The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
hooray for fixed setups and more realistic shift model. I have used gated shifter and clutch pedal for a while now w/ certain cars, so it wont affect me.
I'm really worried about the shifting thing. I'm used to tapping the sequentials to change gear. I don't get why you have to hold it o.O that might be very distracting during a corner if necessary or in traffic.
sooo, according to twitter, they are doing the update now for physics and everything?
-
(Bean0) DELETED by Bean0 : inability to express myself due to filter
Quote from Gabkicks :sooo, according to twitter, they are doing the update now for physics and everything?

New iRacing.com software will launch late tonight! Are you ready for night racing? Watch a teaser here: http://bit.ly/b931M1 #iRacing.com

iRacing - 7/27/2010 22:09
Quote from Gabkicks :sooo, according to twitter, they are doing the update now for physics and everything?

yup, all the above is being updated as we speak!
Quote from StableX :yup, all the above is being updated as we speak!

Cool I come to lfsforums to read about iRacing updates

Runs away to fire up racing rig...

Night racing only at one oval track... who cares eh?
Physics update, damage update, web interface update.
Twiiter said approx 9 hrs to update 17 hrs ago guess it will be an early night then
The 9hrs scheduled is from 0400 - 1300 GMT, so 1hr40 left before they're late
ah thats not so bad then I'll wait up in that case lol
it's up update is 465mb for me

nvm its down again
Down for me too :O
okay... its up now
Pretty impressed so far. Obviously the transmission model still needs the extra step of wear and damage but the implementation feels pretty good. Just ran a lap or two in the Mustang and I could either do hell-and-toe or just clutchless rev-match on downshifts, the former being more footwork and the latter giving an increased chance in messing the gear change.

New damage seems fairly good, managed to damage the engine in the Late Model after a few hard knocks against the wall with the front-right.
Just did SRF in Charlotte and it feels awesome!
lol which Charlotte have you been in?
also anyone know why we have so much new data for every track in the sim
Charlotte motor speedway :detective
This is what i like about Iracing a lot, constant updates, new tracks etc.
Quote from ChristijaNL :This is what i like about Iracing a lot, constant updates, new tracks etc.

lols. meanwhile, in the LFS universe, still no sign of the VWS or Rockingham while the devs are busy pefecting the tire model which is already very good, while red and white barriers have been flinging you to the moon since 1955!

Rawr, I cant wait for my wheel to get here! Really itching to play!
Trying out the spectator option and it doesn't seem to work properly. I'm trying to watch a race from one of my friends but I keep connecting to the wrong split. Duh.
Aha, it is working, we're just really stupid. I was spectating that race rather than in it, logged out, thought you were in a race and then tried to spectate it only to end up watching the same race I was watching minutes earlier!

I think the little icon next to your friends' name is a steering wheel if they are racing in that session and binoculars if they are spectating it.
Nice update, nice speed. 14 kb/s

E: just stopped, internal server error.
Quote from count.bazley :Aha, it is working, we're just really stupid. I was spectating that race rather than in it, logged out, thought you were in a race and then tried to spectate it only to end up watching the same race I was watching minutes earlier!

I think the little icon next to your friends' name is a steering wheel if they are racing in that session and binoculars if they are spectating it.

Ah! That's funny At least one of us worked out what was going on.
Quote from MijnWraak :Rawr, I cant wait for my wheel to get here! Really itching to play!

Haha, reading this while I am in France also makes my hands itch to play it, I really wanna try the new things.
Quote from MijnWraak :... while red and white barriers have been flinging you to the moon since 1955!

If i remember correctly iRacing barriers are far from perfect & if you hit the wrong spot at Barber, the track will launch you into outerspace.
Both sims are work in progress.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG