The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from StableX :yeah, doesn't seem right to have the Falcon and no Holden. However, isn't sebring owned by Panos, that's owned by GM who owns Holden?

A slim relationship already within iRacing

Haha slim? I think you're forgetting the 4 Chevy models directly tied to GM that are already in there. Impala, Silverado, Monte Carlo, and Corvette. The entire oval side of things is GM outside of the SK and Legend. Bring on the Holden.

I also hope that with the Falcon and Mustang establishing a relationship between Ford and iRacing, we'll get Ford oval cars at some point. Not that I'd drive them, but more variety on the track is always better.
Quote from UncleBenny :Haha slim? I think you're forgetting the 4 Chevy models directly tied to GM that are already in there. Impala, Silverado, Monte Carlo, and Corvette. The entire oval side of things is GM outside of the SK and Legend. Bring on the Holden.

Don't forget the Pontiacs (Solstice and the engine in the Riley).

I really can't wait for the Mustang. I love that car.
just started working on a danica patrick suit
Attached images
Driver Suit danica wip.jpg
Quote from atledreier :I was trying to be funny. I failed miserably.

Oh...

@Ford/GM discussion: Isn't there a Ford GT coming also?
Just came 2nd for the 2nd time against a load of Class B drivers as the only rookie in the field. Really enjoying the racing, just wish I could afford more of the tracks to compete in a full series with some of the other cars.
Quote from Gills4life :Just came 2nd for the 2nd time against a load of Class B drivers as the only rookie in the field. Really enjoying the racing, just wish I could afford more of the tracks to compete in a full series with some of the other cars.

Aaah, it was you in the 10 pm race! I was lucky to start that one, internet gave up and disconnected me a couple of minutes before the start, luckily it reconnected soon enough to make it..

What happened to you anyway? Black flag?

Will Power was in that race too, pretty sure it was the Indy Car driver.
Quote from DaveWS :Aaah, it was you in the 10 pm race! I was lucky to start that one, internet gave up and disconnected me a couple of minutes before the start, luckily it reconnected soon enough to make it..

What happened to you anyway? Black flag?

Will Power was in that race too, pretty sure it was the Indy Car driver.

Yeah I had a brainfart and forgot I was in 1st gear so I false started :doh: I gave up on that one. They changed my name now so it's no longer my Dad getting the glory! It's quite daunting sometimes racing against high classed drivers as the only rookie on the grid. I'm still getting in the top 3 everytime (when I don't false start) so I am still competitve! I saw you disappear right at the end of the warmup and then re-connect just before the lights came up. It was probably your shenanigans that caused me to jump the start, brown trouser moment for sure. Added you to friends anyway so hopefully we can have a race soon, although your PB is a couple of tenths quicker iirc!
I was just about to post about that!!! Bloody awesome news :eclipseeh
weeeeeeeeeee

now thats gonna be really above awesomeness!! \o/
WTF ZOMG

That's definitely a step forwards with iRacing, and I'm sure the car will beat the LFS BF1 with better physics etc
Wow, that's pretty amazing. Never thought an F1 team would jump onboard with iRacing so soon. Forgive me for not following F1 as closely as I should, but the FW31 is last years model right? So it at least has the new aero package.
Quote from UncleBenny :... Forgive me for not following F1 as closely as I should, but the FW31 is last years model right? So it at least has the new aero package.

you are right!
That is quite a surprise! Wicked

Interlagos please too
Awesome news! This will surely give iRacing much more publicity, customers and also possibilities for creating more content from the whole world.
Oh boy, can't wait!
Interlagos would be awesome, one of my favorite race tracks.
Quote from Kid222 :Awesome news! This will surely give iRacing much more publicity, customers and also possibilities for creating more content from the whole world.
Oh boy, can't wait!

Exactly, this is huge news for iRacing which many still see as U.S.-centric oval racing sim.
I have never played iRacing before so sorry for asking such a noob question.

LFS and iRacing, which one has better physics engine?
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :LFS and iRacing, which one has better physics engine?

Which colour is better, red or green? (Bonus points if asked by a colour-blind person.)

My point is that there is no answer to that, because a physics engine has many different aspects, each of which can be simulated with different levels of accuracy and correctness.
Quote from UncleBenny :Interlagos would be awesome, one of my favorite race tracks.

i know interlagos like the palm of my hand...
i used to race karts at the go-kart track and formula ford / renault at the race track!!! =D
Quote from buck77 :i know interlagos like the palm of my hand...
i used to race karts at the go-kart track and formula ford / renault at the race track!!! =D

that's awesome..... I'm very jealous. What a great experience!
Quote from StableX :that's awesome... What a great experience!

it is indeed!!!

im sure im a better driver in real life than here! LOL
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG