The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
i joined up at the beginning of feb, its been perfectly smooth for me all the time, it looks like its just this event which has caused issues.
It's never usually like this, it's just because of the 500.

They had the same problems last year, I can't believe they didn't see it coming. I mean, yeah 1600 people are trying to access the website, but 1600 people isn't anywhere near a large number of traffic.

And, it's crashed again. Nice.
The Daytona 500 "event" is always the biggest one to join (for some reason). Last year there were roughly 1,000-1,100 that joined. It resulted in a crash, but only lasted about 10 minutes. We got no "restarts" or anything like that, so some people were laps down before they even entered the server.

The iR staff said they had fixed the problem and it wouldn't happen again (That was stated last year). This year during the Rolex 2.4hr race, there were about 900+ that joined. Everything bogged down, but no crash occurred (at least not on my end). So some might have thought this issue was fixed.

Now, 1600+ for one event. Plus they have the Premier IndyCar league. Any type of combination will result in this. Down.
It's all well and good pushing the race back 15 minutes every time they **** up, but it's no use for anyone who isn't American. It's now midnight, and if the race goes ahead we could be up until about 5am.
you might be.. i certainly wont be lol
Wow, facepalm...

Refunds pleasexD
Quote from CSF :http://www.facebook.com/iracing

tr0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l is all that needs to be said.

Those people are idiots and retarded. Okay, it's a bit annoying that servers went down and Daytona 500 had to be delayed, but still, why go mad and start trolling and attack the crew? Shit happens, all I said was "meh" and moved over. Useless idiots there I say.
I renewed, 3 months for $20 was too much of a good deal to ignore
One of the splits (not the one I crashed out of) went on until 10pm ET which I beleive is 6am GMT. iRacing = Massive idiots.
Quote from oscarhardwick :One of the splits (not the one I crashed out of) went on until 10pm ET which I believe is 3am GMT. iRacing = Massive idiots.

Street stock at charlotte!
just signed up for the free trial and i must say it is pretty good, and im supposed to be sleeping to go to school in about 4 hours... iRacing ftw.
I ended up having a great 500, started about mid-pack and dropped to the back to avoid a big one, had a great green flag pitstop which put me right at the very front again. Stayed up there for the rest of the race and finished 2nd, although the race finished under caution, I think I had a good chance of getting 1st if the race went green, but 2nd is good.
Quote from DeKo :I ended up having a great 500, started about mid-pack and dropped to the back to avoid a big one, had a great green flag pitstop which put me right at the very front again. Stayed up there for the rest of the race and finished 2nd, although the race finished under caution, I think I had a good chance of getting 1st if the race went green, but 2nd is good.

grats, second is very good.
I love the game but still think the server is buggy. Out of the 4 races I have done, I only completed 1 by not timing out.
Then there might be something wrong with your broadband then. I can play on my iPhone 4's 3G internet and I have never timed out.
7,700 race laps (+many practice laps), never once timed out from US or AUS servers.
You can keep track of your internet conn in the FPS indicator (F key)
L=Latency
Q=quality
S=Sync? (I forget now)
Whenever I pay attention to it, all of the connections are in the green and are very low bars. After the second lap or so, I watch my Q spike to the red until I time out. It never happens in practice mode so I can't explain it at all!

However, I did learn that you can reconnect to the race and keep racing. I've just forfeited every time I lagged out and it kept costing me rank.
Dodged about 3 big wrecks today on Charlotte with street stock, turn 4 is the turn people like to crash in
Quote from MINIz guy :Whenever I pay attention to it, all of the connections are in the green and are very low bars. After the second lap or so, I watch my Q spike to the red until I time out. It never happens in practice mode so I can't explain it at all!

However, I did learn that you can reconnect to the race and keep racing. I've just forfeited every time I lagged out and it kept costing me rank.

Yeah - that's packet loss. Are you on the dreaded WiFi? or Sharing your internet with facebook/myspace siblings?
Quote from JasonJ :Yeah - that's packet loss. Are you on the dreaded WiFi? or Sharing your internet with facebook/myspace siblings?

^^ what he said, i switched from WiFi to Hardwire for about the past two weeks and have not had a problem since. If you can it is best to stay away from WiFi when playing some form of online games.
wow, looking at the iracing hosted sessions right now, its so many, iracing makes aloooot of money lol
Just finished the iRacing nvidia miata race and it was so fun and easy to drive. (Anyone selling a G25/27 pm me)
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG