The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Jason on his way to the kart meet 2010
I have officially learned too much about Jason. Can we please go back on to the correct topic now?
Quote from PMD9409 :Can we please go back on to the correct topic now?

Good call..

I heard you dominated a truck race with Douglas on that set we were using Did you change the gearing on it, after it blew up on you in testing? Or was it just you failing?
I still have no idea what made that thing blow up in practice. I ran it in race and absolutely went from the back to the front under green. Then once I got in the lead I could pull a 4-5 second lead pretty much no problem. Truck never changed "feeling" from beginning or end of stint.
Quote from PMD9409 :I still have no idea what made that thing blow up in practice. I ran it in race and absolutely went from the back to the front under green. Then once I got in the lead I could pull a 4-5 second lead pretty much no problem. Truck never changed "feeling" from beginning or end of stint.

Never changed? Just ran my first race race and I pulled a 4 second lead then it got sooo tight.. the fronts were destroyed and two people got me, pitted changed tires under caution and pwnd them, then failed and got loose which put me at the back and under caution again.. then I was working my way back through the pack, as my start pace seemed to be awesome compared to everyone else, got side swiped by some guy and didn't finish :'(
I had similar problem on Pocono, did 4 laps and on start of 5th it just exploded. Checked temps and they were sky high, don't know why.
Pocono I was the same, pulled away at the start of stint, pulled away even more later in the stint.

You have to learn how to conserve your tires, as that's sometimes what its all about. When I enter the corner, I never turn left, my wheel is placed in the center and I control how much I turn through the throttle. When I was done with a 45 lap stint my tires were:
90-91 Lefts
78 RF
79 RR

At Pocono I could do a 25 lap run and be 90-92 still on the right sides, just gotta be smooth.

Oh and btw, don't go flat out. No point eventhough you can, thats when you burn off your tires.
Oh i see, you're talking about tyres... i thought it's all about engine.
Quote from PMD9409 :Pocono I was the same, pulled away at the start of stint, pulled away even more later in the stint.

You have to learn how to conserve your tires, as that's sometimes what its all about. When I enter the corner, I never turn left, my wheel is placed in the center and I control how much I turn through the throttle. When I was done with a 45 lap stint my tires were:
90-91 Lefts
78 RF
79 RR

At Pocono I could do a 25 lap run and be 90-92 still on the right sides, just gotta be smooth.

Oh and btw, don't go flat out. No point eventhough you can, thats when you burn off your tires.

So what times were you running off the start while lifiting? I was doing 30.0xx at the start and that gained me loads of time compared to everyone else.. Untill my tyres died even my 31.117 qually time put me on pole somehow
Well on short runs I could run a 29.7 if I wanted to. In that race however my best was like a 29.992. No point in rushing off the start, 30 flats will do until the field spreads out, and then you just get everyone one by one.
I'm useless in the Trucks at Texas, my setup either has a ridiculous push or is so loose that I spin almost every lap, and no amount of tweaking I have done can change it to something in the middle. Great fun though, just not quite as fun as Michigan. I'm desperate to get a win in the Trucks, once I get 1 I should start getting more.
-
(racer hero) DELETED by racer hero
Pretty sure 29.7 is pole Phil, so why don't you have it!? Nooooob.
Because I choose not to? It was my first race and only did 8 lap stints on the set, so I wasn't going to be a moving chicane like others turned out to be. Plus I feel much better when I don't need to Q on pole in order to win the race. :rolleyes:
You won't run 7s in qualifying. Berry won't even run 7s without draft.
Interlagos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh

during the second half of 2011, where my birthday is!!

It's a birthday gift from iracing for me!!!

Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
No tyre model in the next build though, so it looks like I'll stick with the Truck.

To explain, iRacing TV Ep 7 is out, includes details of an LMP2 car, Interlagos, Sprint car, F-Mod sound thing and the ability to repair damage in a pit-stop.
I got the feeling, that Scawen is really working for iR and LFS at the same time.
Quote from Kid222 :I got the feeling, that Scawen is really working for iR and LFS at the same time.

gotta be true
No driver changes.
Quote from PMD9409 :No driver changes.

Fingers crossed the LMP will force them to consider adding that feature...
Quote from UncleBenny :

Two of my favorite road courses (Suzuka and Interlagos) coming in the same year.

I agree, with Spa thats 3 of my favourite tracks and 3 of the great tracks F1 goes to, couldn't ask for a better selection.
Quote from DeKo :
To explain, iRacing TV Ep 7 is out, includes details of an LMP2 car, Interlagos, Sprint car, F-Mod sound thing and the ability to repair damage in a pit-stop.

LOL

And here I was wondering at the pits why the damage wasn't repaired

Loving the Solstice in the Rookie level at Charlotte(As long as I am NOT banging it against the barriersxD)
IRacing support are doing my head in, they are just completely ignoring any e-mails I send, haven't received a reply at all, and now I'm going to have to phone up, which will cost a fucking fortune, just to get them to do something that a fucking trained monkey could do.

Really good way to treat customers, fucking idiots.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG