The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
LOL no that was my dad's name but they changed it this morning to my real name.

Taha El Alaoui

And btw stableX, it's frozen. (The iRating) I think it's only for this week though cuz of the multi-car races. So I'm stuck at 2.5 till my races actually count for iRating.
Quote from StableX :yeah, totally! I might be wrong but I think the practice too you can race online and not aff3ect your SR. Just not this week

Thats good to know, at least I can have the massive accidents that usually happen when I try and play games like that with a gamepad without lowering my safety rating. Its the same in LFS actually, when I crash on my own its never a small crash, so if or when I get it I should be able to fully test out the damage.
If i just do the monthly demo and i stop for a few months after that, will my account be deleted/wiped? Or can I just pay and continue where I left off?
no invites.. why why whyyyy!!!
made all my office mates register and hope that they receive an invite in the meantime.. :P
Quote from Gabkicks :If i just do the monthly demo and i stop for a few months after that, will my account be deleted/wiped? Or can I just pay and continue where I left off?

Your account, stats and any extra content you pay for will remain indefinitley.
Does anyone else think that this week's races are too long? I think for a post-season fun week shorter races would have been better.

I'm not really enjoying the Legends car. It is a thrill to drive in some respects because it's pretty twitchy but I don't seem to be able to find a rhythm in it. I don't think I'll be driving it again, especially because I find the Solstice feels very realistic which gets me really immersed in the game. I think if I was American and understood what the Legends is about I would enjoy it more, but as it is I can relate to the Solstice so much better.
Quote from evilpimp :And btw stableX, it's frozen. (The iRating) I think it's only for this week though cuz of the multi-car races. So I'm stuck at 2.5 till my races actually count for iRating.

You're getting iRating and Safety Rating (SR) mixed up. 2.5 is your SR, which you need to get above 3.0 by the end of the season (12 1/2 weeks from now) in order to advance to the next license level (Class D). Your iRating is not visible to you, yet, as you're still a Rookie. It's still calculated even for Rookies, but not visible until you get to class D.

Both, SR and iRating are frozen during the current "fun" week, however.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Thats good to know, at least I can have the massive accidents that usually happen when I try and play games like that with a gamepad without lowering my safety rating. Its the same in LFS actually, when I crash on my own its never a small crash, so if or when I get it I should be able to fully test out the damage.

I sent you a PM to make sure you see this cuz I don't want to see you buy iRacing and be disapointed but you can't use a gamepad with iRacing.
Quote from Nick A :Does anyone else think that this week's races are too long? I think for a post-season fun week shorter races would have been better.

I'm not really enjoying the Legends car. It is a thrill to drive in some respects because it's pretty twitchy but I don't seem to be able to find a rhythm in it. I don't think I'll be driving it again, especially because I find the Solstice feels very realistic which gets me really immersed in the game. I think if I was American and understood what the Legends is about I would enjoy it more, but as it is I can relate to the Solstice so much better.

I agree the legend is good for short track ovals and small roadies. Laguna is way to big for that car.
Quote from A.Ulleri :I sent you a PM to make sure you see this cuz I don't want to see you buy iRacing and be disapointed but you can't use a gamepad with iRacing.

Erm... yes you can. As long as the gamepad has axis it works, I tried it... so it works.
Sabbatical needs you guys, hop in your Radicals and let's go racing.
Updated my setup and managed to lap 1:46.7
Quote from Jertje :(and they all disco after 3 laps)

Alright, so I'm a hypocrite :P
However, I jumped from 3rd to 1st at the start, taking the #1 spot from Dale Jr in the process, and then I continued to race with him for a lap until he span out and disco'ed. I felt like celebrating with chocolate, especially after I span out several times myself with my new ultra-loose setup, and so I did!
I pretty much ruined my race by running into two cars which were sideways on T4. After that it was just lonely race of hotlapping, so I went for it and kept lapping 1:46-1:47's when I wasn't spinning around

Improved my PB many times and it's now 01:46.442, managed to collect total of 24 incident points as well.

Edit: Just got booted from the race due to "Reckless driving". Spun out and couldn't find my way back to the track.
Quote from Nick A :Does anyone else think that this week's races are too long? I think for a post-season fun week shorter races would have been better.

My thoughts exactly.
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
Anyone got an invite? Nevermind, already have a promo code.
Quote from Nick A :

This is not in the USA:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=765223#post765223
And our very own Nikimere seems to have enjoyed it quite a bit!
Hey guys, lets determinate a time for we all race tonight...

i got iRacing too: Márcio Campos
Ah, i think i just saw you in the chatroom
How are the fun races going?

I made a real big mistake of entering an advanced solstice race last Friday on a track layout I've never run before (jefferson (?) @ summit). I was fine following the main pack around until they started leaving me in the dust. Then, I didn't remember braking points, turn in points, etc. I went off track several times and almost took out Dale Jr and the other leaders as they came around to lap me! I quit out of the race before I caused any wrecks thank god. I wonder if my safety rating dropped from 3.7x to below 3 after that race and I wasn't promoted to class D!? I haven't played since then due to all the craziness in my life over the last few days....!
I'll be racing the Legends on the Oval a bit. Feel like trying it. Rookie legends. Join me if you want
there's a solstice race at laguna seca that i'm waiting for. about 25 minutes till the race and i don't see anyone on the server. anyone got a good setup for laguna seca to share?
Quote from Technique :How are the fun races going?

I made a real big mistake of entering an advanced solstice race last Friday on a track layout I've never run before (jefferson (?) @ summit). I was fine following the main pack around until they started leaving me in the dust. Then, I didn't remember braking points, turn in points, etc. I went off track several times and almost took out Dale Jr and the other leaders as they came around to lap me! I quit out of the race before I caused any wrecks thank god. I wonder if my safety rating dropped from 3.7x to below 3 after that race and I wasn't promoted to class D!? I haven't played since then due to all the craziness in my life over the last few days....!

You were promoted
I should be in that race Gab and if youtest car on track you don't see the others. Only at 3 30 (here meaning 19:30 GMT) will there be a button called JOIN on the website and then you click on it and there's a warm up and then the race with others. :P

I'm having lag issues at Laguna. And I only get them at Laguna so it's weird... And annoying. I just started a race with Jason in it and at the start it was REALLY laggy so I tried to move to the side and did. Then started smoothly a bit and then in the middle of a corner it got stuck.

Gunna try to take off every application exept internet and iRacing and see. See you there.

P.S : Gab, I'm in the chat with you I believe. You're just not answering :P Gabriel Tawiah?
yeah i was afk i'm back though. this will be my first race! I've only gotten in a few laps but the car feels pretty good. I'm still getting used to balancing it through the corners, and finding the racing line. My goal is just not to crash. My best lap time is 1'51.xx right now.
Well we have around the same pb so Should be interusting . I hope it doesn't lag It's getting annoying and it,s only happening on this track when I'm online. Anyways, good luck.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG