The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Haven't seen a post in their forums disagreeing with the popular (better? ) opinion, so yeah, unanimous... I would hope it's ingame - maybe a mistake to express that only on the other forum - but past experience and the wording in the episode ("hotlap", "recorded in fall 2010") are quite overwhelming counter-arguments...
Warning: No facts in this post, simply asking a question on topic!

Didn't the F1 video before its release have recorded sounds and everyone was moaning? "This isn't how they should advertise their product" comes to mind during that time period. Anyways its the same for this video if true.

It's all faked anyways. :rolleyes:
I'm leaving tonight to go to Boston for PAX East (http://east.paxsite.com/). iRacing will be set up there. Excited to go, hopefully they will be showing off some new stuff. I'll update you guys when I can.
Classic "dammed if they do and dammed if they don't"

Lets face it the general forum section on iRacing is extremely hostile. Many people stay away from the general forums so the negativity is amplified. That forum section makes the LFS tyre progress threads look friendly.

Again, sorry bbman, I didn't mean my post to have a go at you really. I'm not that good with the written word.
Quote from menantoll :Again, sorry bbman, I didn't mean my post to have a go at you really. I'm not that good with the written word.

No worries mate... I think we all fell in the same trap at one point...
It should be obvious by listening, but its also PLAINLY STATED that it is not in game sound.
iRacing has ruined LFS for me I went back to LFS earlier, and LFS just feels so feedback-less compared to iRacing.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :iRacing has ruined LFS for me I went back to LFS earlier, and LFS just feels so feedback-less compared to iRacing.

this.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :iRacing has ruined LFS for me I went back to LFS earlier, and LFS just feels so feedback-less compared to iRacing.

i agree 100%, but for me its what LFS hasnt done.
if they had looked into the career and stats system that iracing has, then i may have stuck with LFS.
IMO the devs should have gone the "dragons den" route and got major backing to make LFS into something amazing, and not just another racing sim.
Holy hell gotta start playing this again when summer vacation begins. So much new cars and series O.o
Eh, no connection drop outs yet. Did a qualifier and a race without any issues. I even won my first race today with the MX5 at Laguna Seca!
Quote from mr grady :i agree 100%, but for me its what LFS hasnt done.
if they had looked into the career and stats system that iracing has, then i may have stuck with LFS.
IMO the devs should have gone the "dragons den" route and got major backing to make LFS into something amazing, and not just another racing sim.

I don't know. But when I went back to LFS, i thought my wheel was broken or something. I can't feel any bumps, I can't feel anything when my wheels lock etc.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I don't know. But when I went back to LFS, i thought my wheel was broken or something. I can't feel any bumps, I can't feel anything when my wheels lock etc.

Turn the FFB way up and boost it even more from logitech profiler. I bet it gives you a drive from deepest hell
I neede to renew my subscription.

But im looking for some promo codes. So if anyone has any knowledge about that, just point me into the right direction for them!
I talked to the guys at the iRacing booth at PAX:East. I asked them about the Ford GT and they said they have the sunds complete, and it should be out in 1-2 months.
Quote from MINIz guy :Eh, no connection drop outs yet. Did a qualifier and a race without any issues. I even won my first race today with the MX5 at Laguna Seca!

whats your iRacing name, i might have been racing against you.
Quote from blakehoo88 :whats your iRacing name, i might have been racing against you.

Wat. Andrew Chow. My subscription runs out on Friday so I don't think I will be racing anymore until I renew in the summer.
Quote from MINIz guy :Wat. Andrew Chow. My subscription runs out on Friday so I don't think I will be racing anymore until I renew in the summer.

Better make sure you have turned off the auto-renew
well i've just managed 90 mins round spa which is the longest race i've done (by 30 mins) since i had swine flu in mid 09 which left me with post viral fatigue syndrome so i'm feeling quite pleased with myself (and knackered) despite only finishing 8th, also i had the lowest number of incidents in the race
Ah, I finally know who you are now, was wondering for a while . Spa is a pretty tough place to do an endurance race, I almost collapsed after doing the 2.4hr (that ended up being 3+ hours) a few weeks ago, so good going, especially with the low incidents, I think I finished with about 50 or something.
Damn
I must buy this game
I was able to drive my newly-ordered(Got it thanks to DACH winning the Cup) Star Mazda at Zandvoort.

Neat. And the response to my wheel aswell as the feeling, top.

Only thing: Someone told me I could do my MPR(From D to C) by having my rating above 4.0 and drive TT and R's at Zandvoort.

He must have been wrong, I did one and nothing changed.

Do I need to get the Barber now?
No don't get a haircut.

You did one. One isn't your MPR - check it out on the top right beside your helmet...
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG