The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Hugo Luis!

and, probably, myself!
Kenneth O'Keefe, Nolan Scott, Phil Diaz.
Quote from count.bazley :Any LFS-ers taking part in the Rolex 2.4 Hours of Daytona tomorrow besides myself, StableX and DaveWS? I would imagine there may be 200+ drivers entering the race with 40 cars per field, it could turn out to provide some great racing throughout all the grids.

I'll be there, although I'm quite a bit off pace after months of inactivity.
Quote from count.bazley :Any LFS-ers taking part in the Rolex 2.4 Hours of Daytona tomorrow besides myself, StableX and DaveWS? I would imagine there may be 200+ drivers entering the race with 40 cars per field, it could turn out to provide some great racing throughout all the grids.

Was going to, but will be going to Dens park to watch County instead....unless the game gets cancelled.
Finally managed a decent lap. 1:37.738 in offline testing, but I lost over 2 tenths exiting the chicane when the rear just didn't want to keep it's ass in line. I've attached it if it can help someone.

Gah, over 2 MB so won't fit here, stuck it on mediafire instead: http://www.mediafire.com/?ththgmyjkzt
THANK YOU DAVE!!!!

wanna see Hugo beat that now! LOL
Quote from buck77 :THANK YOU DAVE!!!!

wanna see Hugo beat that now! LOL

Well with a leg stuck between the chassis and and arm stuck in an engine, doubt he'll be beating it in the next day or so

Quite amazing that 520 have qualified so far. I wonder how many will start! Also wonder how many will be able to get under to incident points

Awesome time Dave! I did a 1.51! Going to try and start at the back

Update: 668 people qualified - holy crap!
You're slacking Andy - you've qualified ahead of 7 people!
Are they doing a stream for this too?
I think I'm currently in the top 50, only managed a 1.38.8 though. I'll probablly be in the 2nd or 3rd split with my 3774 iRating, so hopefully I'll be closer to the front of the field! Good luck everyone, its gonna be fun!
have had almost to practice, :vomit: so my best time is only a 39.4ish time to just keep it on the track
Will you be representing england Dave in the club finals? They could use a few more quick division 1 drivers.
Just over 3 minutes to race start and we have over 900 entries!
And then the server exploded...
Well that was promising while it lasted. Got place into the 2nd split, on pole position. I lost the lead into T1 because I chose to start in 2nd (fail) during the rolling start, but after a couple of laps battling with Juan Diego Baez, I managed to pass him without much trouble into the chicane. From there on I was just trying to settle into a good rhythm and pull out a lead without overdueing it. On lap 20 though, my internet started to show signs of lagging, eventually turning into all red bars and eventually disconnecting. I knew there was a possibility of it happening during the race, but it was starting to show more reliability of late. A word of advice to anyone considering an ISP, do NOT EVER choose virgin media. Me and my housemates had to go with them because the house had a virgin line fitted and would be too expensive to get a BT line.

I had a 12.7 second lead from Nolan Scott (go Nolan! I expect nothing less than the win ), who is now presumably still leading, I think Ken O'keefe is in the top 10 too, so it is / was a good showing for LFS'ers. I also noticed from watching some of the replay that my throttle was occasionly spiking to 95% throttle or so, so overall a very bad day for hardware issues..

On the plus side I should have gained SR from only one inc, and I now have time to revise for and not fail my final uni exam this semester on monday.
I was in that split David... shame about your network issues as you were looking at a sure win there. The race sorta sucked ass for me. There was a small pile-up at the banking during the pace lap (lol.) and I couldn't brake/avoid everyone and ended up with some damage to my suspension. After 4-5 laps I decided to use my reset and then after another 20 laps or so I lost it at T4 or T5 and decided to call it a day.

I'm amazed at the level of stupidity during a pace lap of an endurance race, I just want to go back to Skippy/Jetta racing where everyone at least has basic control over their vehicle, but there's zero competition there on regular race days.
CoRe did pretty well I must say.

Split 1: Klaus got 3rd, Pat also in the top 15.
Split 2: Nolan 1st, Ken 2nd.
Split 3: Phil (me) 2nd. Should of been first but lapper pwned me.
Lower Splits: Someone we are looking into 4th.
Lower Splits: Justin was leading by almost a minute then got destroyed by a lapper.

Was fun for my return to iRacing, might do it more often now.
Nice results, lot of LFS-ers up in front of their splits. Shows where the real quality is hidden. Gratz to everyone.
Now is time for real Daytona though.
http://www.justin.tv/crazyodaz#r=9ZrKITs

And btw. i'm hosting Jetta race @ Lowes road tomorrow @ 1900 UTC, come and join the fun.
90min practice, 10 min Q, 28 lapper with flying start and SC-
i only started serious practice about 3 hours before the race, but had a 15s ish lead after about 20 laps, and was on driving at about 90% to try to avoid errors and 0x, then i lost concentration while try to spot the cause of the yellow flag when entering the chicane and lost it on the curb hit the wall and had to get a tow, then almost ran out of fuel at the end, not to self dont race when ill.

but SR went up about 1 so will get a promotion now.
Was in the 4th split. Started 4th, pitted from the lead on Lap 42 as I stayed out longest of the front-runners. Rejoined in 4th but clubbed the wall on pit exit. Damaged the steering and had the right-front corner dragging on the banking, lost about 5-10 mph of straightline speed. Dropped to 10th in the closing laps, had a great battle with a guy much faster than me but the left-front blew with 2 laps to go after he had just passed me. Crawled round to the pits and finished 19th. If I hadn't hit the pit-wall it looks like I would have finished 3rd or 4th, I barely had any incidents, even with the damage - one off-track and a half-spin in the bus stop and an off-track when I trailed round with the puncture. Brilliant race though, it was unbelievably clean and competitive.
Quote from count.bazley :Was in the 4th split. Started 4th, pitted from the lead on Lap 42 as I stayed out longest of the front-runners. Rejoined in 4th but clubbed the wall on pit exit. Damaged the steering and had the right-front corner dragging on the banking, lost about 5-10 mph of straightline speed. Dropped to 10th in the closing laps, had a great battle with a guy much faster than me but the left-front blew with 2 laps to go after he had just passed me. Crawled round to the pits and finished 19th. If I hadn't hit the pit-wall it looks like I would have finished 3rd or 4th, I barely had any incidents, even with the damage - one off-track and a half-spin in the bus stop and an off-track when I trailed round with the puncture. Brilliant race though, it was unbelievably clean and competitive.

was awesome! Not sure which split I was in but good have done well if I hadn't got a disconnection

Still with 950 people registered and raced, that is a record!
I just ran the indy car at road america for the RACC, won my race in Div2 by nearly a minute, apparently it was random grids and luckily I got put on pole, though I put more rear wing ont he rear rather than removed some which made my car even more understeery, which I guess helped because all I had to do was keep the car on the road.

Good event but I dont agree with the random grid...
i've done that before, made a change meaning to do 1 thing then spending ages to find out why it is still crap.
Hmm, actually, i'm a noob, when I put 1 deg less on the rear wing and click apply, it goes back up to 49, so no wonder it was so shiz.

I've put 1deg more on the front now and my times dropped my a second on full fuel, should be better for the next race, even if it's at 2am!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG