The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from boothy :No don't get a haircut.

You did one. One isn't your MPR - check it out on the top right beside your helmet...

1. Hahahaha, nice one.

2. I did, and I know you have to do 4, either TT or R. And it's now 3, sorry, maybe it took some time to accredit it.
All you need to do is complete your MPR visible on top of the page on the right side of your helmet. In your situation i'd just do 4 time trials and you'll be class C
Quote from baSh0r :All you need to do is complete your MPR visible on top of the page on the right side of your helmet. In your situation i'd just do 4 time trials and you'll be class C

You don't even have to do the laps, just join the session and drive about for a lap or two. TTs are a great tool for gaining licences after you get 4.0.
2 laps won't get you credit for a TT you complete and utter spacker.
You do get the credit. A lap will do.
TT completed - 8 consecutive laps no incident

IIRC - 10 laps on shorter circuits
And FWIW -I'd rather do 20 laps in a official race than 80 laps in TT for the same SR increase.
TT is always around 10 Minutes. e.g on Zandvoort & Mustang 6 laps á 1.54, Compared to lime rock mx5, 8 laps á 1.00min
Okay, two TT's done, I already reached 1:34.5. I did my first SM race before, I had some small errors, but finished 8th without crashing into someone.
Just saw that 1 year special offer and it says that I can get 5 cars and 8 tracks.

Whats that 5th car? Theres Legend, that another ford, pontiac and mazda but theres still 1 more? Also cannot remember any other free tracks than Laguna, Lime rock and 2 ovals
Quote from Myffe :Just saw that 1 year special offer and it says that I can get 5 cars and 8 tracks.

Whats that 5th car? Theres Legend, that another ford, pontiac and mazda but theres still 1 more? Also cannot remember any other free tracks than Laguna, Lime rock and 2 ovals

The 5th car would be the Street Stock. The tracks are Laguna, LRP, Summit Point, Lanier, Charlotte, SoBo and that really funny shaped one (Oxford Plains or something?).
Just finished another race from 11th down to 5th position.

Great fun, and thanks to the wheel calibration, it always feels right, LFS and rF don't have that option?

Now, I only need a nice skin, for example a Renown skin that fits the car
Well, my free subscription lapsed but I still want to play really bad. I loved how iRacing pairs you up with guys at your level when they account in qualifying laps and ratings; I was never outclassed with guys running 2+ seconds faster than me. I guess that will change once I get better, but I need a new subscription for that to happen.

Maybe I'll hop on LFS again just to quench my racing needs for now.
3rd Star Mazda race, first podium.

Did a Qualy and started 3rd, when I kept pressuring 2nd for about 20 laps, before he went too far outside at the 2nd last corner, and I slipped through. He kept near me before spinning at T1 and I raced 2nd home.

Cardoso, the winner, had an advantage of 27 seconds though...

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =3251381&custid=59319
Nicely performed overtake.

I never did 59.0 at Lime Rock, I think...
its quite sick, with H-shifter you easily get into 58's but with auto clutch your limit is somewhere at 58.9 high
I was able to do 1:00 consistently on Lime Rock but never touched 0:59.xx ever. I respect those guys who can drive that fast. Also, it seems that in every track, the Roadster is faster than the Cup since it has better gearing. I would be rowing through the gearbox so much more in the Cup than what some Roaster guys were doing.
Quote from baSh0r :its quite sick, with H-shifter you easily get into 58's but with auto clutch your limit is somewhere at 58.9 high

Really? I never use H-shift...
The fastest I can go in Lime Rock is 59.1. I can consistently do 59.6 in a 20 laps race. But I have never done a 58.x. I am losing a lot of time in T1 T2 and T3.
My PB's there on auto clutch are 59.335 in race, 59.232 in quali and... only once i've done 58.998 on test
Has anyone else been doing grand ams? Pretty nice combo
I just bought the Riley and Mustang today with the intention of doing the Road America round this week. I wish I had bought the Riley earlier though, it's a fantastic car to drive on the limit, so nicely balanced on the throttle and very responsive, would have been great fun in the 2.4hr Daytona race.
Quote from DeKo :I just bought the Riley and Mustang today with the intention of doing the Road America round this week. I wish I had bought the Riley earlier though, it's a fantastic car to drive on the limit, so nicely balanced on the throttle and very responsive, would have been great fun in the 2.4hr Daytona race.

The DP is really fun at Indy.
dp is really nice to drive, i'm never able to match my free time to a grand am race but i love driving the DP in the AVL SCC
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG