The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Ah right, makes sense
Im officially a iRacing nub tips tricks k go :P
Do practice sessions in the MX-5 at Lime Rock - use the Roadster as it's faster - learn the track and try to get 1 min laps, then attempt to get below a minute.
Do qualifying at xx:35, fastest lap with no incidents will count for the whole week.
Run a race, there's one each hour, drive safe and cleanly and your SR will go up. Press F3 to keep track of the cars around you.
Don't do warmup sessions as there's no point and it counts against your SR.

Anything else?
Quote from AstroBoy :Im officially a iRacing nub tips tricks k go :P

Go practice and drive 100 laps.
Quote from PMD9409 :I've had the pleasure to be in TS with Parker Kligermann (real life NASCAR driver) who has told us on many occasions how that is very unrealistic. In the Nationwide series on fresh tires they can put the pedal to the floor and not have much or any wheel spin. With worn tires they do have some, but not as much as fresh tires in iR.

Of course this is one of the things that is supposed to be fixed with the tire model update, but I won't be holding my breath.

I think the unrealistic rear springs, cross weight, tire pressures, etc also cause a lot of it.. But that's just an amateur guess.
Quote from AstroBoy :Im officially a iRacing nub tips tricks k go :P

do some laps and make sure you can get to a pace where you don't get any incidents then do a race! I'd say for the first race, don't qualify and start from near the back. It will be good fun trying to get past people and also you wont have people t-boning you in to T1 that don't realise the key is clean not winning at the start!
Quote from boothy :
Don't do warmup sessions as there's no point and it counts against your SR.

For some reason when I first start up iRacing, the pedals don't seem to be calibrated correctly and when I touch the brakes slightly the wheels fully lock, however after some full depress and release's this irons it's self off. So I always take part in warm-up...but no further than the length of the pit lane, just so I can get some speed then pump the brakes.

It could be something I've unchecked or not done correctly in settings, but I got into the habit now and its no my set routine when I race (which I'll have to re-subscribe to do so...anyone tell me if the Celtic league has started yet or in preparation, enjoyed it last year)
Quote from racer hero :I think the unrealistic rear springs, cross weight, tire pressures, etc also cause a lot of it.. But that's just an amateur guess.

Those IMO are from the tire flaws and also some inertia imperfections. The cars move in weird ways that sometimes can be unpredictable with a "fast" set. The reason though is that the cars have so much less grip that you need those ridiculous tire pressures, extremely low cross weights, and sometimes up to 800 spring splits. Those are all completely unheard of in NASCAR and that's why you see many of the oval guys complaining.
omg, my month trial subscription is up. I guess i will have to start spending real money to stay with a good simulator.
Just after forgetting how awesome it is getting 4x Car Contacts by cars missing the brake point and slamming into your rear.

Jetta in your face.
I'm sure the people you rear ended at Road Atlanta feel the same way
If they feel like braking 30 meters too early then yes of course, they shall burn in hell
rule 547

if you hit someone from behind, they hit the brakes too early, if someone hits you from behind, they hit the brakes too late
correct .

No but in all honesty, lately just tapping my rear giving (both of us) a 4x for basically nothing. I wonder if there has even been a paint scrap.

Thats the only thing decreasing fun on iRacing. Even if you try to be perfectly safe, theres still someone who either just taps you for a 4x or completely wrecks you. There is no difference made
iRacing co-founder, chief executive and chief technical officer Dave Kaemmer announced today that he will be taking a six month sabbatical to pursue the one passion that rivals his love of virtual tire-modeling: cycling.

Effective April 1, Kaemmer will be devoting all his considerable energies to preparing for the upcoming TD Bank Philadelphia International Championship, the longest running and most important single day cycling road race in the United States. Kaemmer will join the prestigious Equipe Poincaré in the June 5 event, which consists of 10 laps of a 14.4 mile circuit in the City of Brotherly Love.
“If there’s anything that brings me more satisfaction than working with quaternions, eigenvalues and coefficients of friction it’s crushing the heart and soul of a competitor in a bicycle race,” said Kaemmer. “It’s long been my goal to compete in road cycling at the very highest level of the sport.
“As everyone at iRacing knows, I’ve been working flat-out on a new, state-of-the-art tire model for quite some time now. We’re close to a major breakthrough so I want to take some time to clear my head, then come back fresh and finish the job.”
“On behalf of everyone at iRacing, I want to extend my best wishes to Dave on what I’m sure will be a successful venture into the realm of competitive cycling,” said iRacing president Tony Gardner. “Dave has devoted nearly every waking hour – and some non-waking hours as well – to iRacing’s new tire model over the past few years. We’re looking forward to him resuming work on the project come January.”
Although Kaemmer is currently focused on his pro cycling debut in Philadelphia, Equipe Poincaré has a place remaining on its squad for the 98th Tour de France, which commences on July 2. Team officials have indicated Kaemmer’s performance in the TD Bank Philadelphia International Championship could well earn him the opportunity to wear the maillot puce with Equipe Poincaré’s familiar
ct√(-1) insignia in the French cycling classic.

So no tire physics updates for a long time then :P April Fool
January 2012? Your right, that is a good joke... Since its going to take longer than that for them to get it right.
April fools, right?
Quote from The Moose :Try the Lotus 79

Darn, I knew it was either 78 or 79, thanks

So, both Lotus and Corvette on the same level? Need to decide then...
You're better off buying another track tbh, you're not going to get much out of the class B cars without any tracks to run them on.
Corvette will need the Radical too if you want to do mixed B class.... if you want pure vette then it will be fixed setup.
Thing is: I have enough free credits for a new car left, but not track

Well, I take another look into it. Maybe some more investment, but hard without credit card.
Anyone play with a gamepad?
Quote from Bean0 :I even found myself reading it in a Clarkson voice

Yeah, me too, it was that good.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG