The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
The one with the stealth "wheel missing" footage / teaser damage and whatnot. My feed says 10 hours ago; I am surprized as balls (bollocks for you English folk) that nobody has commented yet. Usually it takes only seconds.

Edit: Confirmed this one is with in-sim sounds.

Edit2: This is confirming the car's release in Nov, and if it actually does sound the way it does in this fecking stream then I'll be surprized. At the end you can hear some soundstepping so it is in fact not Rl sound.

I have had 3 boilermakers, so if this turns out false: I claim immunity. Nonetheless, it's good food for thought.

Or whatever.

Meat... Fire.... mmmm....
Ok guys i've tried iracing a few times now, i have never got the feel for it really just never felt quite right to be at all but with LFS as it is atm thought i might give it a proper go this time the only content i've bought so far is the Z06 and Brands and the corvette doesn't feel too good either tbh. So what car and track do you guys reccomend that might convert me? And maybe some good wheel settings for G25?
Well.

If you want to just piss around, I'd say the Skip Barber and the track of your choice. Hell, just run that shit around around Lime Rock sans chicane and use proper feedback settings - if you don't feel the love, then that's how it goes.

But if you don't feel said love, I'd adjust those settings because it makes LFS look amateur at this point when run right.

Bear in mind that if you've grown accustomed to the LFS "feel" of "turn now, happens later" then it'll take some time to get used to. I'd suggest a week of cold turkey iRacing to allow the average brain to acclimatise.
I don't really fancy the skip barber i was thinking more Jetta, V8 or Mustang. Maybe the Mazda but thought i might wait for the Williams instead. Any reccomendations for the 3 above?
I don't much like the skippy (Personal preference). The Mazda is fun, the Jetta is pretty fun as well (for a FWD car).. V8 is a handfull and the mustang is fun.
Mustang and skippy are awesome.
Tracks? Mid-Ohio, Rd.Atlanta, Zandvoot, Summit Point.
The Jetta is crap. Is good for a taxi ride but not for racing.
The skip and Mustang are fun. The V8 ? i dont know

Tracks :
Zandvoort,LimeRock,Watkins Glenn,rd atlanta,rd america
I love the V8SC but I guess it's an aquired taste think LX6 on steriods

Also love the SCCA Spec Racer Ford, think RAC for handling but feels more right at limit

The Mustang, comparable to the XRR in feel but doesn't feel right to me mid corner but maybe I just haven't given it enough attention, you'll get a lot more online activity with it than with the V8SC though...

Star Mazda feels good but have only done a few laps in it, I hear that the lotus79 is good too. The trick is finding a car you like that is also popular with the masses, sound familiar to LFS yet lol

Fortunately for me being an aussie the V8SC is supported in my time zone better than most others

I didn't much like the Jetta...

As for wheel settings, you should pretty much have the same logitec profiler settings as you would in LFS:

Overall Strength - 103%
all others activated but set to 0% (centering, etc)
I used to drive in LFS with 340deg wheel rotation in iRacing I find 540deg gives about the same feel, so I'd say as a rule of thumb try 1.3-1.6x your LFS setting for wheel rotation.

In iRacing I set the FFB between 8 and 12 depending on car.

One of the biggest differences between iRacing and LFS is that there is no adjustment for max brake pressure and to be honest I can see that this could have a negative impact on how LFSer's appreciate iRacing as wheel lock ups are extremly easy in comparison and severly affect driving performance and car handling (as you would expect) if you already have a brake pedal mod (such as a load cell or the nixim mod) you will find it a lot easier to transition than if you have the original g25 pedals as out of the box.
Got the 3months for $12 mail yesterday, but I renewed my sub 2 days before of course... Luckily the code still worked yesterday evening, even if was for inactive accounts only... :P Soo spent $24 and I'm subbed for 4 months now.
Quote from Glenn67 :Also love the SCCA Spec Racer Ford, think RAC for handling but feels more right at limit

Oh yeah, the Spec is a lotta fun.
So Mustang or Mazda? Is the Jetta popular? Thinking maybe FWD is the way to go on this one for the consistancy?
Mustang is one of the most popular at the moment, so as much as I don't want to that would be the one I'd recomend out of the ones you mention, seconded by the Mazda, the Jetta isn't as popular as it used to be...
Ok heard good things about the Mustang so...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Ok heard good things about the Mustang so...

Give it another two or three hundred horsepower and it would be alright nah I think you want be disapointed m8
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :So Mustang or Mazda? Is the Jetta popular? Thinking maybe FWD is the way to go on this one for the consistancy?

What cars do you like in LFS? Mustang and Mazda are two completely different cars. Both cars are popular so theres always races going on but you have to decide between a high downforce Formula car and the Mustang which is more like a BMW M3 or something like that, I found both cars alot of fun to drive. The Mustang feels like taking a powerful road car out on track. Lots of slipstreaming, you should not be afraid of racing closely and always be ready to deal with getting a little bump/nudge every now and then.
I like almost all RWD cars in LFS but iRacing feels nothing like LFS, the Z06 i probably would love in LFS but in iRacing i really don't like it. The only car i feel somewhat comfortable with but still really slow in is the Solatice.
Solstice and Mustang handle in similar ways imo as do the SRF and V8SC.
I love both the Mazda and the Stang.
aparently the z06 has really light steering and brakes in real life so maybe it's actually more accurate than people think, same as with the lotus with all the complaints about the steering being too responsive and too light and then david brabham drives one in autosport (possibly the one scanned? ) and comments on how he drove it using just his wrists.

personally i feel that a lot of the cars won't feel right till we get the new tyre model, in the same way that scanwen won't release the scirocco till the new tyre models available in LFS because th e real world suspension shows up the current model's inadequacies.
Have you tried the fixed setup series for the c6r? The setups have been great from the few laps I have done. I could not get the car around the track when it first came out. They've done quite a few tweaks to it and it feels much better now. Its still a beast, but its much more reasonable.
Quote from spanks :Have you tried the fixed setup series for the c6r? The setups have been great from the few laps I have done. I could not get the car around the track when it first came out. They've done quite a few tweaks to it and it feels much better now. Its still a beast, but its much more reasonable.

+1 if they could just find a way to allow the +/- 3% brake adjust in the cockpits of the fixed cars i think they'd be very popular as complaints about brake bias seem to be the only thing holding them back.

and if you want to build a setup, the fixed set is a good place to start at for most circuits.
?
hm mustang feels alot better and i've tried Zandavort (sp?) both felt ok still a bit strange almost feels like driving blind after all the help you get with LFS also gears are really bugging me, not only the gear change but you don't seem to get a great selection of gears either!
In the mustang? Its basically a modified street car with a stock drivetrain. The factory trans is far from a racing gear box.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG