The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Good that the two new cars are being released with the 13th week build instead of 2 weeks later as previously announced.
Quote from carfetish :Good that the two new cars are being released with the 13th week build instead of 2 weeks later as previously announced.

It has been said that the 2 new cars might (=probably) not make it to the next release and may be released some time afterwards
Quote from Hyperactive :It has been said that the 2 new cars might (=probably) not make it to the next release and may be released some time afterwards

Yes that one, which has changed with today's update.

They are also releasing these five more cars in July, so they're actually ahead of schedule
Is anyone else severely disappointed that the LMS series only has 45 minute races with two 60-minute enduros?
Quote from MadCat360 :Is anyone else severely disappointed that the LMS series only has 45 minute races with two 60-minute enduros?

Yep. So is many many people on their forums.

Apparantly the reasoning to do it is because the series will be popular. That excuse doesn't cut it IMO. The fixed series was meant to be 30 minute races, while the open would be 60 with two 90 enduros. Silly to do the way they are.
I'm proper pissed off at the way we're getting shafted with the so called "endurance racing"

Instead of any endurance racing we get two sprint race series. What a load of bollocks.
Quote from The Moose :I'm proper pissed off at the way we're getting shafted with the so called "endurance racing"

Instead of any endurance racing we get two sprint race series. What a load of bollocks.

It was never claimed to be endurance racing.
It is the Prototype & GT challenge...the same as last time but with different cars.

We'll not have Endurance racing until there's driver swaps.
There is no single driver endurance series in real life is there ?
Quote from The Moose :I'm proper pissed off at the way we're getting shafted with the so called "endurance racing"

agreed..... its rather poor. I can appreciate the fixed series being short but Myers makes an excuse by saying:

Quote :
I have seen some threads asking about the race length of the Prototype and GT open series and why they are not hour plus races and the schedule was created this way to make it more accessible to the majority of the service. It will be our most popular road series this season so we have to approach the schedule differently.

I thought the fixed series was to make things accessible..... really disappointed!
Can't believe that the races are nearly equal with Star Mazda races. Radical races are going to be longer. And the class lower, GrandAm, is going to have longer races, including an 80 minute race.

What league will you guys be joining for proper races?
Quote from Bean0 :It was never claimed to be endurance racing.

How silly of me to think they were making endurance racing cars and telling me in their marketing bullshit that we are getting endurance racing, that we might be getting an endurance racing series.

Of course we cant have proper endurance until we get driver swaps, (but hey, we'll have a live chat function while we are waiting for driver swaps)
but they have no excuse not to make the series races at least long enough for fuel and tyre strategy to play a part.

They are already catering to the sprint race crowd with the fixed setup wreckfests, sorry, races. Why the open setup has to be sprint races as well makes no sense whatsoever.
Quote from PMD9409 :

What league will you guys be joining for proper races?

Good question. I'm in two minds. I'm going to do the FordGT anyway (assuming it feels okay) and then look for a league or set one up if I can't find one I like the look of. I get the impression we are going to see a million different leagues that are not that populated due to the number of offerings!
Ill be running the V8 Supercars again and probs some form of oval racing.
Dont know about the new GT challenge stuff though probs see how week 13 goes.
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for the V8 to get the ntm?
Quote from StableX :Good question. I'm in two minds. I'm going to do the FordGT anyway (assuming it feels okay) and then look for a league or set one up if I can't find one I like the look of. I get the impression we are going to see a million different leagues that are not that populated due to the number of offerings!

Might want to just join one now. At least post here when you do, I'll get a few to jump in the same one. At least then we can populate one of the series.

If you plan on creating one yourself, I'd say wait for driver swaps and go for a MoE. I'll help if needed.

If not, RaceDepartment will be making one, and they are normally top-notch. So I won't be losing out with this failure of a proposal iRacing has made.

Quote from StableX :I wonder how long we'll have to wait for the V8 to get the ntm?

Well it was funny to see articles about the SRF and V8 let out, yet their NTM wasn't even done yet? How could people review it so well and it not even be done? Seems quite strange...

----

Also, does anyone also find it annoying that the LMP and FordGT was counted in the "six cars"? Those cars were already built with the NTM, why on Earth would they count them to the ones converted and released?

--------

Oh and again this is another reason I wanted the LMS series to be A class. Longer races.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well it was funny to see articles about the SRF and V8 let out, yet their NTM wasn't even done yet? How could people review it so well and it not even be done? Seems quite strange...

Is there any article/forum comment reviewing the ntm on the V8? (links please!) I've only read the "iStig" on the SRF..
Does look pretty decent.
Are there many of us that just absolutely hates the NTM on the road courses? I really hope it drives better on a real road race car. My check book is hanging in the balance....I'll either be grabbing a year + the new cars and suzuka or letting my subscription lapse for the first time since pre release.
Quote from spanks :Are there many of us that just absolutely hates the NTM on the road courses? I really hope it drives better on a real road race car. My check book is hanging in the balance....I'll either be grabbing a year + the new cars and suzuka or letting my subscription lapse for the first time since pre release.

Meh, I hate the car but the general idea of the NTM will stay the same I imagine. There's just going to be a very thin line in which to race and less room for error. I'm very curious to see what the Skippy will feel like.
Quote from spanks :Are there many of us that just absolutely hates the NTM on the road courses? I really hope it drives better on a real road race car. My check book is hanging in the balance....I'll either be grabbing a year + the new cars and suzuka or letting my subscription lapse for the first time since pre release.

I just can't tell yet. To judge based on that Nationwide wouldn't be right. However, I think the NTM currently is setting out a very rough new base where a good NTM can be created from. There are so many flaws with it and faults that need a lot of work but it's a great base!
It is a good base, that's true. The main thing that gets me scratching my head is the sudden loss of grip just to turn around and have a massive over correction from sudden grip. Seems like the went too far in the other direction.
Quote from PMD9409 :It is a good base, that's true. The main thing that gets me scratching my head is the sudden loss of grip just to turn around and have a massive over correction from sudden grip. Seems like the went too far in the other direction.

I agree, i took that nationwide for a quick spin on Mosport and it seemed to me, that you need to control your car almost like on rails.
Neverthless, fall on face is still a move forward, so fingers crossed for better tomorrows.
Quote from PMD9409 :It is a good base, that's true. The main thing that gets me scratching my head is the sudden loss of grip just to turn around and have a massive over correction from sudden grip. Seems like the went too far in the other direction.

Anyone else having fun reading about the speed the tires having so long into the race?

At NHMS, in a 100 lap race, Kevin King did not pit once and ran his fastest lap on lap 91. Now at Richmond its 130 laps and someone went the whole way to win and got fastest lap at the beginning of his final run.

Seems like the tire wear is not decreasing grip, instead it is just the heat of the tires. Anyone else see this as very similar to LFS tire characteristics?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG