The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Tested with both Visa Electron and Visa Debit and they work fine.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Hopefully a kind person will invite me the next time the invites go out. I have a question that they don't seem to answer on the site, what type of payments do they accept? I have a Maestro debit card and paypal, but if needed I could get my dad to put it on his credit card, knowing how fussy Americans are with that sort of thing.

They accept UK Debit Cards as long as it has got the Visa sign. If not you can use your fathers card but your name will be the name on the card until you ask iracing support to change it.
Ive heard a few people talking about adding ram for this game.

I have 1gig of ram, is this not enough? Is my PC enough (see specs below) to ENJOY gameplay? If not, what should I up-grade? I dont know much of anything about computers, Im not even sure if the specs below are what I needed to post. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

System Model: Dell DXP051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 350MB used, 2108MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7800 GTX
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Quote from Nick A :
I'm not really enjoying the Legends car. It is a thrill to drive in some respects because it's pretty twitchy but I don't seem to be able to find a rhythm in it. I don't think I'll be driving it again, especially because I find the Solstice feels very realistic which gets me really immersed in the game. I think if I was American and understood what the Legends is about I would enjoy it more, but as it is I can relate to the Solstice so much better.

I love the Legends car on Road Tracks, I think they race them in the UK too. It is very light and twitchy to drive, from the onboard cameras you see drivers having there hands full. I try to brake with a little bit of throttle, then turn in alot, almost throw it into the corner, then let it settle a bit, keep a smooth line into the corner, steer the car out of the corner with the throttle, sometimes four wheel drift out of it like this guy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MvIosHMhhGs
George, you have a PM
legend car at lowe's infield is one of the best combos in the game imo

in fact I'm off to have some fun there right now I used to play there a lot before I bought the radical and skippy and sears point
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They wonder why the country is in so much debt, too much reliance on credit cards! Credit Cards are bad, anything with credit in the name should be avoided if you want to stay out of debt in my opinion. I will have to see what its like, hopefully my card will be accepted because its Natwest and they are good for online banking, if not I will pikey my dads card and give him the cash.

Off topic but thats not strictly true, managable debt is fine, and if payment is made and it's within limts then debt can be a good thing to have. The problem is that many get into deep debt, and strugle to make payments, they then get a quick fix by getting excisive loans with high APR %, and then the cycle gets deeper and harder to get out.

back On topic, loving the legends on road racing, twitchy beggers meaning full concentration for a race, leaves me drained after each race.
th84: Your specs look just fine, I don't think you'll have any problems.

By the way, does it look like week 13 is beginning to cool down and many people are starting to run practise sessions for next week? (I do)
OK. Thanks for the reply.
Quote from Crommi :th84: Your specs look just fine, I don't think you'll have any problems.

By the way, does it look like week 13 is beginning to cool down and many people are starting to run practise sessions for next week? (I do)

Yeh, it does look like that. I'm preparing for next week at least, although I'll do at least one race on Silverstone when it comes into the cycle. I really wasn't happy with my performance at Infineon Cup, so I have a good excuse to go for it on Long :>
:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

I've been trying to run Lowes but I'm ultra uncompetitive there. Today I was running again and people were again passing me on the straight. So it finally came to me. Me it wasn't my setup, maybe it wasn't me, maybe it was the pedals. And of course I looked for the pedal indicator and it was at 85-90% ((((( So I've been running like this all the time?? No wonder people always pass me on the straights ((((

I recalibrated the pedals. Hopefully it'll be OK, and my laptimes will improve by 2 sec They did at Lowes...
Is there any reason to shift properly in iRacing? Is there any sort of damage/wear/heating from flatshifting or upshifting without the clutch?
Anybody got a spare promo for a friend of mine?
Quote from Gabkicks :Is there any reason to shift properly in iRacing? Is there any sort of damage/wear/heating from flatshifting or upshifting without the clutch?

Not yet, it's one of those features that we're currently missing.
Quote from Gabkicks :Is there any reason to shift properly in iRacing? Is there any sort of damage/wear/heating from flatshifting or upshifting without the clutch?

Like Crommi said, we're badly missing that. Right now, almost everybody turns off auto clutch and flat shifts. I had auto clutch enabled for almost 4 weeks before I found out that it's not needed.

It's kind of lame, but hopefully they'll implement damage soon.
Quote from Linsen :Like Crommi said, we're badly missing that. Right now, almost everybody turns off auto clutch and flat shifts. I had auto clutch enabled for almost 4 weeks before I found out that it's not needed.

It's kind of lame, but hopefully they'll implement damage soon.

ROFL, I didnt realise that until now but have been using the clutch pedal in the solstice anyway
Solstice is more or less the only car you notice it's loss, on ovals you don't change gears and rest have sequential shifter which don't necessarily require using clutch. Just can't be arsed to lookup which one of those do and don't.
legend, skippy, mazda, and radical all have sequentials

the skippy supposedly needs the clutch on downshifts

The legend has a motorcycle trans in it. I've heard that you can shift without the clutch with street bikes, but you have to do it right or something...don't know much about the subject

I would assume the mazda and radical only need clutch on starts
Well, ideally, the clutch is only used during startup. The clutch is now just used as a safety precaution to prevent us to accidentally use the engine's torque to grind up the synchros or gears.
cetainly on the solstice youd have to use the clutch either way... synchro boxes take ages to get the gear in on upshifts without using the clutch
The engine's speed doesn't drop fast enough?
has anyone tried the skippy at laguna?

It was a lot of fun since that whole track is pretty much about carrying speed, and the skippy...well its an underpowered dog with no downforce.

I had a lot more fun there than at Infineon. I got down to a 1:40.5, curious where other people might be since I'm more off pace at Infineon than I'm used to being.
Oh, by the way, is there rain in iRacing?
nope, no weather. I am wondering how far iRacing will go with content. It would be nice if we could see some sort of plan on what and when features would be released, but no developer's really done that very well.
Well, if it's going to charge a subscription fee, it better have EVERYTHING. Including weather, damage, and best damn AI system that the world has seen.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG