you can do.

It does not stipulate what the 'unlimited' refers to. So it could be interpreted either way. To me unlimited means no restrictions, so the claim is false. It should say 'Unlimited racing using basic content' but it does not.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Go iRacing again and SAVE 50%!
Promo Code: PRWW7F945NQGQBUUZHB8SXN49MX

I thought the whole code thing was a random one given to your email, least the code I have is different. So I guess if you have used that Taylor then R34GTR can't use it? I dunno.

I think i've finally found the perfect setup for brands with the Mazda, shame there are way too many morons driving this series like you said Moose.

Constantly get blocked on fast laps, idiots re-join infront of you.. And yeah a number of hot headed italians Nothing against them
Quote from anttt69 :It does not stipulate what the 'unlimited' refers to. So it could be interpreted either way. To me unlimited means no restrictions, so the claim is false. It should say 'Unlimited racing using basic content' but it does not.

But it does say in order to race the other cars/tracks they need to be purchased and downloaded.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :But it does say in order to race the other cars/tracks they need to be purchased and downloaded.

I bought the V8 and Skippy but can't race them
Quote from boothy :I bought the V8 and Skippy but can't race them

But thats a Skill issue mate
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG